Non O Marraige Visa What The Embassies Say

Just finished talking to the Penang Embassy and Kuala Lumpur reagarding Non O Marraige Multiple entry.

*Penang still do multiple entry, regarding finance they say 400,000 in the bank but it is up to their discression if you don't have that.

*Kuala Lumpur still do multiple entry but do not require the bank statement.

1. Can you show a marriage certificate from another country instead of a Thai marriage certificate? Does it have to be translated into Thai and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or is that something you have to give in Bangkok to get a full year extension?

2. If you get a single entry Non Immigrant O visa, it can be extended for one year in Bangkok, correct? If you need to go outside the country, you just have to apply for a reentry stamp, right?

3. I am assuming that if you are not asked for a bank statement, you would have to leave the country after say 3 months. Would you be able to reapply for a new Non Immigrant O Visa indefinetly or will they wonder why you have not got it extended in Bangkok?

4. Does anyone have a complete and current list of things you need to extend the marriage visa in Bangkok?

For those who can answer these questions: :o

1. Yes. If done in your home country I expect current marriage certificate will be accepted but it is up to them. If done in a Consulate such as Penang believe they require the MFA certified translation version (as well as other documents).

2. Yes. If you qualify. And yes you will require a re entry permit as soon as you start extensions of stay to keep them alive.

3. No visa entry allows more than 90 day entry. A non immigrant O visa multi entry valid for one year still only allows a 90 day stay - you then have to leave Thailand but can return for another 90 day entry. Do not believe anyone has been denied a non immigrant O visa to visit there wife regardless of how many but am no fortune teller.

4. Wife (most important), her ID card, her home register, the marriage certificate, any children birth certificates, your passport, your TM.6 arrival card, your TM.7 request for extension of stay with 4x6 cm photo within six months attached, you bank passbook, letter of account balance from your bank, copy (or copies if upcountry) of everything, photos together (often required first visit) at home. If using salary from employment here other items would probably be required to prove that. I would take all this and anything else you might think would be useful if you do not check with the office first. It sounds worse than it is as once you do it you will probably wonder why didn't I do this before.

Once someone has obtained a marriage cert. Do you need to leave Thailand to be able to apply for a non ' o' visa. I have read that you can apply at the thai consulate / embassy and change your 30-day tourist visa to a non 'o' visa.

Can anyone verify this.

cheers

Once someone has obtained a marriage cert. Do you need to leave Thailand to be able to apply for a non ' o' visa. I have read that you can apply at the thai consulate / embassy and change your 30-day tourist visa to a non 'o' visa.

Can anyone verify this.

cheers

You can change a tourist visa to a non-O inside Thailand. Our professional fee is 2,900 Baht to do this, if you like help.

www.sunbeltasia.com

3. I am assuming that if you are not asked for a bank statement, you would have to leave the country after say 3 months. Would you be able to reapply for a new Non Immigrant O Visa indefinetly or will they wonder why you have not got it extended in Bangkok?

I'm on my 6th one-year multi-entry non-O visa.

I've never had to show a bank statement, just the wedding certificate, and a copy of my wife's ID card (along with my passport, the visa application form, and the photo for the visa). I tend to also take along a copy of the house book, but have never been asked for it.

Admittedly, I travel a lot, so have never had the opportunity to extend in Thailand. However, I get the distinct feeling, at least while I fly as much as I do, it's less hassle to get the yearly visa (at the embassy in London generally), than it would be to start having to deal with re-entry permits, and yearly trips to immigration.

Just finished talking to the Penang Embassy and Kuala Lumpur reagarding Non O Marraige Multiple entry.

*Penang still do multiple entry, regarding finance they say 400,000 in the bank but it is up to their discression if you don't have that.

*Kuala Lumpur still do multiple entry but do not require the bank statement.

Just got this e-mail back from The Thai Embassy Penang

Sir,

Yes, you have to bring the original marriage certificate, along with the Thai translation, alos the following:

Â

1. a photocopy of your wife's Thai passport & her Thai Identity card

2. a photocopy of your wife's Thai house hold registration certificate

3. photocopy of your passport

Â

Multiple Entry is subject to approval

Â

Thank you

Royal Thai Consulate-General, Penang

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Sep 16, 2006 1:44 AM

Subject: Fwd: Visa mrraige certificate.

"30-day tourist visa?" Sounds like you're tripping over definitions and are confusing the 'no visa required' entry, which results in a 30-day stamp, with a tourist visa, which results in a 60-day stamp.

As far as I can tell, Sunbelt's service is referring to converting a tourist visa -- but a 30-day 'no visa required' entry can NOT be converted to a Non Imm visa.

One thing I know for sure is that they are very pedantic with these things...

I have a Thai bank account with a bank book showing over 400 000 (as required).

I asked the bank for a letter stating this and they said it would take a week...

So, we checked with Immigration. I.e. "is the bank book showing the funds enough?"

Answer = no. You need the bank book AND the letter.

The girl was nice...but basically said if ANY one document is misssing, they won't process your application.

I asked the bank for a letter stating this and they said it would take a week...
That’s a funny bank.

---------------

Maestro

I have an account at Kasikorn bank in the village and I waited about an hour as it was only the second one they had done. My letter last year was the first.

I also have an account at Bankok Bank near Sukhumvit soi 8 and that was done while I waited.

Kbank 100 baht, BKK bank 200 baht.

The account is free to be used but the amount should remain above the required amount during the under review process unless you have made arrangements with immigration. They may check the bank during the review and if not above 400k they may not approve the extension of stay that month and wait and check again the next time, etc. It seems to have been a cause of long under review periods for some.