The Best Burger in Bangkok

Looking at the picture above I find it amazing that you think that is the best burger in town.

But then, maybe that is American taste...

This one is much better, and only 5min away from Nana. But I won't tell you where it is. 😉

image.jpeg.6406ba2cf45df02fea0f7c894252d34f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Oh God I want one. They remind me of White Castle

I miss sliders.  In high school, we'd go in and buy 30 of them for a carload of us.  Then order more...

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

I love a great burger, but I'm not willing to go clean across town to get one.  Next time I'm on Sukhumvit, I'll gladly try it out. 

When I'm staying in Chinatown, I like Burger236 very close to the Hua Lamphong station and MRT.  It's not the best burger in Bangkok, but very satisfactory in addition to being inexpensive.  Worth a try if you're in Chinatown.  Tiny place with just a few seats so I usually got one to go with 2 orders of fries because one just wasn't enough.

On a related note, I miss the Carl's Jr that used to be there (Nana), Soi 22, and Silom.  Good fast food burgers and the only place that I recall having bottomless brewed ice tea, which is one of my weaknesses when it's hot outside.  Also good fries.

I think I have had one there, good burgers albiet a bit small.

Can you imagine if there was an In and Out in Bangkok? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Egg on a hamburger?  You must be from California. 

Eggs and Burger are Manna.

Ever have Loco Moco?

• Thumbs Up 1

I also miss Carls Jr. as well as Wendy's.

In my mind  nothings compares to the In&Out Burger but it's highly unlikely they'll ever come to Thailand.     In and out is owned by the billionaire daughter of the the company founder and she's been very reluctant to expand the chain's footprint.

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

I miss sliders.  In high school, we'd go in and buy 30 of them for a carload of us.  Then order more...

Hi school? Ive never stopped. When Im in the states Ill buy the frozen ones if I have too...by the case. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Can you imagine if there was an In and Out in Bangkok? 

When I lived in SoCal in the 90's, I thought it was a toss up between Carl's Jr and In 'n Out.  But Carl's Jr. may have changed in the hookup with Hardee's.  And I haven't been to any In 'n Out's in 20 years, though they are in Texas now.  Too far from the butt end of Galveston where I live.

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at the picture above I find it amazing that you think that is the best burger in town.

But then, maybe that is American taste...

This one is much better, and only 5min away from Nana. But I won't tell you where it is. 😉

image.jpeg.6406ba2cf45df02fea0f7c894252d34f.jpeg

NO ... as thought the same thing.  Looked OK, but best ... nah, and I'm a Yank.

We could use a updated Burger thread, for those not partial to Thai food when out & about, away from Bangkok, as plenty of options there.

If happen to be down my way, this is one of the best around, and sets up at the weekend night market, surfside, unless ordered early, their will be a Q:

image.png.590cfce79beae25e2a7fff2814cc80b6.png

If happen to be at Betong, Yala, not sure about best, but best value for sure, maybe all TH.

Burger Bar, double beef burger, all of ฿104:

image.png.bb4a8108b70ac0ea718997e8f533dbe7.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

When I lived in SoCal in the 90's, I thought it was a toss up between Carl's Jr and In 'n Out.  But Carl's Jr. may have changed in the hookup with Hardee's.  And I haven't been to any In 'n Out's in 20 years, though they are in Texas now.  Too far from the butt end of Galveston where I live.

In the SF Bay Area the local was Nations. I guess still is.

https://www.nationsrestaurants.com/

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

From the Minneapolis area been eating them since the mid 50's we use cruise Lake Street and University a lot 12 for a dollar, last time I had any was almost two years ago, miss them rats with hats, that is what we called the cheese burgers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Hi school? Ive never stopped. When Im in the states Ill buy the frozen ones if I have too...by the case. 

I went to high school in Illinois where White Castle was all over.  Not so much in Texas where I went to college and lived for the most part.  And between Ruby's, Carl's Jr and In 'n Out, I never even looked for them in SoCal.  Ruby's, BTW, mostly for the scenery on Huntington Beach pier.  Their burgers were good, but not world class.  The location was.

50 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Oh God I want one. They remind me of White Castle

White Castles are the cheapest burgers around. They of course don't compare to a real home made burger but when I pass a White castle I will definitely buy a bag.

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

Lived in Texas from 1985 to 2018. San Antonio area. There are quite a few good burger places but the two chains that were okay was In and Out and Carl's Jr.

Interesting topic about burgers in Bangkok (<<< that's in Thailand) turn into "when I was a kid I went to Mexican border". 

However, that burger from Sizzler is pretty good as long as it was not reheated fifth time. The worst one is in Mc.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Interesting topic about burgers in Bangkok (<<< that's in Thailand) turn into "when I was a kid I went to Mexican border". 

Context is important.  Gotta have something to compare it to.

Edit:  Also doesn't hurt the forum to discuss shared experiences that make us more alike than a lot of posters would think, based on the catfights we see so often.

Edited by impulse

41 minutes ago, impulse said:

Ah Galveston, Galveston my old stomping grounds. Guidos still there, pronounced GuyDohs

41 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

NO ... as thought the same thing.  Looked OK, but best ... nah, and I'm a Yank.

We could use a updated Burger thread, for those not partial to Thai food when out & about, away from Bangkok, as plenty of options there.

If happen to be down my way, this is one of the best around, and sets up at the weekend night market, surfside, unless ordered early, their will be a Q:

image.png.590cfce79beae25e2a7fff2814cc80b6.png

If happen to be at Betong, Yala, not sure about best, but best value for sure, maybe all TH.

Burger Bar, double beef burger, all of ฿104:

image.png.bb4a8108b70ac0ea718997e8f533dbe7.png

Commenting without ever having tried one, then giving us the cheap Charlie Burger in a place that nobody's going to go to. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Commenting without ever having tried one, then giving us the cheap Charlie Burger in a place that nobody's going to go to. 

I'm pretty sure I've had the Nana burger, if memory serves, and usually does.  

Definitely had the 2 that  I posted about, and the one at Betong, I enjoyed 10 days ago.  Not everyone stays in their '15 minute city'  ...  :coffee1:

Here's a much better photo of the Nana Burger:

image.png.0bd8affa3c5043e907cb433d64dbb55b.png

So hot ... the cheese didn't melt yet.   Taste depends a lot on how hungry, or how drunk one is.   If same, decent burger though, and close to Ibis, where we have stayed, too many times.

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Im from the USA and am therefore an expert on burgers of all variations.

The best burger in Bangkok is at Nana Burger across from Nana Plaza. Seriously.

They come off the grill so hot and juicy they will burn your hand.

The secret is that they are cooked in conjuction with sweet grilled onions.

Its insanely tasty with egg, cheese, bacon. $6 ish with a coke.

The atmosphere is "interesting". If you are down there anyway, try one. If you arent, go down there and try one, no one will hurt you.

Op.. As you are a 'serious expert on burgers of all variations'.... 

I'd recommend you give 'Easy Burger' a try....    Opposite Cheap Charlies at On Nut (Sukhumvit 50).

(I think they just opened a new Branch in Phrom Pong too)

IMO - thats the best burger I've had in Bangkok. 

The next best Burger I've had is in Japan. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Also doesn't hurt the forum to discuss shared experiences that make us more alike than a lot of posters would think, based on the catfights we see so often.

Nicely put. Agree

• Like 1