Sakon Nakhon ?

pianoman

I will be making a trip early next week to Sakon Nakhon looking for the place that others have told me about that raises, butchers and sells good quality Beef... Anyone know of the place and would care to comment???

Anyway, having never been there before, I would like to know if there is a Lotus, Big C, Makro or any other stores / places to shop????

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated...

Pianoman

Hi,

Yes, there are Makro, Lotus and a "big C" with more than 20 cashiers.

Happy landing in SN

Having never been there, I would greatly appreciate any directions / quidance in finding both the Thai-French Beef Company and or the larger Stores....

I will be driving into town from the South coming from Kalasin / Somdet...

Pianoman

Makro, Lotus on the Udon Thani- SN road (Large Avenue)- on the left coming from UT

Big C straight forward from Kalasin, after the main traffic light (crossing the downtown main road), it is around 500m on the right.

Thai French Beef Company, I am also interested to know where it is. (Going to live in Nakhon Phanom)

The Thai French Beef Company is ont he road from Sakon Nakhon to That Phanom Hwy. 223, I believe it is about 8 kms from Sakon Nakhon and is not marked very well, but there is a restaurant there and you might see that. I have never been there myself but would like to go sometime. Issangeorge.

The Thai French Beef Company is ont he road from Sakon Nakhon to That Phanom Hwy. 223, I believe it is about 8 kms from Sakon Nakhon and is not marked very well, but there is a restaurant there and you might see that. I have never been there myself but would like to go sometime. Issangeorge.
It's on the right out of Sakon Nakhon signposted as Ponyangkhran Live Stock Breeding Co-op. Normally the main gate is closed you have to go about 300M further on and enter via the dirt road, scenic tour around the stud to the restaurant and abattoir. See this thread for more detail. Thai French Beef

Thank You to all for the responses and information... I will be heading up that way either Tuesday or Wednesday, and will report what I find upon my return... Will not be able to comment on the quality of the Beef for awhile as I will be stuck in Bangkok for awhile starting the end of the week...

Again, Thank you...

Pianoman