Decent Hotel Near British Embassy.......

smartecosse

need to go to the embassy next week to sort out passport etc for the new baby

can anyone recomend a decent hotel thats reasonably close to the Embassy?

3000 to 6000 baht a night range ??

How about the federal on Soi 11 (Sukhumvit), only 1000 baht, but really decent, and not far from Wittayu. Good rooms, safe parking and a good coffee shop/restaurant. Or the Ambassador which is on the same Soi, but more in the price range you mentioned. On Soi Nana you have the Nana Hotel or just down the soi a bit there's the Dynasty (or as popular folk lorists call it, the dysentery, though I'm sure this is ill founded!)

for that price range mentioned other than the holiday mansion which is almost across the road...theres also the more upscale Nai Lert Park which is just a little bit of a walk further down the road.

other hotels on the other end of wireless like Plaza Athenee or the Conrad would also be within your range...but why spend more money to be further away? (not very far, but you would need a taxi ride.....10ominutes or less perhaps)

location wise: closest is Holiday Mansion, then Nai Lert Park. (the latter is a 5 star quality hotel)

:o

Holiday Mansion is in the process of being demolished

?????? why? what happen? you sure ?

I went there last week for first time and my thai driver told me about the hotel over loking the embassy was good can park car etc, when we arrived he was scrating his head kept on saying sure was hotel sure, so theyve dropped it!

i stayed nana hotel like an earlierb post mentioned was nice clean a 10 min walk in a safe area not a lot of dosh about 1,500 but didnt need anymore!

my first time in that area but lots of expats and bars etc!

Dont forget british embassy First up Best Dressed!

think its 8.00am open but soon gets very busy!

best of British

Dont forget passport photos mate!

Holiday Mansion is in the process of being demolished

?????? why? what happen? you sure ?

Live right right the corner on Soi Nai-Lert so yes the Hotel is now gone (along with that long abandoned building next to Swiss Embassy)

Not sure what they are doing with it but would not be suprised if Central group is involved

need to go to the embassy next week to sort out passport etc for the new baby

can anyone recomend a decent hotel thats reasonably close to the Embassy?

3000 to 6000 baht a night range ??

Also have Centre Point, Wireless Road These are serviced apartments not too many hotel facilities but great rooms. Just short hop to the Embassy.

• 2 weeks later...