Bangkok Airways To Pursue Fare Hike

Rooo

Bangkok Airways has reiterated its plan to increase airfare for the Bangkok-Samui route next year

.http://www.samuiexpress.net/?q=node/315

Source Samuiexpress

Edited by Rooo

Bangkok Airways has reiterated its plan to increase airfare for the Bangkok-Samui route next year

.http://www.samuiexpress.net/?q=node/315

Source Samuiexpress

They have never cancelled their plan to increase fares, only postponed.

Samui Express is not the most reliable source for news and information Samui.

is the K Pha Ngan airport really coming.

who is gonna own it

coz a boat to KPN then a cheap flight would hurt them bad i thinks

Personally i'll be taking the ferry to Donsak and flying from donsak. Even if it only saves me a small amount i'll do it out of principle...........

Talking to local Samui Thai's and other influential Thai's with business here, I don't think they will let them get away with it, were certainly not happy about a rise in price before when it was anounced, and speaking to a couple of Thai mates today, after the bombs in bangkok, the last thing they are hoping for is rises in costs for tourists coming to samui.

Monopolies are bad news........

It will damage the island if they are raised above what they are now. Especially when fuel prices are falling.

Their excuses are lame, every other airline had costs asociated with moving airports, they are not raising prices so much, this is pure greed.

Samui - Bangkok route is already hugely profitable, now they want to use their monopoly to squeeze even more out of us.

Womble,

That's not correct. I've talked to influential local Samuians and they think there's nothing wrong with BKK Airways raisinf their prices (on selected seats) since they haven't raised the rates for a long time.

Maybe we can get the old 'why don't they take care of the Taxi Meter mobsters first' discussion going instead.

BTW, Donsak doesn't have an airport, but a little bit outside of Surat Thani there's one.

Womble,

That's not correct. I've talked to influential local Samuians and they think there's nothing wrong with BKK Airways raisinf their prices (on selected seats) since they haven't raised the rates for a long time.

Maybe we can get the old 'why don't they take care of the Taxi Meter mobsters first' discussion going instead.

BTW, Donsak doesn't have an airport, but a little bit outside of Surat Thani there's one.

Yeah I meant flying from Surrat..........

I'm sure local samuians like anyone else have varied opinions on the matter, the ones I spoke to were not happy with fare increases..... I'm sure if you spoke to a local who owned stock in Bkk Air they would be thrilled.

Yes lets start the taxi mob thread again..........

I love letting off steam on that one.

it is such a ripoff.

round trip flights.

Air Asia - Suratthani -Bkk - Total Cost of Flight 2,886.86 THB

bangkok airways - Samui-Bkk - M fare Total THB 7,490

" " 2500 promotion fare 6:30 am Total THB 5,920

flying distance cant be that much further,

and they have the gall to charge 400B departure tax.

a monopoly in a free market economy is a businessman's wet dream.