Pattaya Tourist Police Volunteers

CharlesDavid

Going only by memory, I don't recall any recent beach attacks during this so-called high season. In fact, have a look at Beach road at night. There is a visible presence of volunteer police often with their vehicle lights flashing. I can only hope this endeavor carries on for the rest of the year.

While I scratch my head that the Tourist Police hot line 1155 that is widely published is manned by a Thai national with limited English by day (give it a test if you don't believe me), I'm still happy the TPV are amongst us.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into an all out attack on TPV. :o

While I've had several good experiences with the Pattaya Police and the Tourist Police.. Both helpful and very quick to get my problems sorted.. I can't imagine why normal guys would want to dress up in a Toytown ''rent a cop'' uniform complete with flashlight and cuffs and ponce around in Walking st. Especially as everybody else goes there to enjoy themselves. Do they lack friends? maybe they retired too early? If a farang that lives here is so desperate for companionship maybe he should buy a pet. Sorry to be so negative but they really are a hopeless looking t***s. As for the volenteers that go into GoGo's etc to report ''leud shows'' etc. maybe they could enrol in Sunday school if they are that worried about other people's morals...end of rant :o

Don't I remember this original poster saying much the same thing a year or two ago?

We were discussing H*****d M*****r and his preoccupation with TPV business.

Anyway - when the Volunteers were set up, I thought it a good idea - tourists needing help, maybe a bit distreught, might be able to describe their problems better to a fellow countryman who would then assist the real TPs to solve the problem.

But when they started wearing uniforms / acting as undercover agents in go-gos and so on, then the whole original principle is lost.

I think the responses to this are very rude. I personally would never volunteer to be a tourist police, but how can you judge the motivation of a person who does? Humanity is incredibly diverse and the world needs cops and maybe even volunteer tourist cops, so to those who are so quick to judge, maybe it is you who needs to get a life.

I think the responses to this are very rude. I personally would never volunteer to be a tourist police, but how can you judge the motivation of a person who does? Humanity is incredibly diverse and the world needs cops and maybe even volunteer tourist cops, so to those who are so quick to judge, maybe it is you who needs to get a life.

This is well put. Thanks for clarifying my thoughts exactly. I have no problems with them and am happy they are there.

Come on then, Tell us all, what real things does a Falang TPV really do

That a good trained Thai police officer cant do.

I think your list will be a bit short.

As for your comments about judging people.

Please remember the Op has asked an incredibly stupid question

Because the answer is down on walking street, straight from the horses mouth.

Or at the police station, why come here and ask?

He sounds like the type of person that would not make a good TPV officer to me.

Think he lacks a few skills all ready.

Or it’s just a wind up, Troll post and all that. Or a sad-o who’s never even been in Thailand.

My self I go with the Troll post.

I won’t comment anymore on this thread.

But we still want to see your list.

Have a nice day.

:o