Suvarnabhumi To Don Muang

From what I can glean reading earlier posts:

the easiest way to find a taxi at bkk is on the 4th level at arrivals

the fare to don muang should be about 300 bt

What would be the "no traffic" time between bkk & dmk?

or can the taxis go around bangkok traffic?

I have about a 6 hour connection time very early in the AM coming this Thursday, so no sweat this time, but in general it seems a pain traveling to khon kaen.

Can anyone verify the 4th floor thing and approx cost of a taxi?

also, has anyone found an easier way from BKK to KKC?

thanx tg

I’ve always used the taxi ranks on ground level so can’t offer experience on catching 4th floor taxis. I’ve found it just as easy to catch a taxi at the ground floor ranks with no waiting and don’t mind paying the 50b airport surcharge.

I made the BKK to DMK trip by taxi using the toll way at 2300 midweek a couple of weeks ago. The journey took 70 minutes and cost just over 300B including the 2 tolls which worked out at 65B. The travel time would have been less but areas near DMK were flooded after a heavy rain storm.

A couple of days later I took a taxi at 0900 Sunday from DMK to BKK. The driver didn’t use the tollway and the weather was fine. The journey took 50 minutes and cost 260B including the airport surcharge.

An additional note for DMK. A month ago the wife had to wait over an hour to catch a taxi from DMK at 0930 mid week. There had been plenty of flight arrivals with just a few taxis trickling in to pick up fares. I’ve been through there twice since then without problems. It may have been a bad day.