Entertainer fined for driving at 200 km/h after recording act for fan page

webfact

Entertainer fined for driving at 200 km/h after recording act for fan page

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- An actor and popular DJ was fined Bt1,000 on Monday for driving his car at speeds of up to 200 kilometres per hour on an expressway while recording the illegal act for his Facebook fan page.

Saranyu Prachakrit, better know as DJ Beam, turned himself into police at about 11am.

He admitted breaching the speed limit while driving on the Kanchanapisek expressway heading to Charansanitwong on Saturday night.

Saranyu’s recording of his trip showed he reached speeds of up to 200 km/h while travelling through traffic.

Saranyu said he wanted to test is car’s new exhaust pipe and recorded the clip to show to his fans.

The clip was later posted to the Social Hunter Facebook page, earning the DJ rebukes.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30325093

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-28

29 minutes ago, warwickshire49 said:

Hardly fast is it.  Maybe for the crap pick-ups you drive there but it is only 125 MPH for goodness sake.  Any decent car in Europe can do that.

We don't all  have  "crap pick-ups"  Merc says my little car can do 168mph flat out.  Not that I'd be game to get anywhere near that in Thailand. 

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

1000 baht?

200 kph?

not arrested for reckless driving?

new exhaust pipe? illegal modifications?

Maybe a relative of Yingluck, and therefore 'untouchable'? Why didn't they just let him 'escape'? Seems Thailand really wants to be the laughing stock in matters of law and order...

20 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

We don't all  have  "crap pick-ups"  Merc says my little car can do 168mph flat out.  Not that I'd be game to get anywhere near that in Thailand. 

Although I don't doubt it,  your little car must either be a very old model or you have had it delimited because even in Thailand MB have the 255KPH limiter  as has been the case for over 20 years now

Just now, warwickshire49 said:

Although I don't doubt it,  your little car must either be a very old model or you have had it delimited because even in Thailand MB have the 255KPH limiter  as has been the case for over 20 years now

2016 A45 with the "drivers package" so 155mph limiter removed from factory.

Anywhere else except on certain Autobahn stretches on German highways the idiot would have been arrested, thrown in jail, car confiscated and auctioned off and, after having finished his jail sentence, forked over a juicy fine of a juicy percentage of his income - to make it crystal clear, that what he did was not the best of ideas .............. 

7 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Anywhere else except on certain Autobahn stretches on German highways the idiot would have been arrested, thrown in jail, car confiscated and auctioned off and, after having finished his jail sentence, forked over a juicy fine of a juicy percentage of his income - to make it crystal clear, that what he did was not the best of ideas .............. 

Whats the limit now on the autostradas in Italy nowadays?

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

1000 baht?

200 kph?

not arrested for reckless driving?

new exhaust pipe? illegal modifications?

You only get arrested after you kill someone! And then you can still claim your sick and need to go to a private hospital for treatment for three weeks. Amazing Thailand!

On 8/28/2017 at 6:03 PM, warwickshire49 said:

Many production cars in the USA are limited to 100 mph/160.93 kph by a computer control chip, aftermarket companies sell replacement chips, supposedly for off road use. I don't doubt such is the case here. 

8 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

it is a lotus

I recall the Lotus engine would not pass EPA standards in the US so they replaced the Lotus engines with Toyotas. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck
Oopsie

10 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

I do not know of any state in The US that will adjudicate jail time for any first time speeding/wreckless driving violation. 

In Calif the fine was $60 plus $1 per mph over the speed limit. I heard it is now $100 plus $20 per mph. Cars are only confiscated for drug trafficking, unlicensed drivers (to include suspended license) or lack of insurance (aka financial responsibility). 

Edited by Grumpy Duck

1 hour ago, Grumpy Duck said:

130kph according to Wikipedia 

I remember 130+mph, not kph, on the bike. The bike could do it all day, I could do it for about 10 minutes and that knackered me. One of the reasons I admire the bike racers nowadays especially the guys at the IOM TT.

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Whats the limit now on the autostradas in Italy nowadays?

Italy - except when posted otherwise, the following speed limits apply: 130 kmph (80 mph) is the speed limit on highways in Italy. 110 kmph (68 mph) is the speed limit on non-major highways outside of major urban areas in Italy. 90 kmph (56 mph) is the speed limit on local roads in Italy.

On 8/28/2017 at 5:00 PM, warwickshire49 said:

Hardly fast is it.  Maybe for the crap pick-ups you drive there but it is only 125 MPH for goodness sake.  Any decent car in Europe can do that.

So that makes it OK does it? Please let me know before you set out on any journeys here.