The Ubc "what's On" Topic

Insight

For those that have UBC here...

Not all of it can be complete pants, can it? Flicking around I occasionally catch something worth watching, but never am aware what time it started, or when to catch it again. That’s why I thought about starting this thread.

Know about a film/programme that might be of interest to the rest of us? Please note it down here along with date/time(s). Thanks in advance! :o

For those that have UBC here...

Not all of it can be complete pants, can it? Flicking around I occasionally catch something worth watching, but never am aware what time it started, or when to catch it again. That’s why I thought about starting this thread.

Know about a film/programme that might be of interest to the rest of us? Please note it down here along with date/time(s). Thanks in advance! :o

Just look at http://www.ubctv.com/default.aspx?

Should of anticipated this kind of reply :o

I don't really enjoy scanning through TV listings, especially when there's no impartial criticism, hence the reason for getting feedback as to what's on from other users on this board....

Edited by Insight

I often have a major problem downloading the UBC schedule so don't bother with it. Also, the UBC guide is only delivered once in a blue moon.

Unfortunately, UBC IS pants, although as most things are repeated ad infinitum you don't have to wait that long if you missed something worthwhile!

Once my local cable can guarantee the Premier League, then I'll switch.

The only program I never miss is Top Gear. Thursday and repeated again on Sunday.

UBC aint that bad, its better than cable in my opinion - no Fox News, which should be made compulsory.  :o

Is Top Gear on at any time past 8pm Torn? Only time of a weekday evening I've got to watch it, and don't think I've caught it before of a weekday...

Something that I stumbled across recently that some might be interested in.

Saturday nights around 8-9pm on CH 55 (CNBC) they have an oldish movie showing.

Problem is, it clashes with the EPL matches. :o

A few weeks ago they showed 'Kes' set upt' in Yorkshire. Man, it brought back some memories that did. :D

The UBC mag is crap now especially with the smaller print. I can't <deleted>' read the listings now cos it's so small. Also the mag doesn't list BBC or CNBC programs anymore. Shame.

Top Gear is indeed the only thing in the whole of UBC's channels that I really try to catch. I think it's 8:30pm on Thursday. Don't know what time the Sunday repeat is. I think they should repeat it more often.

This programme is so brilliant it's worth buying that TV/video capure card for to plug into my PC..

Not sure if you can still download episodes from the BBC website?

Cheers,

Chanchao

...I don't really enjoy scanning through TV listings, especially when there's no impartial criticism...

I had the same problem - so I wrote a little batch file on my PC. I download the schedule (ubcschedule.zip) from here http://www.ubctv.com/eng/UBCMag.aspx, unzip all the text file schedules, and the batch file searches them for specific text and produces a mini listing of all the stuff I'm interested in - much better than the crappy search facility that UBC provides. :o

As a TV addict I watch some total crap, I won't deny.

But:

On AXN

The Shield on Mondays 9pm is wicked!

Alias Tuesdays 9pm is good.

The Amazing Race and CSI on Wednesdays 8pm and 9pm respectively.

Also UBC series has:

Malcolm in the Middle on Saturday morning 11.30am (and it's on in the evening as well I can't remember when though).

The Simpsons and Arrested Development on 9pm and 9.30pm Saturday (Cold Squad on just before is okay as well). They're also both repeated on Sunday afternoon.

Curb Your Enthusiasm on Sunday around 7pm or so is also very good!

The Apprentice while a bit cheesey is entertaining and is on Friday at 8pm and repeated Sunday afternoon.

Scrubs on Tuesday at 9pm is also excellent (but clashes with Alias!).

Ahem.

The West wing.

AXN

10pm

Tuesday nights

I think it's on UBC Series (36) not AXN.

What's the following got in common? (Apart from all being unbelievably crap)

Life with Bonnie

I'm with Her

Married to the Kellys

Good Morning Miami

Whoopi

A Minute with Stan Hooper

Cedric the Entertainer

They've all been cancelled after one or two series because they so <deleted> dire. Good ole UBC buys this garbage probably cos' they're cheap and then has the gall to play them at their prime 9pm slot.

On a positive note, I watched The Shield for the first time this week and really enjoyed it.

I just wish that UBC had some decent compatition and maybe then they would make the effort to provide a quality service and maybe even some customer care.

There is a lot of competion. It is called turn off the TV and go outside!

Incredible. Thanks. Where were you on the ThaiVisa awards?

Actually I was just watching a new reality show. There was this group of sad old guys and their job was to pretend they were all really highly successful 30-something businesmen. They then competed to see who could get the youngest girl to join them for a drink by flashing around their money and then...

Oh wait, that wasn't UBC, I was just at Soi Cowboy...

Actually I was just watching a new reality show. There was this group of sad old guys and their job was to pretend they were all really highly successful 30-something businesmen. They then competed to see who could get the youngest girl to join them for a drink by flashing around their money and then...

Oh wait, that wasn't UBC, I was just at Soi Cowboy...

But did you have a good time? That's the most important thing...

Thanks to everybody else for your suggestions.