Retirement OA Visa Information needed

Need some information please.

I have a Retirement OA visa issued on Oct 17 2016.....on the Visa sticker in my passport use before Oct 17 2017.

I entered in Thailand on December 02 2016 and left Thailand on Jan 15 2017. I know one is allowed to stay for a year on this visa and extend for another year...I am not sure when the one year would be up....use by Oct 17 2017 or my entry date of December 02 2017.

I am returning to Thailand on Nov 30 2017 for 3 months.......so the question is would I need to get a 2 month tourist visa and extend for 30 days...or would my Retirement OA Visa still be in effect on Nov 30 2017? If I can use my retirement visa I can save some cash by not getting a tourist visa.

Thanks so much for any help...

52 minutes ago, crankshaft said:

I am returning to Thailand on Nov 30 2017 for 3 months.......so the question is would I need to get a 2 month tourist visa and extend for 30 days

Yes because your 'O-A' visa will have expired before your next entry. A tourist visa gives 60 days.

Or, if you qualify, you might be able to get a single entry non 'O' that would give you 90 days.

• Like 1