Selling a car in Phuket

taxin

Does anyone have any recent experience in selling a car in Phuket ? Where is the best 2nd hand car place to go ?

I'm not interested in finding a private buyer and selling myself, dont have the time listing in the PG, Baht & sold etc,  just want to walk into a garage and do a quick cash deal. Also not looking to trade in, dont want to buy another car.

Any help is appreciated.

Sure Motor in Phuket town is in the business of buying and selling 2nd hand cars. They're located near the intersection of Mae Luang and Thepkrasattri roads.

Expect to receive an offer of about 80-85% of the market value of your car, in order for them to make a profit on the resale.

I agree with Sure motors, my previous vehicle I sold there some 2 years ago.   However, based on my recommendation, a friend went there recently (within the last 2 weeks) and was told that there was an oversupply of vehicles for sale at the moment, and they weren't buying any more stock.   Doesn't stop anyone trying though.

I believe that there is an oversupply at the moment as a result of people purchasing vehicles at a discount rate about 5 years ago. they were not allowed to sell them until after 5 years.. hence everybody now wants a new vehicle.. Thai logic.. money lenders again very happy.

Sure has a second  site around the Bang Jo lights on Thepkassatri Road, north bound carriageway. I got my latest vehicle through K Som and I know others who have had great service from them as well.

When I traded in my old vehicle I got more than I had expected for it, which was a pleasant surprise and they take all the pain out of registering the new vehicle.

They  have a website for anyone cruising their stock. When I change again they will be my first port of call.

Archived