Non-immigrant Visa

What actually are the criteria to get a non-imm visa?

A sample application-form in the Thai Visa main-site suggests a non-imm for tourists. Don't think this will work.

2 years ago, my son applied for a visa to come to LoS. Went to a honorary consulate (Karlsruhe/Germany). They asked him, what he needed, so he said non-imm. Got an -O-!!

Last year he stayed here on visa exemption, this year I told him to get a non-imm. in order to fix his expired Thai driving licence.

Gave him a letter that my company will employ him to take over the company one day. Non-imm B was refused as he still is in university and has no diploma, yet.

So, changed the letter following the advice of the consulate, (Frankfurt) hire him as practical trainee, all costs paid, but no salary. Accepted and got an Ed.

I just love it.

Each consulate seems to be a law unto itself.......having looked at different consulate sites around the globe, they all interpret the regulations and requirements as they see fit......within reason. So what might be acceptable at one Consulate isnt at another. :o

What actually are the criteria to get a non-imm visa?

A sample application-form in the Thai Visa main-site suggests a non-imm for tourists. Don't think this will work.

2 years ago, my son applied for a visa to come to LoS. Went to a honorary consulate (Karlsruhe/Germany). They asked him, what he needed, so he said non-imm. Got an -O-!!

Last year he stayed here on visa exemption, this year I told him to get a non-imm. in order to fix his expired Thai driving licence.

Gave him a letter that my company will employ him to take over the company one day. Non-imm B was refused as he still is in university and has no diploma, yet.

So, changed the letter following the advice of the consulate, (Frankfurt) hire him as practical trainee, all costs paid, but no salary. Accepted and got an Ed.

I just love it.

No rhyme or reason. An ED is specifically for a formal course in a formal institution. We won't tell anyone Axel.