Disturbing Trend On Thai Visa.

tayto

Dear Sir.

I know the subject of going to Burma or not has been hashed out on this site but one thing all posters on a recent topic agreed upon ,was that travellers should try to avoid all organised tours and junta approved holidays.

I am horrified to see advertising on Thaivisa for such firms.

I am requesting Thaivisa to remove this advertising immediatly or they will join the ranks of blacklisted/boycotted firms throughout the world.Myanmar Flights

Cheap flights and great offers for all travellers to Asia

www.studentflights.com.au

Diving Thailand - Burma

Liveaboard from Ranong to Similan, Surin, Richelieu and Burma

www.aidcdive.com

Don't you think we are mostly adults here and can decide what ads to click on, what ads to read, and where in the world we want to travel? Including Myanmar.

So.You approve?

I think there are valid arguments on both sides of this issue. I tend to favor open travel anywhere and everywhere. I think in the long run exposure to other nationalities speeds up the decline of oppressive regimes. As an American, I am deeply offended that my government makes it illegal to travel to Cuba. I also don't like the politically correct nannies telling me where it is politically correct to travel. As adults, we can make our own decisions.

If Thaivisa, can block the keywords for Myanmar, it is OK too. Or if they don't or can't, also OK. If we are educated, we know Myanmar exists, and if we really want to travel there, we will find a way. I have a good friend who goes there every year and loves that country way more than Thailand.

Edited by Thaiquila

Don't you think we are mostly adults here and can decide what ads to click on, what ads to read, and where in the world we want to travel? Including Myanmar.

So.You approve?

He didn't approve .....he left it as the" right to choose " for the grown up individual.

rcm :o

So.You approve?

He didn't approve .....he left it as the" right to choose " for the grown up individual.

His choice of name, indicates his preferance.

This topic is not about going to Burma or not, its about supporting and promoting junta ''approved'' travel.

So.You approve?

His choice of name, indicates his preferance.

This topic is not about going to Burma or not, its about supporting and promoting junta ''approved'' travel.

This is the topic : Disturbing Trend On Thai Visa., Thai Visa supports travel to Burma?????

rcm :D

Thaivisa does not have control over all the ads shown on the site, and those the OP is quoting are from the Google ad system which does topic sensitive, selective advertising.

It would have been preferable if you directed your concerns to a site admin or moderator instead of using the general forum and adapting a style that is almost accusatory in its nature, without having checked the facts first.

The OP is invited to contact the site administrators to discuss what can be done.