90 Day Reporting

Previously, getting a one year extension of a non-imm visa has counted as reporting ones address, so the 90-day reporting had to be done 90 days after that. Not having heard otherwise I thought that was still the case, so I was a bit surprised today when I went to immigration to file a 90-day report only to be told that I had to pay a B2k fine for being late.

I pointed out the dates on my 1-year extension stamp and re-entry permit but was told that the only thing that counts is the last entry date or date of the last 90-day report filed. When did they change the rules so that getting extension to stay or re-entry permit no longer counts as a "90-day report"?

I tried to get this information out of two of the officers at the 90-day counter but they were rude and told me to go away rather than answer my simple question. (first time ever that I encountered a rude immigration officer at Suan Plu)

I renewed my yearly extension today in Samui and they changed my 90 day report date to 90 days from my renewal . I E 90 days from today.

The 90 day report slip in my passport states that the 90 day period starts from the day you renew your extension.

But this is Samui and they seem to make up there own rules.

The one and only time that a TM.7 extension of stay application counts as a 90 day report is the first time. After that only TM.6 arrival and TM.47 are 90 day reports. There has been no change.

The first time ever that it is filed? I'm not even going to ask what the logic behind that is... :o