3ix Woes

Somtamnication

I have been a customer of 3ix for many years.

So in November I renew some of the domains that are expiring. And I need to purchase additional hosting. Easy enough, you would think.

1. In November, I pay for 1 year domain renewal and hosting. Error: They renew it for 6 months. Emails go unanswered.

2. Late November. I open a support ticket and create invoices for additional hosting. Two days later the invoices disappear. Payment sent already. Errors: Invoices go away, multiple emails back and forth about proving payment and they are attached to what invoices, etc etc.

3. December. Already 1 week later. Still they are requesting proof of payment. I send jpg after jpg of the receipts, emails go back and forth. Always the same reply: to what invoice was it paid to? No invoice, it went into thin air.

4. Ok, one tech support email says, we create one for you. Please send proof of payment! I did, I said, 5 times already. Here it is again.

5. December 5. Another email is sent to them. Did you get my proof of payment? No answer. December 7th. I log on to live support, as requested by their local Phuket number/ answering machine.

6. 45 minutes on tech support. Going back and forth. I tell them that the domains have been renewed, you got payment, please ensure the renewal date is correct. ok, no problem, they say. Did you send payment? Yes... ok, let us check... a few minutes later, Ok, we have your payment. What domains are incorrect?

I tell them. They correct them. Is there anything else, they ask.... Yes, still waiting on the hosting. Can you send us proof of payment? What? I did, now 7 times!!!!!! All one big payment for hosting and domain renewals. Ok, let me check, they say. Ok, we will send you email with log on info.

10 minutes later. We are going to pass you to billing.... ok..

Billing, how can we help you? Repeat the same story. I need hosting, all domains have been renewed. Ok, can you send us proof of payment. I told them that I had done so now 7 times. If not, THE DOMAINS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RENEWED!!!!!

Ok, what domain was that, they asked. 10 minutes later, they created a new domain with .org. NO, I said, not a new domain, (get emails thanking me for choosing 3ix with incorrect .org)... Cancel that one. My domains are renewed already!!!!!! I need HOSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, please send us proof of payment and to what invoice.

After 45 minutes, I closed the window in disgust. I then send them my 8th. email with proof of payment. Guess what? I get an email.... TO WHAT INVOICE?

I gotta switch. I am going mad with these people. Anyone have similar issues with them and know of an alternative hosting site?

Thanks for letting me vent.

I went through pretty much the same runaround last month when I added a couple of new domains and upgraded my hosting plan. They had me pulling out what little hair I have left after several days of emails back and forth.

I've concluded that it's a case of getting what you pay for. The low price and ease of being able to pay via transfer to a local bank account are the reasons that I stick with 3iX. Plus, I hate to think of the frustrations that await if I try to move my domains to a different host.

• 4 weeks later...

3ix.org is run by a bunch of low lives. there have been dozens of threads discussing 3ix on this forum and others as well.

At least you guys got something out of them e.g a year or 2 of hosting. I paid for 6 months only to never hear from them again. Sent them a dozen of emails and all went unanswered. They got me good. But hey, guess what. the more people write about this criminal organization the better. They'll soon be forced to close shop. I must admit that I am a little taken aback, though, that after all these years. They're still around. But like I said, probably not for long........

3ix is domain reseller and they are selling their domain names too expesive from others. Why not use the Real Registrar for your domain registration such as Godaddy or Namecheap ?

dont talk about their hosting . Its really sucks lol

Many years ago their hosting was down for several days without letting their client knows what had happened

If you really wants a professional hosting for your business i suggest you go to the big names , or Get yourself a dedicated servers or VPS

Edited by tytus

If you want to deal with 3ix, never ever send them an email. They only answer support tickets lodged through their website. Their service went to hel_l about the same time as they adopted the ticket system too.

I did. Many tickets and still no answer. They did not answer a single one of my emails. It's a crimimnal organization run by crooks. Plain and simple.

The more people discuss 3ix the more expats living in Thailand are forewarned and the likelier this thread remains at the top in this forum and is read by many more expats. And yes, I am still angry. Angry at myself for having been conned by these low lives :o

To a moderator of Thaivisa. Can we please see this thread pinned as a sticky. Thanks!