Common Abbreviations Used On The Forum

cdnvic

LOL - Laugh Out Loud

555 - ha ha ha (see LOL)

TiT - This is Thailand - as in "yeah, it makes no sense to us but This is Thailand"

AFAIK - As Far As I Know

IMO - In My Opinion

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

<deleted> - Can be either "What The <deleted>**/Who The <deleted>**/Where The <deleted>**"

HM - His Majesty/Her Majesty - Title for The King or Queen

HRH - His or Her Royal Highness - Title for other members of The Royal Family

BiB - Boys in Brown - Royal Thai Police

TOT - Telecommunications Of Thailand (Phone company/Occasional Internet Provider)

TAT - Tourism Authority of Thailand

CAT - Communications Authority of Thailand (International telecom links)

BG - Bar Girl - Girl who works in a bar that doesn't serve drinks or wash dishes *hint hint*

TP - Tourist Police/Toilet Paper - Don't mix them up. Tourist police can't/won't help if diarrhoea strikes.

GF - Girlfriend

GTG - Good Thai Girl - Does not work in a bar except to serve drinks or do dishes.

That's all. May add more if I think of them.

LOL - Laugh Out Loud

555 - ha ha ha (see LOL)

TiT - This is Thailand - as in "yeah, it makes no sense to us but This is Thailand"

AFAIK - As Far As I Know

IMO - In My Opinion

<deleted> - Can be either "What The <deleted>**/Who The <deleted>**/Where The <deleted>**"

TOT - Telecommunications Of Thailand (Phone company/Occasional Internet Provider)

BG - Bar Girl - Girl who works in a bar that doesn't serve drinks or wash dishes *hint hint*

TP - Tourist Police/Toilet Paper - Don't mix them up. Tourist police can't/won't help if diarrhoea strikes.

GF - Girlfriend

GTG - Good Thai Girl - Does not work in a bar except to serve drinks or do dishes.

[And then theres the irish ! funny old language,. english

smee_init.bmp

LOL - Laugh Out Loud

555 - ha ha ha (see LOL)

AFAIK - As Far As I Know

IMO - In My Opinion

GF - Girlfriend

whats TROLL? seen it alot,no idea :o

Because nobody actually says it, or the full term in real conversation. I mean you can see "You can't buy those in Thailand AFAIK" and think "as far as I know"

But when you write "You can't buy those in LOS" it makes no sense because nobody says "You can't buy those in Land of Smiles" and it sounds even worse if you think of it phonetically.

A Troll is someone who posts something inciting or inflammatory in hopes of drawing a reaction and creating a big fuss. Often they post and do not reply, but just watch others go nuts.

thanks, had been trying to work out what the letters stood for, couldn't suss it but now I know,cheers you :o