Hotels That Allow Thai People For Stay-in

Dondi

This has become a problem

have no choice but to stop in Bangkok for transit and most hotels i email wont accept my Thai partner :o

im not a rich man and can really afford to spend over 1000 - 1500 baht per night , nothing spec ial is needed just as long as they accept Thai's

any suggestions on hotels??

Thanks guys

first time i was in Bangkok , i noticed alot of signs in hotels/guesthouses saying "Thai people not allowed in rooms" knowing of course of the reason "one i saw said they didnt accept middle eastern people" thought that was abit much

anyways most of these were cheap guesthouses and thought that it would be fine in big hotels , so i double checked on a bunch on websites (emailing them with the same question) so far ive got 2 replys say something along the lines of "most of our hotels do not allow Thai people for stay-in (overnight stays) but we'll look into it for you"

i though booking in a reasonable hotel they'll allow this (booking with both our names) but there still seems to be a problem

but i could be mistaken by all of this tho always best to double

have no choice but to stop in Bangkok for transit and most hotels i email wont accept my Thai partner :D

im not a rich man and can really afford to spend over 1000 - 1500 baht per night , nothing spec ial is needed just as long as they accept Thai's

Thanks guys

I realy cant get my head around this posting?

There is no problem what-so-ever with Thai Nationals using any hotels,

If you pre-book with both names you will not encounter a joiner fee,maybe this is what you are referring to? :o

I have travelled all over Thailand with my wife for the past 15 years, and never had a problem with a hotel of any description. Not even once. As long as you check in together. I admit, though, that we have never stayed at the rockbottom guesthouse-type places of the Khaosarn ilk.

is this a wind-up ,i have never heard of anything like this either , and i do stay in many cheap guesthouses around the country with my thai partner!!! perhaps the real reason is guesthouses dont want to hold a room for someone who may well not show up !!. why book anyway ??? just turn up ,and i will fall over if you are refused because you want to check in with thai partner . most hotels ,guesthouses would be out of business pretty quickly if they refused thais ,after all this is a country FULL OF THEM :o

http://www.res24.com/?p=hotels.thaivisa.com

i agree with the previous posts and would be suprised if you were denied a room .

He could email George Huski. George gets involved in the accommodation booking business and I am sure that he'd know of difficulties ( if any ) I certainly have never heard of any problems of this nature.

I have travelled all over Thailand with my wife for the past 15 years, and never had a problem with a hotel of any description.  Not even once.  As long as you check in together.  I admit, though, that we have never stayed at the rockbottom guesthouse-type places of the Khaosarn ilk.

I too have stayed in hotels all around Thailand and have never had a problem.

I have only ever made a booking in my name for a double room and when checking in with the lady (with you at the same time) it has never been a problem.

If you are booking a room at some it is better for the wife (Thai) to phone and make the booking to get the local rate.

The rate for Thais using the Amari Airport (for an example), is close to 50% less that if you make the booking yourself.

Dondi wrote.....

ill do as said above ..... pre book with both names , and check in together

im just as surprized as u guys , and kinda angry too ...... not all Thai girls are working girls

Funny you should say that i.e. "not all Thai girls are working girls" as it's surprising just how many hotels in the realm that think, that they are (working girls)

I stayed with my wife in a 4 - 4.5 star hotel in Phuket a few years back and when returning to the hotel around 01.00 from eating out, the front office person on duty gave the missus the 3rd degree about her occupation (she han never been a working girl per se) I demanded that the duty manager be brought out and asked him just exactly what the go was. He was rather embarrassed and apologised.

He was not as embarressed as the hotel manager was the following morning when I made it into a serious event.

I told him a repeat would result in his (not the front office person) inability to manage the hotel in a professional manner being reported direct to the senior manager of the chain (it was a world wide chain)

So whilst many farang might have varying thoughts (who is/is not a working girl) there are many Thais who think that if a girl is with a farang then she must be a hooker.

That might be a worthwhile topic for a new thread in itself.

If you are booking a room at some it is better for the wife (Thai) to phone and make the booking to get the local rate.

For the most part you are correct but I have had a couple hotels in Bkk not wanting to reserve a room for my wife because she used her Thai name.Once I told them I would use my name then they would reserve the room for her. They specifically told me that she would not get the internet discount unless she had a farang passport to check in with. There explanation " hotel policy" needless to say she found a different hotel. I would not recommend the Tai Pan in BKK to anyone just because of this stupid policy. I have never stayed there so I don't know what the quality of the hotel is. There are too many hotels in BKK to put up with crap like this. Somebody else will be glad to except my wife's money.

I have similiar problems with hotels in Thailand. If my GF checks in, they always want a deposit (just in case she destroys the room and does a runner). We stayed at a Korat hotel for 3 nights before and checked out but due to poor planning we had to spend 1 more night in Korat. Had my GF go check in (remember she had been with me at this hotel for 3 days already) without me because I was looking for a parking spot, when I got to the front dress was told by my GF she couldn't check in because she didnt have the cash for the room deposit. I just went CRAZY!!! Yelled at every person at the front desk (oh..yes I am Thai). They apologized saying that they didnt know she was with me. I ask them if there Mothers, Daughters or Sisters were to check into the hotel would they have to pay a deposit just because they might be bargirls. My GF is not a bargirl, even if she was it's non of their business. I did spend the night there but didn't order anything from the hotel restaurant for fear of them putting shit in my food .555555555.

I dont think those peope expected to be cursed at like that. I told them no will always be stupid and poor because they look down at their own race. I hope someday..the Thais will open their eyes and see that being rich does not mean being good.

Finish ranting for now...

I have similiar problems with hotels in Thailand. If my GF checks in, they always want a deposit (just in case she destroys the room and does a runner). We stayed at a Korat hotel for 3 nights before and checked out but due to poor planning we had to spend 1 more night in Korat. Had my GF go check in (remember she had been with me at this hotel for 3 days already) without me because I was looking for a parking spot, when I got to the front dress was told by my GF she couldn't check in because she didnt have the cash for the room deposit. I just went CRAZY!!! Yelled at every person at the front desk (oh..yes I am Thai). They apologized saying that they didnt know she was with me. I ask them if there Mothers, Daughters or Sisters were to check into the hotel would they have to pay a deposit just because they might be bargirls. My GF is not a bargirl, even if she was it's non of their business. I did spend the night there but didn't order anything from the hotel restaurant for fear of them putting shit in my food .555555555.

I dont think those peope expected to be cursed at like that. I told them no will always be stupid and poor because they look down at their own race. I hope someday..the Thais will open their eyes and see that being rich does not mean being good.

Finish ranting for now...

You will be a future role model for your country.

By people like you sticking it up them big time they might in time change their business practices.

Anyone accepting anything that is less than fair and reasonable deserves everything they get (or perhaps don't get as the case might be)

:o

I know alot of the hotels/guesthouses in & around Khao San road have a no thai policy & for that reason me & my husband never stay there anymore. A lot of people slag the area off but we enjoyed it in the past cause it was convient to stay with all the restaurants/shops etc in such a short vicinity. I've never actually heard of this problem outside of Khao San though & we now usually stay near victory monument in a thai hotel (lots of business people & thai families), which for around 500b per night you get a fantastic room with tv (thai channels) hotwater bathroom with bath (luxury having a proper soak in the tub), aircon & room service with lots of great thai food on the menu that you can eat in bed. The only down side is it has 1 hr rooms in the car park for the obvious but most people who stay there don't care cause it's such good value for money & it's a fact of life anyway that quickies in exchange for money happen. :o

I agree that if more thai people stood up for their own rights these situations of predjudice wouldn't happen but the government needs to lay down a few laws too, cause while it's still allowed to happen some guesthouses/bars will still enforce it.

I know alot of the hotels/guesthouses in & around Khao San road have a no thai policy & for that reason me & my husband never stay there anymore.

I heard about it also.

Khao San road is not Thai friendly as far as accomodation is concerned.

But this is not the reason why I never stayed there,...

have no choice but to stop in Bangkok for transit and most hotels i email wont accept my Thai partner :o

Thanks guys

Dondi

The best hotel I've stayed in Bangkok for under 1000 is this one

http://www.felixhotels.com/sathornvilla/

http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/bangkok/sathornvilla/

The location is great IMO about a 2 min walk to Sky Train

I have stayed in a fair number of guesthouses and hotels with my Thai girlfriend, who later became my wife. I almost always let her handle booking the accomodations and we have never had any trouble.

Is it possible that the hotels were trying to let you know that they did not want you to bring short-time girls in? Even Thai's who work in Hotels often do not express themselves clearly when speaking English. I often have to ask something two or three times in different ways before I get a clear answer. This "no Thai" policy sounds very unlikely, I think it's more likely to be a bad English issue.

If you do find a hotel with this policy, I wouldn't use it! This is Thailand, there will be another hotel or guesthouse on the next street that will be just a good or better.

thanks heaps guys

i had the KSR problem last time we had to find a room for the night (traditional Thai parents so i dont wanna be staying there at this time yet,pefer to stay on the good side) and was told that we couldnt stay coz my partner is Thai , fair enough

but my problem is ill be arriving in peak season and my partner will be working the time i arrive so she can't check in with me (she's a teacher if u are thinking otherwise) so i gotta pre book (so my stress level stays down) and it'll be on Christmas day so i would wanna stay with my partner :o

but from reading your replys im sure everything will be fine

Thanks again people

You will be a future role model for your country.

By people like you sticking it up them big time they might in time change their business practices.

Anyone accepting anything that is less than fair and reasonable deserves everything they get (or perhaps don't get as the case might be)

:o

yea they might start hanging up a "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" sign like you'll see in random US shops. just so they don't have to deal with people they choose not to, for what ever reason. :D

i wish i could afford the marriot or something fancy like that

im sure u could walk in and out all night with different ladies and they wont say anything , i worked at the ACCOR hotel chain (novotel/marriot etc etc) and saw this alot (not in Thailand)

oh well ..... money talks i guess :o

i wish i could afford the marriot or something fancy like that

im sure u could walk in and out all night with different ladies and they wont say anything , i worked at the ACCOR hotel chain (novotel/marriot etc etc) and saw this alot (not in Thailand)

oh well ..... money talks i guess :o

Er Dondi - Marriott is not part of Accor I am afraid. Accor (French public company)own and operate Sofitels, Novotels, Ibis, mercure hotels as the primary hotel brands. Marriott is a direct competitor of Accor but there is no common ownership.

Go to the Nana 3 Star Hotel.

1100bht a night and they don't give a toss if your Thai GF is a 'Working girl' or not!

Breakfast is included too.....

ive got my partner booking an apartment for 500baht (if i did it , it would have costs me 2400bt) so it's all good

i would try the sleazy parts but she wont come and see me then :D as its not the best place for her to go (u know how it is with reputation and these girls :o )

but i wonder why know one else has had this problem , i havint been denied in person just a few replys by email i got when asking if i book with a thai girl would it be ok .... the replys were

"we do not accept any Thai people male or female in our hotels" but its all good :D

Yeah they accept thai's what would they do if no more farang's came to the country perish the thought :D I went to a motel last ime i was in thailand and i had my wife with me she is thai i think she is thai i hope she is thai i might have to check again. :o:D that's the fun part checking again and again and again sorry :D

:o Agree with the above, although the recommendation to Nana makes me wonder why not try KT's or KD's guesthouse in Ding Daeng not far from the airport, they accept advance bookings and I thihnk the rate is about B600 a double.

There is no roaring disco or bars nearby so that rules out many but I found it to be clean and very well run :D

Enjoy your stay wherever you end up! :D