Reasons why car wax better than glass coating, where do you wax ?

bleble

Hello,

Can you tell me where you wax your car in Bangkok or Chonburi Pattaya ?

I previously paid for glass coating but finally I think that waxing a car every 2 months is better, because when you pay for glass coating you expect it to last for years and will never know exactly when it has gone.

At least with wax you know that you did it 2 months ago, not years ago !

Thank you.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I wax mine in my carport

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Me too. That way I can ensure a decent job and don't have to worry about them scratching my car with their dangling jewelry or belt buckles or worse burning through my paint with a rotary mop. 

Glass coating at a reputable shop used to dealing with high end cars is one thing. Local car wash and polish for a few hundred baht is another. Too risky for me thanks.

Edited by Pdaz

1 hour ago, eezergood said:

still on the fence about this glass coating 

I'd buy a decent exhaust system (or even a reamp of the ecu) with that money and wax myself:) Only takes an hour every month or so. Decent wax can last quite a while, and a spray wax to keep it shiny during the week. 

11 hours ago, DavisH said:

I'd buy a decent exhaust system (or even a reamp of the ecu) with that money and wax myself:) Only takes an hour every month or so. Decent wax can last quite a while, and a spray wax to keep it shiny during the week. 

But it's hot around her e!!!

Hello,

Can you tell me where you wax your car in Bangkok or Chonburi Pattaya ?

I previously paid for glass coating but finally I think that waxing a car every 2 months is better, because when you pay for glass coating you expect it to last for years and will never know exactly when it has gone.

At least with wax you know that you did it 2 months ago, not years ago !

Thank you.
Ours get ceramic coated every 3 months for 3 years. Whether its better than waxing, I dont know, but I'm happy with it.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

Ours get ceramic coated every 3 months for 3 years. Whether its better than waxing, I dont know, but I'm happy with it.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Sorry but just like most customers who paid 20000 or 30000+ for a 3 years plan, YOU ARE DREAMING.

Of course your car won't be recoated every 3 months for 3 years, you paid for a plan and then pay every 3 months to clean your car and check if coating is still ok. In case it would not be ok they could recoat it, but as you will never be able to know if it is still coated, there is no chance that they redo it.

Sorry but your reply clearly shows that like most people who paid this amount, you will never know what they will do to your car.

Paying 20000+ is insane because they spent less than 3000 on the coating chemical used on your car, and even if they would coat it 1 more time within 3 years, it means only 6000 spent...

This is why I paid for 1 time coating and not a 3 years scam plan.

Sorry for the bad news, but this is the truth.

Also, as you and me are not able to know if the car needs to be coated again, I am sure that I won;'t spent money on this ridiculous treatment anymore: waxing every 2 months in clearly the only way to be sure that a car is protected.

So I will go back to old style waxing.

Edited by bleble

Sorry but just like most customers who paid 20000 or 30000+ for a 3 years plan, YOU ARE DREAMING.

Of course your car won't be recoated every 3 months for 3 years, you paid for a plan and then pay every 3 months to clean your car and check if coating is still ok. In case it would not be ok they could recoat it, but as you will never be able to know if it is still coated, there is no chance that they redo it.
Sorry but your reply clearly shows that like most people who paid this amount, you will never know what they will do to your car.

Paying 20000+ is insane because they spent less than 3000 on the coating chemical used on your car, and even if they would coat it 1 more time within 3 years, it means only 6000 spent...

This is why I paid for 1 time coating and not a 3 years scam plan.
Sorry for the bad news, but this is the truth.

Also, as you and me are not able to know if the car needs to be coated again, I am sure that I won;'t spent money on this ridiculous treatment anymore: waxing every 2 months in clearly the only way to be sure that a car is protected.
So I will go back to old style waxing.

I'll tell my wife, who watches them do it, that she's seeing things. Thanks for the heads-up!

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...