Sunee Plaza In Pattaya

pathway

Hi

Heard that the Sunee Plaza area of Pattaya has a gay scene, but would like to know what gay bars/cluds/go-go are located in the area. Where is Sunee Plaza, how close to Pattayaland? Thanks

If you are anywhere in Thailand go to any gay bar and they all have gay magazines with maps of Pattaya including Sunee Plaza. They are free. :o

Sunnee Plaza is the area between Soi VC and Soi Yensabai as well as 2nd and 3rd Road on 5 minutes walking from Pattaya Land.

Sunne Plaza used to be (and some bars still are) a gay area where the younger 'gays' find employment.

There are restaurants (Thai as well as Western food), gogo-bars, show bars, beer bars and several different-class accomodation is available.

There is always a sort of competition between Sunnee and Pattaya; if you ask a boy at Pattaya Land they will say: "Boy Sunnee no good" a boy from Sunnee will talk about Pattaya Land boys the same way.

In general Pattayaland is a bit "higher class" and more expensive and at Sunnee you have to be very careful in taking off boys: always ask for an ID.

I'm here in Pattaya over 5 months now. I went out there 2 time with my bf and friends. Last time is 2 months ago at Boy Boy Boy. Not really interesting for me. :o idle44mins right about asking for ID. I'm not a night life person. So...rarely go out alone ( have my own bodyguard...LOL)

idle44mins summed it up very well. There are a couple of up-market bars, but most of Sunnee Plaza is down-market. It tends to attract older farang guys and younger Thai boys.

That being said, it's a great place to relax. Drinks are generally cheaper than Pattayaland.

Peter

• 1 month later...

At the moment, several bars are closed because of some police crackdowns over the last weeks.

K-Boys a gogo is closed, as well as Euroboys.

Sammy's is closed permanently and Don Plaza's Dance CLub never really opened.

Boy E-San is closed and Jimmy, Jimm, James a gogo will extend their venue into the former Boy E-San.

Apart from the 'old' bars, the new or upgraded bars offer a higher class entertainment. This week there will be a meeting, initiated by the Don Plaza people, about the safety on Sunnee Plaza. There seem to be a lot of young lads using glue and drugs and strawling around bothering possible clients.

Sunnee is a special place and yes, the visitors are older and the workers are younger. Don't try to change that, because it will only move the problem, it won't be solved.