German, 25, Stabbed To Death By Thai Girlfriend

george

German, 25, stabbed to death

PATONG: (PHUKET GAZETTE): A 25-year-old German man died early on Sunday morning of stab wounds received in a furious argument with his Thai girlfriend in their rented room on Nanai Rd.

Pol Lt Col Chawalit Niamwadee, of Kathu Police Station, told the Gazette, “I received a call from Patong Hospital at 4 am that a man had been brought into the emergency room, where he had died of his wounds.”

The dead man was identified as Anders Ochner. “He had been stabbed once in his right side and once in his upper chest, and he had three knife wounds to his right hand,” said Col Chawalit.

“At the scene of the stabbing, I found Uthairat Poonchan, 21, from Nakhon Sawan, still holding a knife. There was blood on the floor.

“She told me that she and Mr Ochners frequently had arguments about the victim’s relationships with other women. She had used the knife to protect herself, she said, because he had hit and hurt her before. She herself had cuts to her fingers and her right arm.”

Uthairat, he said, had been arrested on a charge of manslaughter. The investigation continues.

Mr Ochner’s body is currently at Thalang Hospital awaiting collection by his relatives.

--Phuket Gazette 2005-12-14

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame people don't learn - you have problems that might resort to violence just walk away.

This is exactly what he might have tried to do. He is not the first one, who did not make it

Yeah but doesnt give him the right to hit her , nor does he deserve to die

Who says he hit her? She said so, he cannot say anything anymore to defend himself. Easy to get wounds in a fight, he must have defended himself and wounded her. Anyway, it looks like she is much stronger than he was.

Of course he did not deserve to die.

Shame people don't learn - you have problems that might resort to violence just walk away.

This is exactly what he might have tried to do. He is not the first one, who did not make it

Yeah but doesnt give him the right to hit her , nor does he deserve to die

Who says he hit her? She said so, he cannot say anything anymore to defend himself. Easy to get wounds in a fight, he must have defended himself and wounded her. Anyway, it looks like she is much stronger than he was.

wow can you imagine the web of your fingers beint slit . ouch ! tahts true he cant defend himself

“She told me that she and Mr Ochners frequently had arguments about the victim’s relationships with other women. She had used the knife to protect herself, she said, because he had hit and hurt her before. She herself had cuts to her fingers and her right arm.”

The problem is still sex, Farang comes to Thai for girl, Have one, but not stop looking for other sex!...

The problem is still sex, Farang comes to Thai for girl, Have one, but not stop looking for other sex!...

so many and so easy

The problem is still sex, Farang comes to Thai for girl,

Have one, but not stop looking for other sex!...

That's also why prostitution and crime often meet...

Avoiding one, is often avoiding the other.... :D

I guess, maybe the family in Nakhon Sawan now knows she was not only a 'secretary' in a Phuket resort, and the family in Germany will be surprised too. :o

Some people are really irresponsible.

Indeed. I never believe the killer. It's more likely that she abused him.

She did him wrong enough to kill him. Certainly not beyond her to lie to make him look bad. Doesn't hurt her chances of getting off either.

She did him wrong enough to kill him. Certainly not beyond her to lie to make him look bad. Doesn't hurt her chances of getting off either.

As theres not enough in article to say what really occured, I'm inclined to give the lass the benefit of a doubt. As more facts become availible I could be swayed one way or another. I'm not inclined to jump to conclusions before more is known, and other witnesses come forth telling they've heard fights between the two, or seen bruises or other marks caused by his or hers mistreatment of the other. If it turns out he abused her, instant karma can be brutal. If she can be proven at fault, off to the hoosecow with her.

As theres not enough in article to say what really occured, I'm inclined to give the lass the benefit of a doubt. As more facts become availible I could be swayed one way or another. I'm not inclined to jump to conclusions before more is known, and other witnesses come forth telling they've heard fights between the two, or seen bruises or other marks caused by his or hers mistreatment of the other. If it turns out he abused her, instant karma can be brutal. If she can be proven at fault, off to the hoosecow with her.

Yes I believe the morale of the story is two wrongs DO not Make a right

Self defense!? She has to be proven guilty?... Alot of strange comments here! The girl is found still holding the knife and admits killing him because he had abused her in the past! Why didn't she go to the police in the past!? And so she is allowed to take justice into her own hands!? Cuts on her hands sound self inflicted. No bruising on her face or body as would be expected from an abuse case!? Manslaughter!??? Do her for murder!

Thai girls and tempers? Oh yes! You should read the Thai newspapers, its almost a weekly occurance for a Thai girl to maim or kill husbands, boyfriends, etc... My good friends' girlfriend was stabbed to death by his ex-gf! She still remains free on complications (rich parents!)... No matter what happened that day the girls deserves a long long time in jail! Taking someones life is inexcusable!

Having been at the sharp end of a knife attack by a wife I can confirm it is very frightening, and some times for no reason what so ever. It can very difficult to defend as it is the last thing you would expect and without warning, I was lucky there were no serious injuries, but very close and she wasn't a Thai. My point in this is no body but the survivor in this case can truly say what happened, but what goes around comes around.

Oh and it did lead to divorce

Edited by mgc

Yes I believe the morale of the story is two wrongs DO not Make a right

Its an eyeopener. Its hard to believe that a small girl of any culture could manage to kill a guy with a knife. Was he sleeping when she gave the first blow? It could have been premeditated murder. Fueled by jealouscy and previous physical abuse. How long had he been in Phuket, what was he doing letting things escalate to such heights??????

so many and so easy

Apparently not so easy....

I wouldn't link having sex to this crime. Many happy adults have sex all over the world every day and they don't get stabbed to death in the process. The distinctions, however, may be hard to see - especially for the victims. I guess it has to do with violent and abusive relationships and self esteem and the abuse one receives while growing up and how they handle it and continue it. It is really sad. It makes me want to try to be patient and helpful to those that are in bad relationships. Often, it isn't until these things happen that we stop to think. And I think we are ill-equipped as a society to handle some of these very challenging situations. I take from this a renewed appreciation for my own currently safe and peaceful life, and a desire to play a part in possibly preventing these types of things if I have the opportunity. Anyone else have thoughts about this?

IF he did beat her then he had it comming. I Loath males (Men don't hit women) who beat on women. However if he didn't then she needs to be tried for murder. But really this type of "justice" where by the officer's arrive on the scence and the woman is found cut up in the corner holding a knife and her husband/boyfreind/"jhon" is dead. In the States 9 times out of 10 she will not see a charge greater than manslaughter. Innocent untill proven guilty, tough sometimes but fair and equitable Justice is rarely easy.

Most thai girlfriends i've come across talk about killing them selves if i ever leave or else becoming a nun or becoming a bar girl.

They treaten to cut themselves and even have one go in the bathroom and tell me she was doing it. free world so i let her there. She didn't and didn't try that on me again because i didn't respond.

Most of them have a habit of hitting and using their nails if no attention is paid to their thai soap opera moaning.

She is most likely a murderer. Look at the guy is he a tatooed keynok or a decent guy. Thai women have a habit of cutting of penises and things like that with jelousy. They treat you so bad and then somehow expect you to be faithful. likely she was just a spoilt jelous nut whore. No offense.

there's got to be more to this than just jealousy, surely. And i think you can rule out self defence as the reason too.

I know Thai girls have bad tempers, but sounds like she really wanted to kill him.

Only 25, very sad.

I wouldn't link having sex to this crime. Many happy adults have sex all over the world every day and they don't get stabbed to death in the process. The distinctions, however, may be hard to see - especially for the victims. I guess it has to do with violent and abusive relationships and self esteem and the abuse one receives while growing up and how they handle it and continue it. It is really sad. It makes me want to try to be patient and helpful to those that are in bad relationships. Often, it isn't until these things happen that we stop to think. And I think we are ill-equipped as a society to handle some of these very challenging situations. I take from this a renewed appreciation for my own currently safe and peaceful life, and a desire to play a part in possibly preventing these types of things if I have the opportunity. Anyone else have thoughts about this?

Sounds like you guys haven't been in enough sexual relationships with Thai women to make your conclusions. Relationships with physical (sexual) foundations, I have found, can be very distorted, emotional, and difficult to maintain/control, especially if one of the parties is less experienced with heartbreak and broken trust.

I've been in relationships with Thai girls that have 'been around the block' been there done that as far as moving on from a relationship if someone becomes unfaithful, where the transition was mature and peaceful in the breakup process.

Then on the otherside, I've also experienced the sexual-based relationship with less experienced Thai girls, where peaceful transition/solution was far from achievable.

Anyway, I'm not trying to boast about my sexual endeavors/relationships in the past, just stating from experience that this isn't IMO anything unusual considering their relationship had physical foundations (sex).

I've been attacked by ex (thai) girlfriends even on the basis of suspicion...As relationship built on sex are more prone to untrust/jealousy. Luckily, I was able to restrain the attacker before any real harm could be done...though a few slaps and scratches were recieved in the process.

IMO, It's not that Thai girls can't handle polygamous behavior, as it is a part of their culture/history. However, it all depends on what your relationship foundations/understandings are from the start..If she is led to believe that she is/will be the only one before she gives herself to you, and then you cross it later, you're asking for trouble.

BTW, I'm in a monogomous relationship now, though I've expressed desire to have mia noy to my girl, she doesn't entertain it...unless ofcourse I was financially prepared to support her as the mia luang comfortably, which I'm not and so it's only fantasy :o:D

Anyway, regarding domestic violence, this isn't any conspiracy as people want to make it out to be, it's normal. Happens everyday, all over the world. When one blacks out and loses self control, all too common.

So I'm more interested in the guys/girls status prior. Was he a tourist with a BG, or was he an expat working with a long time gf, or?? These details would answer a lot more than with the info of farang and thaigirl in phuket...