1year extension Non O Thai Child Chaeng Wattana

I'm going to CW to do my annual extension of stay based on having a Thai child but I've left it late as far as my "admitted until" date is concerned.

According to that, I need to leave the country on the13th September but I don't think they give you the extension stamp there and then even if you satisfy the criteria.

I'm told the immigration officer gives you a 30 day waiting stamp and then you return 30 days later and then they stamp your passport with the extension.

Do I still need to leave the country on the 13th or does the "waiting" stamp give me a 30 day extension of sorts?

Went yesterday. Got "under consideration" stamp in my passport; gotta go back next month.

Thought I'd share the little nuances with anyone who might be in a similar boat

Expect the IO to ask you bring a photo of you and your kid standing in front of any school/kindergarten he/she might attend together with a letter from the school showing the child being registered there.

Although, according to the rules, the 400K doesn't have to be seasoned for 2 months like retirement extensions, the IO asked if i had any other statements from other accounts to show because I only transferred 250k from another Thai account 2 days before the trip to CW.

Last time I went, it was refused because I didn't have the room in my passport (Duh!) The IO at the time said I should bring the letter from the embassy that comes with the new passport.

I brought it yesterday - IO says "What's this?" and tosses it back to me.

I've got a contact who can do all this nonsense for 25k - No income proof, all you need is the birth certificate, mother's ID, house book stuff. Passport comes back with the "under consideration" stamp and the extension stamp at the same time.

I just want to be 100% legal but I can see why he's making a mint.

Personally, I don't mind the hoops - it's only once a year, after all - but you don't know which IO has which criteria.

Edited by Thai Ron

• 4 weeks later...