Images From Patong

LivinLOS

One of the photos on Soi Sea Pearl showing cars piles up infront of Patogtn Friendship leather shop with the Thara Patong on the right and the beauty shop on the left indicates water much farther up that Soi Kateoy elvel on Bangla. Although the Bangla is right open to the ocean you can see by other photos lie King Fashion whish sits in the middle of Bearch road between Bangla and Sea Pearl doesn't look too bad. I expect to hear soon as I e-mailed offering to pay my Feb and April hotel bill in advance so as to keep as many staff on as possible. I'll post any and all news.

i am supposed to be going to phuket from the 6th - 13th jan 2005.. what do you think the condition of patong beach will be like then?? i these tidal waves have just ruined my holiday...

Heard Skegness isn't bad this time of year.

Better ask "Tornado"... :o

i am supposed to be going to phuket from the 6th - 13th jan 2005.. what do you think the condition of patong beach will be like then?? i these tidal waves have just ruined my holiday...

You're alive, you've got all your stuff.

Many of the people on whom you would depend for your holiday have lost everything.

That said, I think you should go anyway. The businesses that remain open and the people who need work will appreciate the baht you spend. And, by the time you get there the beaches will be just fine.

Go home! :o

---------------

I'd like to say more but I don't want to get banned.

What an insensitive post.......

nuff said!

Edited by udon

in case you turn up

bring more baht to spend

help to rebuild the businesses

if not

go home

alot of people may not have the mood

to carry the bundles of lost and death

within the hearts

and provide service with a million dollar smile

so be understanding

and spend more...

Thanks for promoting another site.

George.. It's a disturbing situation for lots of people, I think you should cut LivinLOS some slack about his URL post at this time..

He did preface his post with. "I have not been able to get thaivisa for most of today".

News has been spotty at best and is welcome no matter where it comes from.... and pictures, no matter where posted, are the best way to show the situation and help to quell the fears of many that have friends and relatives in the area at this time. Pictures show areas of destruction; but they also show people and areas that were not so badly hit as well.

""""i am supposed to be going to phuket from the 6th - 13th jan 2005.. what do you think the condition of patong beach will be like then?? i these tidal waves have just ruined my holiday...""""

"Your" holiday was not ruined. "Your" holiday was changed.

There are many other places all over Thailand and the world where you

can go to play.

The people who were vacationing there had their vacations ruined.

The people vacationing there who died had their lives ruined, as did their families.

The 12,000 people formerly livingin India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and Thailand

had their lives ruined as well, along with the lives of their families, as many

of them lost everyhnig that they had.

Your vacation was not ruined.

Thanks for promoting another site.

George.. It's a disturbing situation for lots of people, I think you should cut LivinLOS some slack about his URL post at this time..

He did preface his post with. "I have not been able to get thaivisa for most of today".

News has been spotty at best and is welcome no matter where it comes from.... and pictures, no matter where posted, are the best way to show the situation and help to quell the fears of many that have friends and relatives in the area at this time. Pictures show areas of destruction; but they also show people and areas that were not so badly hit as well.

Spot On....Here is a disaster where loved ones may be lost and we are getting territorial.....Ta Ta and not as in Young....

i these tidal waves have just ruined my holiday...

unspeakable and offensive that some people still feel pitty of themselves in views of such a tragedy...

thousand of Thai people lost everything, and many their lifes...we (westerners) should help in any way we can. The least we can do is to go there and spend as much as possible to help these people....

Is there any way that farangs can help with donations to the Thai victims of this disaster?

@Carrick, that was a bit insenstive but everyone else has already said that..

@George, I have no beef or axe to grind.. The fact was I had access to that site (which I have no real interest in promoting it was done for friends) at the time and being my site its easier to admin 60 or so pictures than using a system I am unfamiliar with.. Nothing competative at all..

I could also point out I told you you were free to use any images and link them directly so my site was not even seen.. Then I emailed you zip files of all the images.. So really ?? Any need for an issue ??

@Udon, I dont own a bar (just support a few) so luckily have no financial risk in this tragedy.

I just lookeat 138 pics by Nicke Kring of Mai Thai Bar in Soi Eric and I was brikenhearted. It will be a fews weeks before all the rubble is cleared but looks as though things are going to get back to same same fairly soon. I would expect to see things prim and proper at Songrkan.....

Seems that the buildings were much stronger that I would have expected! Many of the metal roll doors did their job and seems like just lost of debris.

I would say that if you hotel says for ahead I would go. Pleanty of action to be found.

My best to those whom endured the plight....Have a pint and you'll be right!

http://soieasy.com/modules.php?set_albumNa...=view_photo.php

This is where I sold time share.

The sales deck was in the BASEMENT lobby. Whoever took this photo was stood on the top of those stairs facing the THIRD floor internal walk around balcony which is where the waterline is.

We started work at 8:45 so if there were any fatalities it would have been the sleazy timeshare managers - who were <deleted>, though I don't think I'd wish drowning on them.

It is so strange seeing these pictures.

@Carrick, that was a bit insenstive but everyone else has already said that..

@George, I have no beef or axe to grind.. The fact was I had access to that site (which I have no real interest in promoting it was done for friends) at the time and being my site its easier to admin 60 or so pictures than using a system I am unfamiliar with.. Nothing competative at all..

I could also point out I told you you were free to use any images and link them directly so my site was not even seen.. Then I emailed you zip files of all the images.. So really ?? Any need for an issue ??

@Udon, I dont own a bar (just support a few) so luckily have no financial risk in this tragedy.

Livin LOS & George, great job getting the photos out all 'round.

Much appreciated.

George, seems to me the forums are a sort of modern day short wave radio.

Sure it wsa hard to get on at the peak but the info and photos were

WELL ahead of any newscasts and remain so even now.

You guys must be going on little/no sleep. Kudos on keeping us informed.

Best we all can do now is, Support Phuket & region, they need our patronage.

I plan on re-visiting when the rescue ops are done and clean up is underway.

(going ahead with planned trip mid Jan - of course!)

Scamp, you're lucky mate.

Yeah these fora and the net in general have been an amazing resource...

Being here means I need the info a little less as I can see it first hand but for casual visitors or those away from their homes businesses and friends it must be ######...

http://soieasy.com/modules.php?set_albumNa...=view_photo.php

This is where I sold time share.

The sales deck was in the BASEMENT lobby. Whoever took this photo was stood on the top of those stairs facing the THIRD floor internal walk around balcony which is where the waterline is.

We started work at 8:45 so if there were any fatalities it would have been the sleazy timeshare managers - who were <deleted>, though I don't think I'd wish drowning on them.

It is so strange seeing these pictures.

I also sale vacation holidays at club absolute and my house is still on the hill over the bridge .I could'nt belive these pictures when i saw them.I'm in californain visiting my mother but will be back in mid jan.I just need to know how to help directly.

unspeakable and offensive that some people still feel pitty of themselves in views of such a tragedy...

thousand of Thai people lost everything, and many their lifes...we (westerners) should help in any way we can. The least we can do is to go there and spend as much as possible to help these people....

Is there any way that farangs can help with donations to the Thai victims of this disaster?

From a UK perspective, the papers are full of ways to make a donation and here are a few links: www.oxfam.org.uk www.redcross.org.uk/donate www.savethechildren.org.uk

Obviously these are generic for all victims throughout Asia and you kind of wonder just what % will hit the street where it's so badly needed. My fiancee is in BKK but her brother and mother are in Krabi and have had their homes/businesses trashed so I just made a bank transfer to her direct. Guess what? The blood-sucking UK bank wanted to charge me £25 for the transfer but then dropped it to £15 after I explained the reason - there's charity for you!

I'm due in Phuket/Krabi on 31/1 and was wondering whether or not to go or to redirect to other parts of LOS but after reading these posts (NOT Cazza's - insensitive <deleted>), I'm there and will encourage my friends to spend like no tomorrow. My deepest sympathies for those of you closer to the tragedy.

Hi;

Phuket is still here, The main beaches of patong, kamala and bang tao were hit the hardest BUT only about 150 from the high tide mark.

Karon, little damage because all the main hotels are far back, Kata the far south end ( the boatyard was totalled), Chalong..no problem, Rawaii was hit and lost a close friend. She went out to try and help and was caught in a big wave

Kamala was gutted on the beach, beach orad and 90% of the shops on the main road.

The people that lost everything will need HELP. I really strongly suggest that you don't give money to donation funds for the survivors here in Thaialnd. Knowing how things operate the money will not get to those that need it the most.

A few freinds of mine own bars/rests here. They have been coming around asking how much will be needed to replace and the farnags say less than what is needed BUT then their thai wives/gf say double. It is terriable to see and hear. I am ashamed and so are they but..

Its a pity because although the farangs have lost their incomes many do not live off of that, while the thais have lost everything.

No income, no shop, no merchandice.

If you want to give cash then give it direct to the ones that need it the most.

Clothes, ( large sizes for farangs) and food are needed

It looks like you will be ok, things are really moving in Patong, don't cancell just come and enjoy your holiday, your spending will help some of the victims.

It looks like you will be ok, things are really moving in Patong, don't cancell just come and enjoy your holiday, your spending will help some of the victims.

That's about the only sensible response I've read to carrick's post. When NY was hit and the Brits were still prepared to fly over there the Septics were over-the-moon that people still wanted to come and were thanking profusely the new arrivers. It was the "Don't desert us" sort of thing. Maybe that's how it will be viewed if people still arrive in Thailand. At least it can't hurt and right now baht will be appreciated.