Chiang Mai Doesn’t Cheat Project Started After Thailand’s Corruption Ranking Drops

snoop1130

Chiang Mai Doesn’t Cheat Project Started After Thailand’s Corruption Ranking Drops

by CityNews

parade.jpg

CityNews – An Anti-Corruption Project was launched by Chiang Mai Justice Provincial Office under the tag line “Chiang Mai Doesn’t Cheat (เชียงใหม่ไม่โกง)” after the overall national corruption rating of Thailand has increased.

It was reported earlier this year by Transparency International that Thailand’s corruption ranking dropped to 101st in 2016 Corruption Perception Index from 76th place a year earlier scoring only 35 out of 100. According to the report by Office of Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission, in the past few years, reports of corruption have increased on average of 2,000 to 3,000 cases per year.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/chiang-mai-doesnt-cheat-project-started-after-thailands-corruption-ranking-drops/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-9-5

" The project will began with a 2-day event on September 4th to 5th with activities and a parade from Three Kings Monument to The Empress Hotel followed by a seminar that targets government officers, private employees and students. "

Yeah, that ought to fix it.

I doubt if any military or police officers will attend the seminar, but so long as the students are there (the real source of Thailand's corruption) everything should be cleaned up in two days.

When the students (and others...) expect and accept corruption, then there is no fix.

Can't imagine a better way of starting, except what we read here, the old TV "Thai people are all corrupt, can't expect anything else". I'm prepared to be surprised.

52 minutes ago, Ruffian Dick said:

When the students (and others...) expect and accept corruption, then there is no fix.

Can't imagine a better way of starting, except what we read here, the old TV "Thai people are all corrupt, can't expect anything else". I'm prepared to be surprised.

When the country is run by the military with help from the police and civil service, and the military, police and civil service are the source and beneficiaries of the country's corruption, students won't be able to accomplish much.

I suppose they could protest, demand transparency and accountability, maybe even (god help them) elections!  I think we all know how that would end.

4 hours ago, Ruffian Dick said:

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

When the country is run by the military with help from the police and civil service, and the military, police and civil service are the source and beneficiaries of the country's corruption, students won't be able to accomplish much.

I suppose they could protest, demand transparency and accountability, maybe even (god help them) elections!  I think we all know how that would end.

I agree.  I almost feel sorry for the younger generation.

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

agreed; the corrupters are from previous generations; they believe corruption is quite ok

Chiang Mai is already a better place than Bangkok. Whereas cheating in the City of Angels(???) is commonplace, in Chiang Mai people are nice and more honest. In fact, the air is cleaner, the prices are cheaper and even the food is better in Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai doesn't need a campaign to end corruption, it needs and deserves recognition that it is already better than BKK in many many respects!

13 hours ago, barefootbangkok said:

Chiang Mai is already a better place than Bangkok. Whereas cheating in the City of Angels(???) is commonplace, in Chiang Mai people are nice and more honest. In fact, the air is cleaner, the prices are cheaper and even the food is better in Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai doesn't need a campaign to end corruption, it needs and deserves recognition that it is already better than BKK in many many respects!

Yeah, but that would just make it more crowded with tourists.