Ubon Ratchathani To Sisaket

Krub

Hi,

It will be my first time in South Isaan for a short visit to a smal village near Sisaket.

I plan to rent a car at Ubon Ratchathani airport and drive to Sisaket.

Any idea for 'off aiprort' rent a cars ?

Can I do the trip from airport to Sisaket in 1 or 2 hours ?

Thanks

Edited by Krub

Don't know of other "car rentals", but you should be able to get to Sisaket in about one hour/or less than 90 minutes.

:o

Thanks, sounds great. It seems that Budget has a desk at the airport. i probably will use them as it is only for a few days.

Which immigration office would be 'easy access' from Sisaket for a one year extension on retirement visa ?

Edited by Krub

Don't know of other "car rentals", but you should be able to get to Sisaket in about one hour/or less than 90 minutes.

Thanks, sounds great. It seems that Budget has a desk at the airport. i probably will use them as it is only for a few days.

Which immigration office would be 'easy access' from Sisaket for a one year extension on retirement visa ?

Ubon airport has 3 (I think) rental offices - Budget, Wattana and another. I have used Wattana and was happy with the service. They provide a free driver - if you don't want him, you have to pay a 10,000 deposit on the vehicle.

Bergen is right about driving times - however, there are a lot of road-works on that road at the moment, try to do the journey during daylight. Some of the road has no markings, in places a lane ceases to exist, etc.

There is an immigration office in Phibun if you want to use that before heading down to Sisaket (but it is an hour in the wrong direction).

Ubon airport has 3 (I think) rental offices - Budget, Wattana and another. I have used Wattana and was happy with the service. They provide a free driver - if you don't want him, you have to pay a 10,000 deposit on the vehicle.

Bergen is right about driving times - however, there are a lot of road-works on that road at the moment, try to do the journey during daylight. Some of the road has no markings, in places a lane ceases to exist, etc.

There is an immigration office in Phibun if you want to use that before heading down to Sisaket (but it is an hour in the wrong direction).

Thanks for those details, any contact number for Wattana ?

Hi,there is also an immigration office in Phusing about an hour drive from Sisaket.It is between Sisaket and Surin just past a town called Khukahn.Very helpful there as they do not get a lot of business.

Ubon to Sisaket will take you about 50 minutes driving - if you want to get ripped of on the car rental, by all means do it at the airport. Do you need the car to take you there or do you need the car for transport whilst you are in Sisaket? Do you need a driver or are you happy driving yourself?

Do you really need the car? there are very good rail links and buses to get you to Sisaket that will cost no where near The cost of car rental- there are car rental places in the town that will cost you a lot less a day with a driver than the airport places will charge and the driver will meet you at the airport - would you like to give more information as to what you need? How many days are you staying and will you need a driver or will you drive yourself?

Phibun Mangsahan is the place for your visa and they are very nice and helpfull but as he said - it is in the wrong direction and would be a 2 hour journey from Sisaket with maybe a 1 or 2 hour wait for your visa if all you documents are correct.

I can get you some in town rental prices quite easily providing you tell me if you need a driver or not. If you want a driver that will stay with you you would need to pay his very cheap accommodation charges or have the people you are going to see put him up.

Ubon to Sisaket will take you about 50 minutes driving - if you want to get ripped of on the car rental, by all means do it at the airport. Do you need the car to take you there or do you need the car for transport whilst you are in Sisaket? Do you need a driver or are you happy driving yourself?

Do you really need the car? there are very good rail links and buses to get you to Sisaket that will cost no where near The cost of car rental- there are car rental places in the town that will cost you a lot less a day with a driver than the airport places will charge and the driver will meet you at the airport - would you like to give more information as to what you need? How many days are you staying and will you need a driver or will you drive yourself?

Phibun Mangsahan is the place for your visa and they are very nice and helpfull but as he said - it is in the wrong direction and would be a 2 hour journey from Sisaket with maybe a 1 or 2 hour wait for your visa if all you documents are correct.

I can get you some in town rental prices quite easily providing you tell me if you need a driver or not. If you want a driver that will stay with you you would need to pay his very cheap accommodation charges or have the people you are going to see put him up.

Hi,

Thanks for your offer to help.

When I started to travel to Uttaradit I used the airport car rentals the first times and then made 'friends' in town for cheaper alternatives.

I am aware that it will be the same in Ubon.

I generaly prefer to drive myself as I will have a Thai friend with me(no problems with directions). The schedule for the moment make me arrive in Ubon on 31 March afternoon and leave on 4 April next year.

I have my one year extension valid until mid 2007 but would have liked to go and see and talk to the immigration in Phibun Mangsahan to show them my papers and see if they are confortable with issuing the etxtensions as my local Nan office has done for the last couple of years

Cheers

Sorry, can't find anything at the moment... will check with my wife later, I think she kept a card....

Cheers,

Mike

Contact details for Wattana:

Tel (045) 242202, 241906, 243443, 243456

Mobile: 01-9679796, 09-8466675

(They have an office in town and a desk at the airport).

The other two at the airport are Budget and one who's name is only written in Thai....

Cheers,

Mike

Sorry, can't find anything at the moment... will check with my wife later, I think she kept a card....

Cheers,

Mike

Contact details for Wattana:

Tel (045) 242202, 241906, 243443, 243456

Mobile: 01-9679796, 09-8466675

(They have an office in town and a desk at the airport).

The other two at the airport are Budget and one who's name is only written in Thai....

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks

March next year is a long way away from now - when you get close to the date and confirm your travel details I could help you in any way you wish but giving help 6 months before the fact seems a little silly!

There are a lot of car rental places and the costs depend on what you want to rent and how long for !

It is the same here as there - you want a days rent it is expensive - you want a week and it goes down, you want a month and it gets cheaper.

For a 5 day rental look at B1000 a day but it may go up to B1500 - you need to ask again closer to the date your coming - give me a shout and I will get my lads to go ask - we could meet you at the airport but 6 months away is too far to think about at the moment!

March next year is a long way away from now - when you get close to the date and confirm your travel details I could help you in any way you wish but giving help 6 months before the fact seems a little silly!

There are a lot of car rental places and the costs depend on what you want to rent and how long for !

It is the same here as there - you want a days rent it is expensive - you want a week and it goes down, you want a month and it gets cheaper.

For a 5 day rental look at B1000 a day but it may go up to B1500 - you need to ask again closer to the date your coming - give me a shout and I will get my lads to go ask - we could meet you at the airport but 6 months away is too far to think about at the moment!

Thanks for your offer. Will be in touch neare to the date

Send me a PM or better still, drop me a mail closer to the date - I can definitely get you the info and may even be able to get you a friends car to rent - your coming during school holidays!

[email protected]

Yes I am to attend a military service 'drawing' near Sisaket which is held I believe during the school holidays

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just wanted to thank all who contributed to making it easier for me to plan my trip to the Sisaket area.

Due to the fact that the planes will most probably fly from good old Don Muang, I have decided to rent a car at Suvanabhumi airport and drive from there. I will be able to see somthing enroute and save on the air fares. My flight from Singapore lands around 10am and it shoulb be possible for me to arrive in Sisaket before too late the same evening.

I plan on a one night at the Kessiri Hotel which has Wifi (I was told) and will be looking around for something else while there.

The whole trip will be only 8 days and I will spend most of my time in a small village called Khun Han (south of Sisaket near road 24)

Looking forward to my first visit in south Isaan

The whole trip will be only 8 days and I will spend most of my time in a small village called Khun Han (south of Sisaket near road 24)

If you still think you may use an immigration office Khun Han is very close to the Phu Sing office.

If you still think you may use an immigration office Khun Han is very close to the Phu Sing office.

I probably will look them up for a later use. Good to know they are near. Will try to find out while there.

Also would like to look up some western food place(s) in Sisaket while there

Send me a PM or better still, drop me a mail closer to the date - I can definitely get you the info and may even be able to get you a friends car to rent - your coming during school holidays!

[email protected]

Yes I am to attend a military service 'drawing' near Sisaket which is held I believe during the school holidays

Now the road between Sisaket and Ubon is finished and it shouldt take 45 - 50 Minutes from the airport. may you think , hire a Pickup incl. Driver fot the trip, they will charge you round about 800 - 1000 Baht.

If you haven't booked you Hotel, check our information Isaan-Forum.

Regards