Amarican Was Killed

Iris

Last night aroud 11.00 p.m. An American famouse guide was killed by his foreginer ex girl friend.

In front of the restaruant around night Baza. And because of he was a customer of ICO law frim. Now ICO taking care everything. OH my god.

Just to clear some misconceptions up-

From the Nation:

Canadian journalist shot dead by girlfriend in Chiang Mai

A Canadian journalist living in Chiang Mai was shot to death by his girlfriend during an argument, police said Monday.

George Patrick Dubie, 52, was killed on Sunday night by his girlfriend, Margaret Crane, 48, who was detained shortly after the shooting.

Dubie had been working as a freelance journalist for CNN, but the CNN Bureau in Bangkok said they had no knowledge of the man, police said.

According to witnesses, the couple met at a restaurant in downtown Chiang Mai and had a big argument when the woman pulled out a pistol and opened fire three times before fleeing in a car.

----------

Anyone know him?

From ZoomInfo.com

(News source said she was a freelance journalist)

Margaret Crane is a business journalist and author with firsthand knowledge of family businesses, and is co-author of Corporate Bloodlines: The Future of the Family Firm. Her article "How to Keep Families from Feuding," which originally appeared in Inc. Magazine, has been reprinted in various publications. Other of her articles have appeared in St. Louis-Post Dispatch, Crain's Chicago Business Journal, Money, Newsweek, Enterprise: BusinessWeek Online, Your Company Magazine, Family Business Magazine, The Wine Spectator, and Food and Wine.

From ZoomInfo.com

Margaret Crane is a business journalist and author with firsthand knowledge of family businesses, and is co-author of Corporate Bloodlines: The Future of the Family Firm. Her article "How to Keep Families from Feuding," which originally appeared in Inc. Magazine, has been reprinted in various publications.

:o:D:D:D

Further comment is totally superfluous........

From ZoomInfo.com

Margaret Crane is a business journalist and author with firsthand knowledge of family businesses, and is co-author of Corporate Bloodlines: The Future of the Family Firm. Her article "How to Keep Families from Feuding," which originally appeared in Inc. Magazine, has been reprinted in various publications.

:o:D:D:D

Further comment is totally superfluous........

how to keep families from fueding just shootem

Last night aroud 11.00 p.m. An American famouse guide was killed by his foreginer ex girl friend.

In front of the restaruant around night Baza. And because of he was a customer of ICO law frim. Now ICO taking care everything. OH my god.

I was with my g/friend in the Night Bazaar last night from 8pm till midnight/closing, I never heard or saw anything.

Can you tell me which restaurant, or specific location please?

A customer today tod me that he saw the aftermath - the body lying on the street - but he didn't mention where it was located.

A few minutes later he brought me a Thai newspaper with a picture of the guy and he certainly did look familiar.

From ZoomInfo.com

Margaret Crane is a business journalist and author with firsthand knowledge of family businesses, and is co-author of Corporate Bloodlines: The Future of the Family Firm. Her article "How to Keep Families from Feuding," which originally appeared in Inc. Magazine, has been reprinted in various publications. Other of her articles have appeared in St. Louis-Post Dispatch, Crain's Chicago Business Journal, Money, Newsweek, Enterprise: BusinessWeek Online, Your Company Magazine, Family Business Magazine, The Wine Spectator, and Food and Wine.

Confirmed: Poor George obviously wasn't "family"... :o

"Famous" guide? I hope that you don't mean the author of the Lonely Planet Guidebook?

How could that be so when he's not American? Tony Wheeler was born in Britain, and now has Australian nationality. His office is in melbourne.

"Famous" guide? I hope that you don't mean the author of the Lonely Planet Guidebook?

How could that be so when he's not American? Tony Wheeler was born in Britain, and now has Australian nationality. His office is in melbourne.

Joe Cummings is American and has been the author of the Thailand Lonely Planet for many years. He lives in Chiang Mai.

Tony Wheeler owns Lonely Planet, but doesn't usually write the guidebooks any more.

Joe Cummings is American and has been the author of the Thailand Lonely Planet for many years. He lives in Chiang Mai.

Tony Wheeler owns Lonely Planet, but doesn't usually write the guidebooks any more.

Well you could have been more precise in your OP. :o Lonely Planet has over six hundred publications all processed from Footscray in Melbourne, and Tony Wheeler is still active in writing. When one thinks of the Lonely Planet one usually thinks of Tony Wheeler.

It's sad that yet another Farang has been shot, all be it, in this instance, by another Farang.