Holidays For The Consulate At Savannakhet

Hi Guys

I just got back from Savannakhet today and their office is closed on Monday 16th to Wednesday 18th, they re-open on Thursday 19th of April according to the notice on their door.

You collect your visa from an office adjacent to the main building. In the past I believe it was done differently ( calling your ticket number ) but was told this was a recent change.

There is a guest house ( Nongsoda guest house ) about 5 minutes walk from the consulate, you head towards the river from the consul and turn right at the river road the Nongsoda is on the right. It is clean, comfortable, has hot water, cable TV ( not good a reception but viewable ) and aircon. It costs 300 bt per night.

If you turn left at the river road from the consul the Mekhong hotel is on the left about 10 minutes walk but I was told by the locals that the Nongsoda was cleaner.

I got my Laos visa at the border ( 1500bt + 1 photo ), the immigration officials charged me 40bt when they stamped my passport into Laos and on the return journey I was charged 20bt when getting stamped out and had to buy a ticket ( 10bt ) from another booth before I was allowed to pass into the Thai side and as always there have never been any charges by the Thais.

I hope this helps