Hotels That Allow Thai People For Stay-in

Dondi

Dondi, don't suppose you could let us know who turned you down? Wouldn't want to use those hotels. I have never checked in with a lady and have never had a problem with a Thai lady who came for a visit. If they're with me when I'm going to my room we just walk in. If they stop by alone the front desk calls me and asks if it's ok for them to come up. Never any kind of problem using several hotels.

Hope you have better luck.

John B Good,

I had a similar problem in Phuket. We stayed in Kata Beach in a 3 to 4 star hotel. I checked in with my GF, my Father and his friend from Ireland. All OK.

THe first night we came back around 1am and the girl at the reception desk refused to give us the key and started asking loads of loaded questions about my GF. My Father was there with us too! I can speak Thai so I could understand what she was saying and I didnt like it at all.

After, a few choice words of mine we got the key. The next day I complained to th Hotel Manager as my GF was really upset.....

THen the next night it happened AGAIN with another girl at reception. I couldnt believe it! This time there were other people in reception also and both me and my Father lost the rag! My GF went to the room and then my Father and I went back down to reception to find all the Management and Staff laughing and joking about the whole scene. I listened for a while cause they hadnt seen us yet and I was gobsmacked. Rude beyond belief. If I was a bit taller and bigger I would have beaten the <deleted> out of the Manager!

This is not the first time I have had these kind of problems in Thailand - and Im sure it wont be the last. With these experiences you really need a thick skin... and thats what I have now...... its amazing the passing renarks that Thais give thinkgin you cant understand what they are saying....!

Ah well, TIT!

I had a similar problem in Phuket. We stayed in Kata Beach in a 3 to 4 star hotel.

List and shame the hotel.

We can keep a list of such hotels on the Forum.

They do not deserve our custom.

I had a similar problem in Phuket.  We stayed in Kata Beach in a 3 to 4 star hotel.

List and shame the hotel.

We can keep a list of such hotels on the Forum.

They do not deserve our custom.

Unless there is some sort of proof or an independent investigation of personal allegations made against a hotel, I'd be against 'shaming' them in the form of maintaining a list on Thaivisa.com of alleged 'racist' hotels.

The only time I ever followed up on such a recent allegation, the end result was enough circumstantial evidence to show that the original complaint was not likely factually true...

Agreed that it's an important issue and maybe difficult to get to the truth, but it's important to the hotel, too. Complaints about racism, and the like, can actually hurt their business, since this forum is widely distributed and widely read. And even Thailand has laws regarding Libel, and people do go to jail.

My husband's family owns a small resort, the only times things have gone missing out of rooms were when guys brought home bargirls they had met that night. That said, there have been stories of farang robbing rooms as well. So it is not particular to the Thai bargirl. Nevertheless, his family never refuses service to Thai people, but have made it clear that if the guy has not checked in with the girl then she is not welcome to let herself into the room without being accompanied by the guy. Seems fair enough to me as these rules also apply to farang guests. The general opinion seems to be that if something happens it is his responsibility and his problem.

And to be perfectly honest, the biggest problem so far has been with two drunken english girls who got into a cat fight and trashed their room. So, the family generally thinks that any guest is a potential problem, Thai or Farang.

My husband's family owns a small resort, the only times things have gone missing out of rooms were when guys brought home bargirls they had met that night. That said, there have been stories of farang robbing rooms as well. So it is not particular to the Thai bargirl. Nevertheless, his family never refuses service to Thai people, but have made it clear that if the guy has not checked in with the girl then she is not welcome to let herself into the room without being accompanied by the guy. Seems fair enough to me as these rules also apply to farang guests. The general opinion seems to be that if something happens it is his responsibility and his problem.

And to be perfectly honest, the biggest problem so far has been with two drunken english girls who got into a cat fight and trashed their room. So, the family generally thinks that any guest is a potential problem, Thai or Farang.

Thanks for the Reality Check. I suspect many 'attitude' complaints stem from situations with unregistered guests, as you described. And it's also possible that some dodgy-looking guests might be questioned at times. I would expect any hotel to take great care with security, including questioning anyone who looks suspicious, but that has to be based on something other than race...

And any hotel that truly treats any guest like shit should be chastised.

Well, I would like to post the name of the hotel but I dont want to get people in trouble on thaivisa.

I wrote many emails to them which I have still saved and just read them again now and it still gets me going!

This is the place:

Serene Resort (formerly known as Seawind Resort).

Admins - you can edit this if you feel fit.

How routine is the practice of keeping room keys at the front desk - making the guests ask for them each time they go in and out?

I don't want to stay at such a place, and did not my last trip into BKK. That particular hotel had a electronic passcard system.

I'm considering staying at the Chaophya Park Hotel on an upcoming trip, but if they have this system of key control then I'd pick another place. Anyone happen to know?

I also had the experience of hotel staff making comments about the guests, in both Thai and English. For my part, they're just hotel staff. What do you expect? Not educated, not paid well, not from good families, and uniquely frustrated by farang tourists. :o Naturally, I'll be trying other places.

:D

kenk3z

If you want the banglampoo area stay away from khao Sarn, there are many alternatives. Try the Sawatdee, near the national library in Thewet, clean rooms, friendly people. This place relies mainly on return customers, and many come back year aftyer year. 15-20min. walk from Khao Sarn and a great location form many of the tourist sights in the area.

Also some of the best Isaan food in BKK just around the corner at the temple gates, if you don't want to stay here I would recomend a visit to the area just to eat.

The manageress doesn't allow girls to stay who didn't arrive with you (unless your one of the regulars) but doesn't hve a problem with G/F's.

I've stayed there many times before I moved here perminantly and always had a pleasant and enjoytable stay.

Im not the type to shame a hotel or any business of that matter online or in public , but i dont recommend them when asked by others for a nice place to stay.

out of the hundreds and hundreds of hotels in Bangkok alone theres always a few bad apples but i got a nice place, cant remember the name off the top of my head but the reply i got from the lady was very polite in saying that there is no problem with having my Thai gf with me :D

im still surprized that more people dont have this problem , i guess the guesthouses hardly ever allow BG's in but bigger hotels seem to be more acceptable.

:D i really hate the way these poor girls get looked upon , sometimes i can see it in my gf's eyes that she is upset or alil ashamed at the comments / looks or whatever from others, she never knew much about the sex scene and BG thing in Thailand untill we talked about it and then i explain the reputation these girls have outside of Thailand and it really made her upset.

I treat her like a angel coz she is and doesnt deserve this treatment from others.

i know alot of people feel the same

DOWN WITH GO-GO BARS AND WORKING GIRLS

:o

ive got my partner booking an apartment for 500baht (if i did it , it would have costs me 2400bt) so it's all good

i would try the sleazy parts but she wont come and see me then :D as its not the best place for her to go (u know how it is with reputation and these girls :o )

but i wonder why know one else has had this problem , i havint been denied in person just a few replys by email i got when asking if i book with a thai girl would it be ok .... the replys were

"we do not accept any Thai people male or female in our hotels" but its all good :D

Can u tell me the name of the 2400 bht hotel u got for 500 bht please