CCTV footage enlisted in hunt for Yingluck

webfact

CCTV footage enlisted in hunt for Yingluck

By Wasamon Audjarint 
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Authorities are becoming more convinced that fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has fled the country as evidence is pulled together from scattered CCTV cameras.

Although there has been no response yet to requests for information from foreign countries, Thai authorities have made some progress tracking Yingluck, Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said on Tuesday.

Yingluck has not been seen since failing to appear at the verdict reading in the case related to her government’s rice-pledging scheme on August 25.

Prawit said security officers would be tracking Yingluck using the same methods employed in locating the suspect in the bomb attack on Phramongkutklao hospital in May.

Officers took about three weeks to discover that 62-year-old Wattana Poomaret planted a pipe bomb in a vase decorating a VIP room located on the first floor of the hospital.

Prawit refused to elaborate further on progress in the Yingluck case, saying that authorities would need time to connect CCTV footage from various sources to figure out what had happened.

However, he said it had become more and more clear that Yongluck had fled the country. He could not say how much longer the investigation would take.

Thai authorities have contacted more than 190 countries via the Interpol network, but none has responded as to Yingluck’s possible whereabouts, he said.

Although he is due to attend a bilateral joint Cabinet meeting in Cambodia on Thursday, Prawit said it was still to be decided whether Thai authorities would ask for assistance from Phnon Penh regarding Yingluck’s possible escape route.

He also reiterated that Thai authorities were not involved in, nor had consented to, Yingluck’s escape.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30325859

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-05

Thai authorities were not involved in, nor had consented to, Yingluck’s escape

With the exception of some unusually wealthy immigration border agents along the Cambodian border.  The same ones who allowed thousands of Uighurs to illegally enter Thailand without passports in a white-washed human trafficking ring.

7 minutes ago, Thailand said:

And Yingluck is not going to say anything whilst her son is still under the protection of the military so they can huff and puff as much as they like toeing the ptb line.

Yes I doubt she would have left her son without a guarantee of his safety

Thailand and its constantly escaping "Wanted" VIPs must be a standing joke in Interpol and the countries they ask for information, days or weeks after the fact, pretending the authorities know nothing about said person's whereabouts. Where's Wally? :whistling:

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I am interested to see what happens if all those connected CCTV cameras implicate senior people that Prayut assured us were not involved.

Pretty sure at the slightest hint of cctv footage indicating collusion by those who aint supposed to, a statement claiming that the cameras were malfunctioning at the time of the event will be made, same as happened when the democracy plaque in Royal Plaza was mysteriously replaced.

Just now, coulson said:

Cctv coverage is reliable?

They're learning, pretend to be dumb as they follow up the real leads.

Still might as well just wait until she posts on Facebook from somewhere in Europe.

The majority of working cctv's in Thailand will only confirm the already well known fact that soi dogs simply love the air conditioning outside the automatic doors at the 7-eleven.

And they can't track her phone or bankaccounts or emails?

From me they have everything to track me down and i never ever had any criminal record....To get my visa they let me bring extra documents (which are asked for on their website) like i'm a bad criminal...

I don't believe anything of this bs.....

49 minutes ago, Thian said:

And they can't track her phone or bankaccounts or emails?

From me they have everything to track me down and i never ever had any criminal record....To get my visa they let me bring extra documents (which are asked for on their website) like i'm a bad criminal...

I don't believe anything of this bs.....

just use her kid to get her to return. easy as that.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:52 PM, darksidedog said:

I am interested to see what happens if all those connected CCTV cameras implicate senior people that Prayut assured us were not involved.

Do you honestly think you would ever know if they ever were involved?

Edited by maxcorrigan
more info.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:52 PM, darksidedog said:

Absolutely nothing will happen.