Woman Leg Found At The Mall Bang Kapi Pier

george

Leg believed to belong to woman found at The Mall Bang Kapi pier

BANG KAPI: -- A leg believed to belong to a teenage woman was found floating on Saen Saeb Canal and retrieved at the pier behind The Mall Bang Kapi Friday afternoon, police said.

Police the leg was spotted floating under the bridge over the canal at the Lam Salee Intersection until it floated to the pier and was retrieved.

Pol Lt Col Booncherd Srikong, an investigator of the Hua Mark police station, said the leg was believed to belong to a woman about 20 years old.

He said the leg might have been cut off two or two days ago and police were searching for the owner of the leg.

-- The Nation 2008-05-10

BANG KAPI: -- A leg believed to belong to a teenage woman was found floating on Saen Saeb Canal and retrieved at the pier behind The Mall Bang Kapi Friday afternoon, police said.

Police the leg was spotted floating under the bridge over the canal at the Lam Salee Intersection until it floated to the pier and was retrieved.

Pol Lt Col Booncherd Srikong, an investigator of the Hua Mark police station, said the leg was believed to belong to a woman about 20 years old.

He said the leg might have been cut off two or two days ago and police were searching for the owner of the leg.

-- The Nation 2008-05-10

Huh? What a story.

-- The Nation 2008-05-10

Sometimes the english text used in these articles merits a stunned :o It's written like a black comedy script.

Seriously now, "police were searching for the owner of the leg" suggests that they are looking for a one legged young lady hopping about, unless the genius detectives

are considering a collector of body parts who was unaware that the leg he/she was transporting fell off the back of his/her motorcycle.

Perhaps it would have been better to simply state that the police would search the canal for the rest of the body in hopes of determining her identity and the cause of the limb loss. Women do not shed legs, nor do legs pop up in canals unless a sicko (or sickos) has butchered some poor soul and tossed the body. Someone's daugher is most likely murdered and the best the paper can do is give it the 3 stooges treatment. :D

-- The Nation 2008-05-10

Sometimes the english text used in these articles merits a stunned :o It's written like a black comedy script.

Seriously now, "police were searching for the owner of the leg" suggests that they are looking for a one legged young lady hopping about, unless the genius detectives

are considering a collector of body parts who was unaware that the leg he/she was transporting fell off the back of his/her motorcycle.

Perhaps it would have been better to simply state that the police would search the canal for the rest of the body in hopes of determining her identity and the cause of the limb loss. Women do not shed legs, nor do legs pop up in canals unless a sicko (or sickos) has butchered some poor soul and tossed the body. Someone's daugher is most likely murdered and the best the paper can do is give it the 3 stooges treatment. :D

Hey TiT and ya get what you ask for - 3 Stooges or otherwise. We are in a country where murders are solved in a matter of minutes - this is a mere floating leg. Surely they will find its owner about somewhere, or they will come in and claim it.

The reality is that there is certainly something horrific behind the story; however I bet that there will be little more than a Nyuk Nyuk from Pol Gen Somsakwhatever (aka another Stooge) on the case.

I am curious.

How did they know it is a woman's leg???

High heel, stocking and a suspender? Or are you suggesting that maybe it was a katoey's appendage or perhaps Sgt Nop would not know the difference between a masculine and feminine leg when he saw one? Mind you, if it came out of a canal, it's bound to have been in advanced state of decay after 2 days and one dreads to think the state of the Thing from the Black Lagoon. :D

Of more mystery to me was the fact that it belonged to a 20 yr old, when it had previously been identified as a teenage woman's leg a few sentences before. Now that's the kind of journalistic agreement of facts we know, love and have some to accept as "tamada", never mind the Keystone Cops image of running around town looking for the owner of the leg. :o

-- The Nation 2008-05-10

Poor reporting from the Nation (It's getting worse), and usual keystone act from the BIB.

Probably a very sad and tragic story, which deserves better reporting than this.

-- The Nation 2008-05-10

For a minute, I thought the BIB had wanted to wait for the owner to turn up to claim her leg. I guessed we have to read news like this with an open mind. Definitely a murder here.

I am curious.

are you for real, serious???

I believe they are serious and I, for one, see nothing really wrong with the question...... I don't believe it ever stated how much of the leg was found or its over all condition. Bloated, decomposed, or whatever. Many a Thai males legs are not necessarily all that 'masculine' and some Thai womens are not exactly so 'feminine.' So any and all combinations of the above would certainly add as much as some mental midget police officer saying they were looking for the person who lost their leg.

But you are entitled to your opinion - you may have even solved the mystery yourself!!! :o

i may be going out on a limb here but i wouldnt be surprised if she was called eileen

Don't think so....

post-13995-1210424584_thumb.jpg "...................there is a character called Cherry Darling who is a stripper with one leg. She gets a gun attatched and shoots people and blows things up while she pulls off her dance moves."

from a movie blog :o

LaoPo

came out of the mall car park yesterday afternoon and wondered what all the police, t.v cameras etc were all looking at until saw the front page of the paper today. You can see a picture of the leg on the Thaii Rath website, not for the squeamish. The article states that the leg had been in water for approx 2 days and was from a woman approx 20-25 and about 150 cms tall.

I am curious.

Legit question. It's much easier if one has the pelvis or cranium to work with. However, long bones do give clues. The tibia is shaped differently in a female than a male. Thigh bones are different as well. Bone structure exam allows an ME to determine an age range. If the leg was only around for a few days, decomposition would not have been that bad and the skin would have been intact. Usually after a body is submersed for some time the skin sloughs off when you try to remove the body. There probably were sufficient visual clues such as dimensions, jewellery, fatty tissue deposits and yes, the infamous toenail care.

Personally, I find it hard to sex body parts and just can't do it well. I am amazed by the folks that can pick up a bone and give a reliable estimate of the sex When you do this for awhile, I guess you know all the clues and have enough experience to say its a boy or girl part with just a cursory look.

What I'd like to know now is if we have some sicko walking around chopping up women or whether this is an isolated muder case. You'd think this case would merit more importance than this.

obviously, a young girl has been murdered. what a tragedy.

and all that some users (some of them even long-time-members) can do here is posting sick perverted comments or pictures.

that makes me phuke !!!

Edited by THAILIBAN

I am curious.

What I'd like to know now is if we have some sicko walking around chopping up women or whether this is an isolated muder case. You'd think this case would merit more importance than this.

I'd agree because it sounds pretty sick, but I think we need to get a bit of more info about this case before we go into th SK cat.

i may be going out on a limb here but i wouldnt be surprised if she was called eileen

Don't think so....

post-13995-1210424584_thumb.jpg "...................there is a character called Cherry Darling who is a stripper with one leg. She gets a gun attatched and shoots people and blows things up while she pulls off her dance moves."

from a movie blog :o

LaoPo

Well forum rules prevent us from going into details about the on-screen shenanigans of Long Jeanne Silver, who would likely make Ms. Cherry blush.

post-9366-1210454688_thumb.jpg

I love Thailand,and all I can say is the lowest form of common denominator of white farang trash always prevails in these posts.These self serving "a holes" have nothing better to do than get drunk..slag their old country,and slag their new one.I am often ashamed to be a farang in Thailand.I have been to Lotus and said hello,how are you? to many farang.Too many respond with something like.."okay,but its so busy here"..or "the line up at the bank machine is frickin' awful" or other such whining and snivelling.No wonder some Thai people look down on us.However,you can only change yourself,not others.I fear that when these negative types finally hit the death bed,they will be full of regrets in their small unfulfilled lives..that is a tragedy.Wake up!Its half full,not half empty.Change yourself!Stop acting like losers,because I am sure you have good parts of your personality to display too,so God Bless You!

I love Thailand,and all I can say is the lowest form of common denominator of white farang trash always prevails in these posts.These self serving "a holes" have nothing better to do than get drunk..slag their old country,and slag their new one.I am often ashamed to be a farang in Thailand.I have been to Lotus and said hello,how are you? to many farang.Too many respond with something like.."okay,but its so busy here"..or "the line up at the bank machine is frickin' awful" or other such whining and snivelling.No wonder some Thai people look down on us.However,you can only change yourself,not others.I fear that when these negative types finally hit the death bed,they will be full of regrets in their small unfulfilled lives..that is a tragedy.Wake up!Its half full,not half empty.Change yourself!Stop acting like losers,because I am sure you have good parts of your personality to display too,so God Bless You!

But the lines are awful and slanging countrys is fun and i love boozz. Budda bless you!!!

The victim is definitely dead.

Got a feelin' there's a jealous boyfriend or husband behind this or maybe a gang - prostitution? The body was cut-up and dumped in various locales.

You can bet your bottom dollar the BIB have a pretty good idea as to what happened.