Foodbyphone Food Delivery Type Of Service In Cm?

mobiryder

He11's Kitchen is slow. I think that he just gave up on this high season because of the Flower Festival making it difficult for farangs to get rooms here. He is just try to get by until next year.

IMHO, you are right about "peng". His biggest problem is that his competition's BBQ is just as good and you get more food for less money.

In factthere is alot of delivery service in chiangmai along ..

at the condo i used to stay near loi kroa ..

there is alway leftlet give phone number that you can order .. som tam . and basically most of the common food that a thai cookhouse can do .. about 25 baht and 30 baht .

Far and away the best Indian food restaurant I have found in Chiangmai, Le Spice, will deliver based on phone orders, within some range, the scope of which I do not know.

I have never heard of it.

I am always on the lookout for a decent indian. I have been dissapointed in my quest thus far in CM, although I have yet to find a good one in BK either !

Can you tell us where it is?

Cheers

TP

Far and away the best Indian food restaurant I have found in Chiangmai, Le Spice, will deliver based on phone orders, within some range, the scope of which I do not know.

I am always on the lookout for a decent indian. I have been dissapointed in my quest thus far in CM, although I have yet to find a good one in BK either !

Cheers

TP

There is no doubt a more straightforward way of describing the location, but I will have to be roundabout. Enter from Thapae Road the main street that runs through the night bazaar and turn left at the second street, just past the Chang Dao -- or is it Chiang Dao? -- coffee shop, and the restaurant is located on the right side perhaps 50 to 100 meters down the street. The phone number is 053-234-962 (and if I am breaking a forum rule by posting it, I apologize, but trust a moderator will remove it quickly).

Le Spice is not as good as the Indian restaurants I used to frequent in Japan, but it is, as I said, far and away better than any other I have found here. One small example of what makes it better: they make their own naan and serve it fresh and warm from the oven. I have been appalled to be served in other Indian restaurants in Chiangmai naan that was old and cold, and seemingly brought in from elsewhere. The tandoori chicken is fresh and good. If you like spicy, go for the chicken or fish vindaloo (I would recommend you pass on the mutton, even if it happens to be called lamb). The dal is very good.

Oh, and they have salty lassies -- and no sassy lasses either!

Please do give phone numbers.

A few I know of are :

Ganga Jamuna Indian 053 233771

Royal India 053 275738 , 09 6344009

Naples Pizzeria 053 235 377 , 086 730 8268

Kingdom (Enchiladas, lasagna, roast chicken, meatloaf) 053 270 542

Subway 053 818 970

Some may only deliver to certain areas.

Anyone know of Thai places ( average to good quality & English-speaking) ?

From the older thread, http://www.buonissimo.co.th/ looks very promising.

Also came across this listing :

MK Restaurants

DESCRIPTION: From the most authentic thai restaurant around. MK Restaurant is the leading Thai Restaurant Cuisine in Thailand. Dine in or Home Delivery.

ADDRESS: Phuket, Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Thailand

PHONE: 0 2745 6433 DELIVERY: 0 2248 5555

Have not tried but looks a little pricey.

Cheers

TP

There is no doubt a more straightforward way of describing the location, but I will have to be roundabout. Enter from Thapae Road the main street that runs through the night bazaar and turn left at the second street, just past the Chang Dao -- or is it Chiang Dao? -- coffee shop, and the restaurant is located on the right side perhaps 50 to 100 meters down the street. The phone number is 053-234-962 (and if I am breaking a forum rule by posting it, I apologize, but trust a moderator will remove it quickly).

Le Spice is not as good as the Indian restaurants I used to frequent in Japan, but it is, as I said, far and away better than any other I have found here. One small example of what makes it better: they make their own naan and serve it fresh and warm from the oven. I have been appalled to be served in other Indian restaurants in Chiangmai naan that was old and cold, and seemingly brought in from elsewhere. The tandoori chicken is fresh and good. If you like spicy, go for the chicken or fish vindaloo (I would recommend you pass on the mutton, even if it happens to be called lamb). The dal is very good.

Oh, and they have salty lassies -- and no sassy lasses either!

Thanks for going to all that trouble to give me directions and recomendations Rassarau ...it has got my taste buds motivated and its only 6.30am...I will seek it out sometime this week

He11's Kitchen is slow. I think that he just gave up on this high season because of the Flower Festival making it difficult for farangs to get rooms here. He is just try to get by until next year.

IMHO, you are right about "peng". His biggest problem is that his competition's BBQ is just as good and you get more food for less money.

I don't think that the Sompetch Gold Place is very popular - after Black Canyon closed, another place opened and closed in a month. All the businesses there seem to have problems.

Thanks for going to all that trouble to give me directions and recomendations Rassarau ...it has got my taste buds motivated and its only 6.30am...I will seek it out sometime this week

Not a problem. Hope you like it. And if after trying it you decide there are other places in Chiangmai you like better, then by all means please let me know! :o

There's a small but quite useful book called "Food Paradise; Chiang Mai Restaurants 2006-7" which we bought for 80 baht at a Citylife-organised charity event.

It includes a key (which I'd not really noticed before) indicating whether or not the restaurants will (or claim to) do home delivery.

Not sure where it would be available now but someone else may know.

Amongst other things, I learnt there's a Swiss and a Swedish restaurant in CM, as well as a place doing tom yum pizza :o .

There's a small but quite useful book called "Food Paradise; Chiang Mai Restaurants 2006-7" which we bought for 80 baht at a Citylife-organised charity event.

It includes a key (which I'd not really noticed before) indicating whether or not the restaurants will (or claim to) do home delivery.

Not sure where it would be available now but someone else may know.

Amongst other things, I learnt there's a Swiss and a Swedish restaurant in CM, as well as a place doing tom yum pizza :o .

In my experience, most any restaurant will deliver if offered some money... Minimum 100 baht for living near Rimping, on mae jo road, if the first word is 'no'.

[in my experience, most any restaurant will deliver if offered some money... Minimum 100 baht for living near Rimping, on mae jo road, if the first word is 'no'.

I am sure you are right, Ajarn, but for newcomers some info in English - with phone numbers - can be very helpful.

Cheers

TP

Le Spice is pretty good but for awesome Indian curry try Hinlay which is right next door to Flora Condo behind Riverside. (8/1 Nawakate)

The restaurant is in the garden of a beautiful house built originally, I think, by Louis Leonowens. It is owned by a wealthy but utterly charming Thai family who simply love Indian curry so they decided to open the restaurant as a hobby.

It is superb and I highly recommend it. :o

[in my experience, most any restaurant will deliver if offered some money... Minimum 100 baht for living near Rimping, on mae jo road, if the first word is 'no'.
I am sure you are right, Ajarn, but for newcomers some info in English - with phone numbers - can be very helpful.

Of course. Never suggested it wasn't. :o

Le Spice is pretty good but for awesome Indian curry try Hinlay which is right next door to Flora Condo behind Riverside. . . . . It is superb and I highly recommend it. :D

Many thanks for that recommendation, Mr. Bentley. I know the place you mean, from having ridden by it a number of times, but have never been inside. That oversight will soon be remedied! :o

I have tried MK delivery and the food was good. Not piping hot but 10 secs in microwave sorted that out.

Have also tried the Pizza Company and got E. coli as an extra special topping which cost me 3 days in bed and a trip to the doctor. Avoid like the plague! oh yeah, and the pizza itself was crap, the base was like a soggy water biscuit. :o

rych