New! Withdraw Paypal Funds To Thai Bank Accounts

New PayPal Feature Available:

After October 1st, registered PayPal users in Thailand will be able to withdrawal funds to their Thai bank accounts.

New! Withdraw PayPal funds to Thai bank accounts, Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click the ' Profile' subtab.

3. Click the 'Bank Accounts' link in the 'Financial Information' column.

4. Click 'Add'.

5. Fill out the Add Bank Account form.

6. Click 'Add Bank Account'.

7. You are now able to withdraw funds from your PayPal account to this bank account.

Refer: http://pages.ebay.co.th/eng/news_update.htm

:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a thai address, telephone number and bank account - can I just sign up for a paypal account at paypal.com, specify the above details and get an account that I can transfer mnoney to from another paypal account then move it out to my thai bank account ?

Also, is it possible to change thai bank account details or is there limitations on how frequently this is done.

When i signed up for a paypal account in the UK, they transferred an amount of money to my uk account and i had to report how much was transferred to get onto the verification ladder. How is this performed if you only have a THB account and ebay dont support THB as a currency yet ? Do they accept information of the credit in THB or tell you the exchange rate used so you can work out the amount in the cource currency ? Or is the process performed differently to what I have explained above ?

I have a thai address, telephone number and bank account - can I just sign up for a paypal account at paypal.com, specify the above details and get an account that I can transfer mnoney to from another paypal account then move it out to my thai bank account ?

Also, is it possible to change thai bank account details or is there limitations on how frequently this is done.

When i signed up for a paypal account in the UK, they transferred an amount of money to my uk account and i had to report how much was transferred to get onto the verification ladder. How is this performed if you only have a THB account and ebay dont support THB as a currency yet ? Do they accept information of the credit in THB or tell you the exchange rate used so you can work out the amount in the cource currency ? Or is the process performed differently to what I have explained above ?

you may indeed open a thai paypal account. they dont support THB as a currency yet, but you can accept many other currencies and they simply do a conversion when you want to wirhdraw to a thai account. you can add muliptle thai bank accounts so you can split the withdrawals if you wish :o

Thanks for the replies (on someone elses thread too !!) - what i am concerned about is that in order to receive funds from a paypal transfer and to transfer out to a thai bank account i will need to do some sort of verifivation on the paypal account. Now in the UK for the account i specified, paypal transferred an amount of cash and to verify i had to state what this was. So if THB is not supported, how is this performed ? This may not be of importance to me as if it is possible to receive a paypal transfer and transfer out to a thai bank account without some sort of verification then so much the better - however i doubt it. Also I do not want to do a test and find that i get myself blacklisted or some such thing - would just like to draw on peoples experience so far....

TIA

The whole verification thing is done with your credit card. They will charge a small amount and send a code with the debit booking. Your account will be verified when you enter that code.

You won't need to verify the Thai bank account after that. I have been able to withdraw to the Thai bank account immediately. However, you won't be able to withdraw anything with an unverified account. So it is bank account plus credit card if you want do witdraw to a Thai bank account. The bank account alone won't do it.

Thanks for the replies (on someone elses thread too !!) - what i am concerned about is that in order to receive funds from a paypal transfer and to transfer out to a thai bank account i will need to do some sort of verifivation on the paypal account. Now in the UK for the account i specified, paypal transferred an amount of cash and to verify i had to state what this was. So if THB is not supported, how is this performed ? This may not be of importance to me as if it is possible to receive a paypal transfer and transfer out to a thai bank account without some sort of verification then so much the better - however i doubt it. Also I do not want to do a test and find that i get myself blacklisted or some such thing - would just like to draw on peoples experience so far....

TIA

can someone correct me if i am wrong ?

---

i log into paypal

give my name ,my adress in los and my account in los

then they send some to my account (verification)

and than it works ??? :D

or i have a account somewhere and can add a thaiaccount to that ...

---

thanks

:D

The whole verification thing is done with your credit card. They will charge a small amount and send a code with the debit booking. Your account will be verified when you enter that code.

You won't need to verify the Thai bank account after that. I have been able to withdraw to the Thai bank account immediately. However, you won't be able to withdraw anything with an unverified account. So it is bank account plus credit card if you want do witdraw to a Thai bank account. The bank account alone won't do it.

TIA

Thanks for the reply - so would this work with a non-thai issued credit card, ie a card issued in the UK ?

Also how funny are paypal over addresses - say would a post office PO box be ok ? (I think i know the answer to this allready!)

Cheers & TIA

Is it possible to get "verified" status (and so be able to withdraw to a thai bank account) with a non-thai credit card or the use of a thai bank account ?

I dont have a thai issued credit card, visa electron card or atm card...

TIA

Bump - nobodies talking - does anyone know ?

"Is it possible to get "verified" status (and so be able to withdraw to a thai bank account) with a non-thai credit card or the use of a thai bank account ?

TIA"

Would it be possible to fill a paysbuys account with cash from a credit card and then have that transferred to a thai bank account ?

TIA again...

"Is it possible to get "verified" status (and so be able to withdraw to a thai bank account) with a non-thai credit card or the use of a thai bank account ?

TIA"

Would it be possible to fill a paysbuys account with cash from a credit card and then have that transferred to a thai bank account ?

TIA again...

Yes it is possible, but the credit card you are going to use cannot be used for any other account. I just added a foreign credit card to my account and then verified it and everything went through without any problems. The only problem that I can see you running into is getting the verification number from your credit card statement if it gets delivered to your home country. If you have internet banking set up on your credit card, then no worries as you can just log in and get the number.

You don't need a thai credit card or even an atm card to add a thai bank account, just the account number.

Once everything is set up, you can transfer from the credit card to your thai account. I haven't tried doing it the otherway around yet, but who knows, it may work.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Norrad

After October 1st, registered PayPal users in Thailand will be able to withdrawal funds to their Thai bank accounts.

4. Click 'Add'.

7. You are now able to withdraw funds from your PayPal account to this bank account.

Doesn't appear to be an option from Australia - I only see AUD & USD.

4. Click 'Add'.

Doesn't appear to be an option from Australia - I only see AUD & USD.

Agreed! I just got to Stage 4 and.... only the UK and the USA are options for adding a different countries bank account! So I guess you would need to start a paypal account from scratch! That means going through the rigmoroll of verfying etc! I'll take a pass on that one for now!

I have sucessfully added Kbank account to my Paypal. You need a Thai Paypal account though. Here is a list of the Thai Banks you can add:

paypalbanklist-766902.gif

If someone could translate this list, and post it, that would be cool.

More screen grabs on how it's done...

I am still waiting on the transfer to be sucessfull however. It has now been 5 days (2 business days).

Edited by inthaiguy

TIA"

TIA again...

Yes it is possible, but the credit card you are going to use cannot be used for any other account. I just added a foreign credit card to my account and then verified it and everything went through without any problems. The only problem that I can see you running into is getting the verification number from your credit card statement if it gets delivered to your home country. If you have internet banking set up on your credit card, then no worries as you can just log in and get the number.

You don't need a thai credit card or even an atm card to add a thai bank account, just the account number.

Once everything is set up, you can transfer from the credit card to your thai account. I haven't tried doing it the otherway around yet, but who knows, it may work.

Hope that helps.

Thanks - when you say verification number I take it that this is an amount that paypal deduct or credit to your credit card ? It is not a PIN delivered to the Thai address (at least it doesnt sound like this ).

If it is an amount on a credit card then it is not a problem - however if it is a PIN delivered to my thai address then it will be a problem as i wont be back for a few months. But i would like a cheap way of moving money to a thai bank account in the mean time...

Look forward to comments/further info...

I have sucessfully added Kbank account to my Paypal. You need a Thai Paypal account though. Here is a list of the Thai Banks you can add:

paypalbanklist-766902.gif

If someone could translate this list, and post it, that would be cool.

More screen grabs on how it's done...

I am still waiting on the transfer to be sucessfull however. It has now been 5 days (2 business days).

The thai language forum would help - the first 6 characters of all is tanakaan - which is thai for bank - also in brackets there is often 5 characters - this is mahachon (i think) - not exactly sure what this means but it may be related to the location of the bank

The list of banks is :

<option value="002">ธนาคารกรุงเทพ จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="004">ธนาคารกสิกรไทย จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="005">ธนาคารเอบีเอ็น แอมโร เอ็น.วี.</option>

<option value="006">ธนาคารกรุงไทย จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="008">ธนาคารเจพีมอร์แกน เชส สาขากรุงเทพ</option>

<option value="010">ธนาคารแห่งโตเกียว-มิตซูบิชิ จำกัด สาขากรุงเทพ</option>

<option value="011">ธนาคารทหารไทย จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="012">ธนาคารทหารไทย จำกัด (มหาชน) (เดิม ธนาคารดีบีเอส ไทยทนุ)</option>

<option value="014">ธนาคารไทยพาณิชย์ จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="015">ธนาคารนครหลวงไทย จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="017">ธนาคารซิตี้แบงก์, เอ็น.เอ.</option>

<option value="018">ธนาคารซูมิโตโม มิตซุย แบงกิง้คอร์ปอร์เรชั่น</option>

<option value="020">ธนาคาร สแตนดาร์ดชาร์เตอร์ด (ไทย) จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="022">ธนาคารไทยธนาคาร จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="024">ธนาคารยูไนเต็ด โฬเวฬร์ซีส์ (ไทย) จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="025">ธนาคารกรุงศรีอยุธยา จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="026">ธนาคารสากลพาณิชย์แห่งประเทศจีน</option>

<option value="027">ธนาคารแห่งอเมริกา เนชันแนลแอสโซซิเอชั่น</option>

<option value="028">ธนาคารคาลิยง</option>

<option value="030">ธนาคารออมสิน</option>

<option value="031">ธนาคารฮ่องกงและเซี่ยงไฮ้ฯ จำกัด</option>

<option value="032">ธนาคารดอยซ์แบงก์</option>

<option value="033">ธนาคารอาคารสงเคราะห์</option>

<option value="039">ธนาคารมิซูโฮ คอร์ปอร์เรต จำกัด</option>

<option value="065">ธนาคารธนชาต จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="067">ธนาคารทิสโก้ จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="069">ธนาคารเกียรตินาคิน จำกัด (มหาชน)</option>

<option value="072">ธนาคารจีอี มันนี่ เพื่อรายย่อย จำกัด (มหาชน)</option></select><script language="JavaScript"

With this - extracted from the source of the pagfe you can use an automated translator - thai2english.com may help - also you'll need to have thai support on your pc to see the above chars properly

Ok so now have a thai paypal account - but cannot add a non-thai credit card - tried twice and this wa the result...

----Start

We apologize for the problem you encountered while adding a credit card to your

PayPal account. The instructions below have helped most of our customers who

have encountered similar problems.

Why can't I add my credit card?

Your credit card ending in 1814 could not be added because we were unable to

verify your credit card billing address. This is the address where you receive

billing statements for this card.

One possible problem could be that you entered a different address than the one

where you receive your bills for this card. If this is the case, the solution

is as easy as entering the correct billing address.

If you continue to encounter difficulties entering your billing address, please

go through the following set of troubleshooting questions:

Is your address spelled correctly?

PayPal verifies the billing address with your credit card provider. Please be

sure that you have entered the address exactly as it is printed on your billing

statements.

Have you moved recently?

If so, be sure that you are entering the exact address where you receive your

billing statements for this card.

Is your home phone number accurate?

Check that the home phone number we have on file for you is correct.

Does your credit card issuer have more than one address on file for you?

If your bank has two addresses on file for you, be sure to enter the address

your credit card issuer considers your primary address. This address may be

different than the address where you receive your statements.

Is this a new credit card?

If so, be sure you have activated your card with your credit card provider

before trying to add it to your account.

How do I fix this problem?

1. Go to www.paypal.com/row.

2. Log in to your account.

3. Go to the "Profile" subtab of the "My Account" tab and select the "Credit

Card" link in the Financial Information menu.

4. Enter your credit card information.

5. Enter the address where you receive billing statements for this card.

6. Click the "Add Credit Card" button.

Please note: the billing address field will be automatically set to your

primary street address. If you DO NOT receive credit card bills at this

address, click the "Enter New Billing Address" field, and enter the exact

address where you receive billing statements for this card. (You may want to

refer to your last credit card statement, and follow any abbreviations or

spacing used in the printing of your address).

After following the steps above, if you still receive an error about your

billing address the website will automatically request that you proceed through

an alternative card verification process the third time you try to add your

card.

Why does PayPal verify my credit card billing address?

In order to protect our customers, PayPal is constantly working to ensure the

integrity of our payment network and to eliminate the threat of fraud.

Verifying credit card billing addresses is just one of the stringent checks we

make so that none of our members will fall victim to fraud.

Sincerely,

PayPal

-----End

So looks like gotta have a thai address but doesnt have to be a thai credit/debit card. So next plan is to get one of my cards addresses changed for a month or so to my thai address then try again - also as it says got to be the main address - some companies will allow several addresses but not sure if they happy with a thai address as main - will be finding out.

So this makes me think - if i fund from a credit card :

* is the transation a purchase or a money advance (prefer purchase!)

* as I have USD and GBP in the account when the deduction is done it will be in GBP ? - so i will not have to pay currency conversion charges with the credit card co - i have 3 cards that i dont have to pay this but others that do charge currency conversion but i also get cash back

So the good news is - it appears that i can withdraw to a thai bank account in my name, and fund the account by sending cash from my uk paypal account. However as it is unverified there is a limit on the amount that can be withdrawn - not sure how much this is for a thai account - but i know for uk is something like 1.5K GBP - quite alot of bahts!

I guess if the verification doesnt work out, what i could do is just get a new paypal account - different email and change my thai address slightly - not sure if using the same thai bank account would be a problem.

Also if you wanted to transfer cash to someone else all you gotta do is create a new paypal account for them in their name (will need to type the thai name in exactly as it is on their bank account and in thai characters) - send them the cash from your main paypal account then login to your receivers thai paypal account and with draw to their thai bank account.

Would be interested to know the paypal exchage rates compared to interbank rates and what the limits are on an unverified account. Also all the above assumnes you can withdraw to a thai bank account with an unverified paypal account - if anyone can comment on these and the questions raised above many people will benefit (quite a few "poor" thais too maybe as it sure beats western union, travellers cheque cards, and most countries bank transfer fees for smallish amounts of farang currencies....