Englishman Stabbed To Death By His Thai Father-in-law

sriracha john

bbc.co.uk

Thai man charged after stab death

A Thai man has been charged with murder after his British son-in-law was found stabbed, police said today.

Mark Jones, 42, was stabbed in the back on Wednesday night at his home in Pak Chong district in Nakorn Ratchasima.

Police Major Jaran Pankratok said Mr Jones had been with his Thai wife Saichai Chantee for about two years and the couple had a one-year-old son.

A Foreign Office spokeswoman said that the victim was originally from Colchester in Essex.

Mr Jones's father-in-law has been charged with the offence of premeditated murder and released on bail. :o:D

Ian Proud, a spokesman for the British Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand, said: "Obviously the matter is now under investigation but we are aware of the situation.

"I know consular staff have been working with the Foreign Office in London since receiving notification of the matter.

"As this is still the subject of an investigation and it would be inappropriate to say more."

Mr Jones's father-in-law has been charged with the offence of premeditated murder and released on bail

A common occurance here it seems......

If the father-in-law's name turns out to be the same as two other famous Somchai's released on bail with pre-meditated charges (Kanchanaburi cop and Bang Saen Godfather), I will literally fall out of my chair.

*repetitious information deleted*

Briton Killed In Thailand

Police in the Pak Chong area said Mark Jones, 42, was stabbed twice in the back last night.

He would not give details of the case, saying only that it was a "family matter" that involved "marital problems".

The stabbing happened at Son (staying in my chair) Chantee's home, 75 miles north east of Bangkok, he added.

She said his next of kin had been informed and a family liaison officer had been appointed.

Sky News

Edited by sriracha john

Do farangs ever die naturally here?

Seems the options are:

pushed from skyscraper

jump from skyscraper by choice

drug overdose

alcohol overdose

murder by knife

murder by gun

clubbed to death

car accident

motorcycle accident

train accident

bus accident

runover by a vehicle

dissappearance, assumed dead

drowning

electrocution

Liver cancer, lung cancer and HIV seem to be the only semi-natural causes of death

Saw this story about a British guy who was killed by his father in law, supposedly because he was beating his wife. My wife was kind of incredulous about it because she says she has never heard the case where the father in law kills the Thai husband...

Anyway, I haven't seen this in the English lanuage press. Anybody else catch anything about this?

Seems the options are:

pushed from skyscraper

drug overdose

alcohol overdose

murder by knife

murder by gun

clubbed to death

car accident

motorcycle accident

train accident

bus accident

runover by a vehicle

drowning

electrocution

Liver cancer, lung cancer and HIV seem to be the only semi-natural causes of death

you forgot killed by elephant

Smiling good natured Thai's killing again.

maybe we should nuke bangkok cowardly thais same ones who gave the Japanese free passage to invade Malaysia and Singapore before getting their <deleted> whipped all the way to India a bit later on.

press the button in Whitehall please !!

Seems the options are:

pushed from skyscraper

drug overdose

alcohol overdose

murder by knife

murder by gun

clubbed to death

car accident

motorcycle accident

train accident

bus accident

runover by a vehicle

drowning

electrocution

you forgot killed by elephant

And "killed by falling Coconut" :D

I escaped 2 (!) times, quite close, falling coconuts :o

LaoPo

The story in the Thai media is that the guy was a drunk and when be got drunk he beat his wife.

When the father-in-law stabbed him the guy was trying to strangle his wife and the F-in-L was unable to pull him off and so he grabbed a knive and stabbed him.

Bit to early for the media to be making up things yet so it's quite possibly true.