Conflicting theories about Yingluck escape after video of police pickup

webfact

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find interesting, I asked my wife "what do people think about this YL situation at your work?".  She works at a hospital (the most gossip ridden places).....she says "no one talks about politics or military government at hospital, only gossip local government".    Somewhat contradictory for an answer, but bottom line, Thai people don't discuss publicly anything regarding Thailand current affairs....   Most are mushrooms, oblivious.  

3 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Yawn before the coup an agreement was reached. According to this agreement she would be prosecuted but would never go to jail. They will only take her cash and not all her assets. The junta gets to show how bad the politicians are. The Shins gets to show how bad the junta is. Everyone wins and smile wink wink. This agreement was exposed in a regional newspaper. 

I'm surprised Pra't hasn't ordered a million backnumbers . . . tossing these at the press, along with his now legendary 2-finger salute, would be so much easier than trying to answer those 'ridiculous' questions.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yes there probably were several vehicles well known to be used for her transport. Now enter a vehicle never seen before in her compound which appears to be delivering bottles of water or whatever and with space to cover her and be unnoticed and with dark tint windows, and with number plates that can be electronically flipped to another number, slip her out to a dark corner of a secluded car park never used before in her transport arrangements and into another car / van with very dark windows and across the border in an isolated place with no immigration office and quickly into the waiting pvt jet which landed 5 minutes earlier and takes off immediately she's on board, ignoring the air movement regulations etc., until it reaches the controlled air space of another country, then fulfill all the air traffic requirements. And already mentioned she has several passports if she needs to change to a regular commercial flight. 

Little doubt something like this is well possible and with clever planning could be executed.

Yes . . . easy-peasy lemon-squeezy, with her assets. I'm a bit worried about the pvt jet, landing and taking off 'across the border in an isolated place' though. Are Hawker Harriers still going cheap? . . . she'd love landing one of those in Parliament Square . . . Buckingham Palace, even, with her cheek. :partytime2:

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

...........News Flash.........

A photo has just emerged of a suspicious van leaving Yingluck's house.

Police have yet to confirm if they are investigating the van as the Police Commander commented

"at first we were suspicious but then realised it was the wrong colour"

download.jpg

Nice one, LannaGuy . . . another cracker, but come on, you guys, I told you I had a bag of work to do. Keep things down 'til tomorrow, could you? . . . No . . . silly idea. My work can wait 'til next week and, if you all pile in like you are doing, we could finish the Prat-demolition before weekend. Now then, how high's that tar?

3 hours ago, alant said:

Has she fled? Is there the  chance she may have been abducted?

Who by? . . . P2, hoping he might get to wear P1's flashy gear and, with very little effort, out perform him in the stupidity stakes. Nice idea, though! :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Jimmyjames120 said:

Tired of hearing about this crap, she's gone and she ain't coming back, move on and stop wasting space where we could be reading about the rest of thailands news 

There is nothing stopping you reading about the rest of Thailand's news.

In any normal situation she would be in jail awaiting trial. She was definately a flight risk cosidering her wealth and brothers flight. Why wasn't she jailed? Anyone comitting a far lesser crime who was a flight risk would not have been given bail. 

Just goes to show that no matter military or Shinawatra government, they are all corrupt and one law for us and another if you have a bank full of money.

Edited by Sumarianson

8 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Then what good is so called justice? 

Ha ha, funny joke. The rice pledging scheme was the PTP government's policy. Sure it was economic lunacy, but holding her personally liable for it is silly. Blatant persecution. The junta needs the Shinawatras gone because those silly red shirted rice farmers who inconveniently constitute a democratic majority keep voting for them. Hence the absence of democracy at present. Put her in jail and there will be riots.

Edited by sfbandung

1 minute ago, sfbandung said:

Ha ha, funny joke. The rice pledging scheme was the PTP government's policy. Sure it was economic lunacy, but holding her personally liable for it is silly. Blatant persecution. The junta needs the Shinawatras gone because those silly red shirted rice farmers who inconveniently constitute a democratic majority keep voting for them. Hence the absence of democracy at present.

You miss my point. You formerly suggested that it was a good idea for the authorities to let her go. But that means they would have deliberately disregarded the process of law which, according to the PM's Friday show, is applicable to all. All the time (money possibly tax payers money) spent pursuing the case why not just 'banish' her in the first place. Would have saved a lot time. Just paying lip service to the law by this government is just as guilty.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreign MinistryForeign Minister Don Pramudwinai said her location was still a mystery. He added that when Thai authorities know Yingluck’s location, they will ask for cooperation from the country where she is located. “However, as of now, we don’t know,” Don told reporters. 

Very easy to know where she is if you have access to passport information and flight numbers which have been booked using that passport.  Doesn't exactly take a genius.  Everyone has to use a passport to book a flight as well as to exit and enter a country.  They know where she is, just are just telling more lies.

Oh come on - they have no intention of ever putting Yingluk or her brother in jail because the backlash from the millions of people who support them would be difficult to deal with.  Having them effectively exiled to another country is by far the best option for future stability.  No she has been convicted she is presumably not eligible to run in Thai politics any more so the problem has "gone away".  I doubt that she personally devised any policies during her tenure and they are not going to jail the majority of her advisers so why should she be the scapegoat.   No one will convince me that anyone but the government is responsible for her "escape".

4 hours ago, TKDfella said:

You miss my point. You formerly suggested that it was a good idea for the authorities to let her go. But that means they would have deliberately disregarded the process of law which, according to the PM's Friday show, is applicable to all. All the time (money possibly tax payers money) spent pursuing the case why not just 'banish' her in the first place. Would have saved a lot time. Just paying lip service to the law by this government is just as guilty.

because I doubt there is any appropriate law to banish her under - also the government needed to appease the people who wanted to see her convicted as well as her vast army of supporters who still exist.  They are hoping this leaves no one with a cause to start demonstrations.  The money spent is a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of quelling riots and repairing damaged infrastructure.  

4 hours ago, TKDfella said:

It has always been my view that there needs to be an honest opposition party which promotes a populist ideology - they would get elected easily despite the misgivings of the business world. Social reform and redistribution of wealth is the only solution that might work. (I would say the same for the UK and US as well)

My Question is how does she get into the other country she escaped to 

You just don't rock up to Heathrow Airport and get in 

So where ever she is is remote as she sneaked in I can't see western country's letting her stroll in as she likes 

But the Thais they couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery they do my head in 

The focus on Yingluck for what is considered a fraud charge seems somewhat over publicized and overblown when you consider and compare it to The Red Bull heir globetrotting with  what should be a murder charge over his head for killing an on duty Policeman. Yet is not receiving the attention he deserves and is waiting for the statute of limitations to kick in. The Thai government cannot find him? Hard to believe.Where are the priorities?

24 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

My Question is how does she get into the other country she escaped to 

You just don't rock up to Heathrow Airport and get in 

So where ever she is is remote as she sneaked in I can't see western country's letting her stroll in as she likes 

But the Thais they couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery they do my head in 

They seem to have organised this escape quite effectively.

25 minutes ago, Jimmyjames120 said:

You've completely missed my point

You said you were tired of hearing about Yingluck's escape, which is your point of view.

I am not remotely interested in cars so I don't read the motoring forum. Works for me...