The All New Thread For Thai File Share

Abandon

Since international lines for P2P such as Kazaa and Bit Torrent are slow a few of us have set up a Direct Connect hub specifically for people in Thailand. File transfers go at full speed at advertised TRUE rates since it is local traffic. Files are whatever people share - mostly latest hollywood stuff. Direct Connect is one of the main P2P file sharing platforms. Anyone interested needs to DL the DC++ software (free) at:

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/index.php?t=2&s=1

Then put your current IP into FILE/SETTINGS ACTIVE (must do this each time your IP changes)

FILE/SETTINGS Upload slots = 2

click VIEW/FAVOURITE HUBS - and then NEW. Enter expathub.dyndns.tv into the IP box. OK. click CONNECT at the bottom. Be careful not to copy a space at the start or end of the expathub.dydns.tv address

Users in Thailand/S.pore/Malaysia only. No name or pass required currently - leave them blank.

This experiment could be good if people are interested.

Those who have been already, try and stay connected so that there are always users present - so that we can build a fair sized community.

Make sure you have configured your firewall correctly. See http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc

if you need more help with this. Modem users will only need to give permission for DC++ to act as a server. Routers need to be configured correctly.

Cheers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also known as "The Hub Hub of Thailand", the expathub is a groovy, growing community of dysfunctional expat and Thai individuals sharing, apart from files, some of the same pathetically juvenile and dry humour and too much time in front of the computer.

If you think you qualify, hub on in and have a drink. It's on pandit.

Been trying to connect today and yesterday after coming back off my hols but ni luck so far.tried both addresses?? whats the current i.p or is the server down?

Also Pandit next time please put a link at the bottom of the old thread to where the new thread is(not sure why we need new threads all the time) as it took me some time to find this thread.

yep - I never thought about putting a link after the old thread.

The only reason for the new thread is that information was changing a lot as you read through all the posts - e.g. Happy moving over to the expathub.dyndns.tv link instead of the cjb one. The info in the first post here is enough to get ppl connected.

its working now at 10pm, - do you have 2 GB in your share folder? Make sure you have not entered a name or pass in the hub settings too. (name in FILE/SETTINGS is ok)

I ahve found it connecting all day. Sometimes there is a short down time as the hub hoster redials connection and updates the dydns.

Anyway - glad you are coming in Insight - we have seen you post here quite a bit

My latest addition -

The My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance Series - brought to the hub by ZuperMule in several of his flying visits. Reality show that makes you wince, cry and have a guilty laugh. What they do to that poor, nice woman is just nasty not funny. But you have to watch it all the same. 6 episodes in the series - several users have them all now.

Any TT&T Hi-Net users using this? 

Oh, and how do you find your IP address again?

Ipconfig will not run for me for some weird reason.

Various people are using different Internet systems. Actually it makes little difference which company you are using.

When you log into the hub the welcome message will display your IP for you - just copy it and paste in to the FILE/SETTINGS/ACTIVE slot. You do not need to know your IP before logging in.

One note: When copying the Dydns address make sure you do not accidentlay copy a space at the beginning or end as this seems to screw it up. The hub does occasionally go down, so if you get the 'connection refused by target machine" try again a little later. It is down only rarely and never for long. (this is because we rotate the hub hosting duties) Once in the hub there is usually someone around who can take you though how to use it and any little problems you may be having (with the hub, not personal problems) (though we are interested in those too)

Welcome to join.

Any TT&T Hi-Net users using this? 

Oh, and how do you find your IP address again?

Ipconfig will not run for me for some weird reason.

Various people are using different Internet systems. Actually it makes little difference which company you are using.

When you log into the hub the welcome message will display your IP for you - just copy it and paste in to the FILE/SETTINGS/ACTIVE slot. You do not need to know your IP before logging in.

One note: When copying the Dydns address make sure you do not accidentlay copy a space at the beginning or end as this seems to screw it up. The hub does occasionally go down, so if you get the 'connection refused by target machine" try again a little later. It is down only rarely and never for long. (this is because we rotate the hub hosting duties) Once in the hub there is usually someone around who can take you though how to use it and any little problems you may be having (with the hub, not personal problems) (though we are interested in those too)

Welcome to join.

Cheers....I'll give it a whirl.

Connection time out. Can't connect.

Edited by igotworms

TRUE was down last night and there was no internet

Seems to be up and running now just fine

Wonderful TRUE, we love you. I'm not sure what time it went off line as I went for a nap at 9pm, and woke up at 4am and could not reconnect or get through to those lovely true operators on the phone.

Otherwise - if anyone has a problem logging in remove name and password completely - there is currently no registration required. Also all unregistered guests have the same privelages as registered users - so the reg should not be much use anyway.

Sorry for the down time then - its out of our hands and depenant on the loving embrace of true... Must say that I have had almost no problems at all with the true service, and other providers I have used go off line in the early hours at times

Same problem with me. True's servers were shut down at 3 in the morning (the 13th). It looks like they're experimenting with raising and lowering the amount of international bandwidth as it's needed. If you check their site http://webcorp.asianet.co.th/eh/linkinter/linkstatus.php

the total bandwidth will vary from 1362 to over 3000 Mbps. I wish they'd just keep it at 3000.

Edited by melus

BTW, I've checked my router settings to see if I can allow port forwarding, but don't see that option (it's a ZyXel Prestige 642R -- with a telnet setup). Also the DC++ program doesn't show up in the services list under the internet connection firewall settings to allow port fowarding either (I only have SP1). How important is it to forward ports?