A friend has overstayed his visa by about 8 months (this ain't me, it really is a mate)....anyone got any ideas of what he can expect when leaving don muang? I reckon he will go in immigration nick....

Had a TV documentary on this not long in UK.One guy still in prison after 6 months as he had no money and no family in UK to send him any. Make sure he has the cash!

this is the issue.he is potless, hope he can get some cash from his folks..he has been living off his TGF's cash for the last few months...and she doesnt even know he's overstayed....

Edited by mr_lob

It baffles me why these guys just dont go home for a few months get their head down , do a bit of graft and then come back poked up......LOS aint going anywhere (although the GF might :D )

Edit..for our American members,

Graft............to work

Poked up...........to have money. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

It  baffles  me  why  these  guys  just  dont  go  home  for  a  few  months get  their  head  down , do  a  bit  of  graft  and  then  come  back  poked  up......LOS  aint  going  anywhere (although  the  GF  might  :o )

absolutely...i knew one guy in samui who ripped off a bank by taking a loan out and pissing off....the money soon ran out and he had to return to the UK...they soon caught up with him. Now thats more of a Thai way of thinking he had there 'i've got money today, so i'll spend it. don't give a toss about tomorrow'

Edited by mr_lob

It  baffles  me  why  these  guys  just  dont  go  home  for  a  few  months get  their  head  down , do  a  bit  of  graft  and  then  come  back  poked  up......LOS  aint  going  anywhere (although  the  GF  might  :D )

Edit..for  our  American  members,

Graft............to  work

Poked  up...........to  have  money.  :o

Thanks for that, Thaiflyer... :D

Still hoping the mods can start that pinned topic or separate link on "international language sayings" or some such title. :D

Interesting bit about graft... Do Brits also use it as Americans in the direct sense that it's "bad money" or meaning the money was obtained by corruption?

poked up close to stoked up... which I've heard in America.

as for the subject of this thread... best of luck to ya, guy. Hope things go ok and yes... go get poked up before returning again.

Interesting bit about graft... Do Brits also use it as Americans in the direct sense that it's "bad money" or meaning the money was obtained by corruption?

No .... "graft" is perfectly acceptable as an alternate for "legit" work..........although it is normally used when refering to manual labour.

Had a TV documentary on this not long in UK.One guy still in prison after 6 months as he had no money and no family in UK to send him any. Make sure he has the cash!

this is the issue.he is potless, hope he can get some cash from his folks..he has been living off his TGF's cash for the last few months...and she doesnt even know he's overstayed....

The 20 grand and the airticket out is a must. Don't delay. The detention centre is the pits.

• 1 month later...
A friend has overstayed his visa by about 8 months (this ain't me, it really is a mate)....anyone got any ideas of what he can expect when leaving don muang? I reckon he will go in immigration nick....

How do you consciously overstay a Visa by 8 months :o

To risk detention and possible black-listing is just retarded.

Maybe there's some issue that makes him reluctant to return home ?

I'd assume he has a ticket as most international haulers don't sell one-ways, could be wrong.

How do you consciously overstay a Visa by 8 months :o

To risk detention and possible black-listing is just retarded.

Maybe there's some issue that makes him reluctant to return home ?

I'd assume he has a ticket as most international haulers don't sell one-ways, could be wrong.

now read the latest: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34145