The Pope Passes

*deleted quote edited*

Thats a bit OTT on a day like today. All great men (and women will be judged by history) and not by an insenative man like you Dick! :o

My Mother will be in tears today thank fukc she does not read this forum

Edited by cdnvic

He had the chance to save millions of lives, but chose to stay rooted in rhetoric. I'm talking about his anti-condom message. How many lives were lost as a result? How many children have been born into poor, third world families, doomed to die of malnutrition, because of the church's anti-birth control stance?

So If the next Pope takes the same stance he will be an evil murderer too then?. Do yourself a favour and look at a few other religions where MURDER is actually on the agenda! The Man judged what he gleaned from the Bible and interpreted it as he saw fit as he was entitled to do, he was the POPE

By the way seen any Cathoilics in Soi Cowboy, Nana, Patpong, (hate to use such words in a thread like this, but as there are 1.8 billion Catholics do you think that NONE of them ever picked up a BG and did NOT use a Condom?

Is the Pope not the man responsible for sending missionaries to places like Africa which have huge problems with population, starvation and the spread of AIDS with the message that they will burn in h.ell if they practice safe sex? :o

I'm sorry of this offends many of you, but I'm thinking not of you, but the thousands of people that have been born into a bad situation of have contracted AIDS from god fearing people that have been too scared to use condoms. :D

Is this really a person that deserves mourning?

Edited by bkkmadness

Wow BKK, why dont you just compare him to Hitler or Stalin then.?

Is he responsible for millions of deaths.?

I changed my religion, surely anyone else is entiltled to do the same?

It will be interesting to see if the next Pope changes his stance on this very delicate issue

I certainly wouldn't ever compare him to Hitler or Stalin, but there are people effected by AIDS that have no religion, born with it in fact and many of those cases are directly caused by the parents being told that they should not use condoms, and are neither educated enough or in the position to change their religion, especially as many require the missionaries help. The third world is a good target audience to spread the word to and a certain amount of brainwashing as with any religion is also used here as they are a vunerable people right now.

So though I wouldn't condemn the man as a murderer I would definately say that he set the safe sex message back a few years in many countries which is having a devastating effect.

I for one hope the next pope does update the catholic church a little to make it a more modern religion and in the end more helpful to the people of the world.

There is no command or instruction in the bible not to use contraception - this is a man-made rule of the catholic church. That said, he was the leader of that church and so was entitled to promote that rule. It may be that the next pope will be a little more reasonable...

เสือ

I agree, and I am in no way in favour of contraception - there are too many children born into abject poverty where the parents just don't have the choice, which is wrong. The point is that the catholic church promotes many man-made rules which are just church traditions, thay cannot change them all overnight! Only time will tell.

เสือ

I had hoped some of you could grow up for a day and let catholics mourn and have their farewells, but as shown here that's not the case. I'll close this thread now out of respect to those mourning. Don't open another please.

cv