Uk Visa...reason For Return...bank Account?

Hi all.

I'm planning to apply for my g/f visit visa to the UK at the end of this month.

However, she has just given up her job and obviously in the embassy's eyes she has no "reason to return".

We do plan to buy a house together and to that end I have deposited about 2.1 million baht in her Bangkok bank account a year back.

She has a bank book for this account.

The embassy might assume that she could get this money out of the Bangkok bank's branch in London. I'm unsure on this.

Are there any accounts which any of you know of which can only be withdrawn in the LOS? Therefore giving her a reason to return?

Many thanks,

AjarnJohn

Hi all.

However, she has just given up her job and obviously in the embassy's eyes she has no "reason to return".

We do plan to buy a house together and to that end I have deposited about 2.1 million baht in her Bangkok bank account a year back.

The embassy might assume that she could get this money out of the Bangkok bank's branch in London. I'm unsure on this.

Are there any accounts which any of you know of which can only be withdrawn in the LOS? Therefore giving her a reason to return?

Many thanks,

AjarnJohn

I don't think having any amount of money in the bank has any merit with The U.K. Embassy it is at least as likely that their reasoning will go along the lines of 'farang with money puts cash in Thai ladies bank account must be a drug tafficker, human slave trafficker, etc = black refusal stamp in passport and big onward problems .

I suggest that A) you apply for a visa that has an appeal process attached to it, and :D You appraise your Member of Parliament of your application in case you catch an E.C.O. on an off day and he ruins your life plan.!! :o

Edited by fisherd3

She has a bank book for this account. (And probably a debit card)!

What's to stop her drawing this money out of an ATM in the UK. (albeit piecemeal) ? :o

Naka.

Edited by naka

Hi all.

Many thanks,

AjarnJohn

Wow...no disrespect and not being facetious but you are very very fortunate to have a Thai girlfriend in whose sole account you can place over two million baht and feel secure not a baht will be withdrawn for her family or herself whether it be for medical or other reasons . You should marry the lady, as such women are in my experience few and far between. You are a very lucky man.

Do others not agree ?

Hi all.

Many thanks,

AjarnJohn

Hi AjarnJohn,

I don't know how far down the route of marriage you may or may not be?

If all else fails it would be likely, providing you can prove you have sufficient history together, she would be granted an ingagement visa, this lasts for 6 months, but I think extentions can be granted also, in which time they expect you to either marry or she return to thailand.

There are many places in BKK, that offer this service, I think its about £1,000 no visa / no fee. However I'm not sure of the implications there after if she is denied this.

Regards

Arran.

Hi all.

Many thanks,

AjarnJohn

Wow...no disrespect and not being facetious but you are very very fortunate to have a Thai girlfriend in whose sole account you can place over two million baht and feel secure not a baht will be withdrawn for her family or herself whether it be for medical or other reasons . You should marry the lady, as such women are in my experience few and far between. You are a very lucky man.

Do others not agree ?

Yes, I would say you may have found yourself a gem there!!

My friend although a like her and am her friend, gives all the money I give her to her parents or maybe somewhere else not sure yet... but alas we are friends nothing more (at least emotionally that is :-) )