Getting an Obscure Phone Screen Repaired?

CN1050

I recently broke the screen on my Oneplus 3T in Korea on my way back to Thailand and figured I'd have an easy time finding a phone repair place here that could do the job. If I was back in the States, I could have very easily ordered a new screen and replaced it myself but being in Thailand, I find it difficult to get things shipped here in a reasonable time frame, without massive fees.

I've been asking around at shops, both at Pantip and the kiosks at Central Plaza (I read of shops there that could have done the work but saw no phone repair shops other than the kiosks). Everyone tells me they do not have the spare parts on hand (understandable) but also that they do not want to order the part. I've gone to phone repair shops in Korea and the US that have been more than willing to order parts, as they have access to parts channels that get them cheaper bits, so the current situation is frustrating.

If you guys know of a place willing to order parts and can do the work, I'd be happy to know.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I've also seen it on Ali for that much. But if I go as far as ordering the screen myself, paying the customs on it, I may as well replace it myself which was my point in the post.

What I'm looking for is a shop that knows a reputable seller and has a channel to order the part and then can also replace it all at once. I'd be more than willing to leave the deposit for the part, I just do not want to have to chance it with a random seller AND pay ridiculous customs etc.

Depends how much time you have, customs duty is only over a certain amount £15 ish.
And it's only tracked deliveries handled by DHL or ups that sting you as they get a finder's fee.
If you ask them to say gift at a low value and send it standard EMS that will be delivered by Thailand post, you should not get customs duty.
Otherwise I don't know

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Well thank you for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind as my last choice, though at that point I figure I would rather buy the older Oneplus One and have it shipped out to me and wait on fixing my phone until I get to China in a month or so. I need a phone now, but paying all that money extra on top of having that inconvenience and gambling on a seller, just seems like a losing deal.

It seems screens are expensive $100+
I doubt anywhere will order the part with out at least that account as deposit.
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32824979332.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.7f25570faegku4

Order one and I'm sure a place will fit it for you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Expensive for a middling screen.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

As an update, I had a conversation with one of the repair people at Maya and they informed me that there is a block on replacement parts for my brand (Oneplus) into Thailand, which is why it is difficult to get parts. I tried buying a phone in America and having my dad ship it out but it seems that they want some kind of license and the shipping costs plus customs is outrageous as I expected so not going that route.

I'll hang my head in defeat and go chance it, buying a phone at one of the stands today.