Should I have filed a new TM-30 after re-entry?

I last re-entered Thailand on May 9. I had a valid re-entry permit.  When I re-entered I received a new TM-6 departure card. However, I never re-filed a new TM-30 (the only TM-30 I filed thus shows a departure card number which is now different).
Should I have filed a new TM-30?
No one raised the issue at immigration (Khon Kaen) when I did my 90 day report on August 4.
Should I file a (n accurate) TM-30 now or wait until I do my next 90 day report (November 1), which incidentally will also be the same day I will apply/file my new visa retirement extension?
I of course have not changed my address since I was permanently settled here from when I first arrived under my O visa.  My address listed in the TM-30 is my wife's house and property.

As you are khon kaen no they only require one if you move house.

I am on Non O multi entry i never submit a new tm30 and have never been pulled for it at khon kaen when i apply for 60 day extensions. There pretty good and relaxed here.

Edited by jeab1980

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

I am on Non O multi entry i never submit a new tm30 and have never been pulled for it at khon kaen when i apply for 60 day extensions. There pretty good and relaxed here.

Phitsanulok is the same, no problems at all.

12 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Be careful. It depends on the office here in Chiang Mai they require it.  Don't just listen to a few TVF  'experts' please check yourself.

Not expert but i know as i use khon kaen as you know chiand Mai big diffrence. Local knowledge goes a long way

Edited by jeab1980
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

As you are khon kaen no they only require one if you move house. ...  There pretty good and relaxed here.

Absolutely relaxed ... I'll soon be moving into a new house next door and I'll change it then in October before my next report / extension in November. So the problems will hopefully resolve itself then.  I just wondered if anyone had ever had some problem with it there.

37 minutes ago, avvocato said:

Absolutely relaxed ... I'll soon be moving into a new house next door and I'll change it then in October before my next report / extension in November. So the problems will hopefully resolve itself then.  I just wondered if anyone had ever had some problem with it there.

Yes to be safe i told them of a move i made straight away. However just remembervto put the date of the move on TM28 and TM 30 as the day or the day before you go to immigration. Just in case lol.

Ps they ripped up my TM 28 but the TM 30 was inputed as we waited.

18 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

If you reside in Chiang Mai it is required each time you exit and reenter Thailand.

This is basically also my personal experience. I would like to add that the young lady at CNX immigration in my case added that it's also o.k. to do a TM30 just upon the last re-entry prior next visa renewal, as she partly understood my anger about having to report when returning to my own house, and got fined THB 1,600 for not doing so last time, not knowing that this law from 1978 was re-implemented silently, not in all provinces, but in CNX. But since that, I'm strict and try to return during weekdays and working hours, and go straight from the airport to Promenada TM30 counter on the upper floor to do that, just to show them what nonsense it is - it costs me a tired smile.....

2016 Fine THB 1,600 for missing TM30 23.12.2016.pdf

Confirm Chiang Mai 1600 Bhat fine for not having the never herd of TM30 last week for retirement visa. Won't get caught again to this lunatic money making scam .But at least I kept my cool unlike the old American guy in front of me who let rip at being fleeced  

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Confirm Chiang Mai 1600 Bhat fine for not having the never herd of TM30 last week for retirement visa. Won't get caught again to this lunatic money making scam .But at least I kept my cool unlike the old American guy in front of me who let rip at being fleeced  

What scam?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is actually a law that has been on the books for awhile.  And yes, several offices, including Jomtien are now enforcing it.

To the OP, I would do it now to avoid a delay with your extension.  Either way you may be subject to the 1600.

It has already been confirmed by a fellow Khonkaenite that the OP won't need to file a new TM30 at that particular office - viz:-

On 9/10/2017 at 3:48 PM, jeab1980 said:

17 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

If one can´t accept the laws in  the country they wish to reside in, then one shall not leave the safety of a well known home. Just for your information. 1600 THB is a bargain. Some places take 3000 as maximum fine and even have the right to charge you 5000 THB. Just stop complaining and start to know where you live and stay.

Yes every time you leave the country as you have officially left that Residence even though you will be returning to it according to your extension of stay

Also I bet for those that were told not to worry about it or not needed since same address, they will fine you without any problem if caught with out one

I just got a 800 bht fine for leaving to Lao to get a M O Visa , after a mth of coming back & th Immi Police said every time you leave the country - So that's after every trip to Lao even though at the same address

16 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Yes every time you leave the country as you have officially left that Residence even though you will be returning to it according to your extension of stay

Also I bet for those that were told not to worry about it or not needed since same address, they will fine you without any problem if caught with out one

I just got a 800 bht fine for leaving to Lao to get a M O Visa , after a mth of coming back & th Immi Police said every time you leave the country - So that's after every trip to Lao even though at the same address

Not all offices you should read the posts before trying to worry people unnecessarily.

Whars your immigration office so people know there one of the ones that fine people

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

If one can´t accept the laws in  the country they wish to reside in, then one shall not leave the safety of a well known home. Just for your information. 1600 THB is a bargain. Some places take 3000 as maximum fine and even have the right to charge you 5000 THB. Just stop complaining and start to know where you live and stay.

While that rule is generally true, and I generally agree with the sentiment ... consider that No Warning was given when this old and long-unenforced law was resurrected - and when it was, they took 2 laws (TM-30 and TM-28) and mixed the texts of them together in posters and pamphlets, such that folks could be convinced they were somehow responsible for landlord's responsibilities and fines.  

Many people who were fined had lived at the same location reported on their 90-day reports and/or TM-6 forms for years - most of whom had Thai wives.  Also consider that the way the law is enforced (gone how many days? / for domestic-trips or only international? / required if already doing 90-day reports?) - or not enforced at all (Chang Wattana) - is entirely inconsistent from one office to the next - and inconsistent within individual offices over spans of mere weeks.

Had "first notice" not included fines, and had printed-material not been dishonestly-edited, people might have considered this a redundant and somewhat pointless rule (depending on how enforced), but at least have received fair-warning of the need to comply.  The only reason I was not caught up in this, was because I read reports of others being hit with fines on this forum.

To the extent additional reporting of this nature was needed, what was required was a rewrite of the TM-30 and TM-28 laws which made logical sense, in light of other, concurrent, alien residence-reporting systems.  But, at the very least, all "first encounters" with this resurrected-law should have consisted of nothing but a warning - not a fine demanded, plus a "readout" of all past "violations" (from a time when there was zero enforcement) used to manufacture threats of higher fines, for those who complained (as reported here).

Edited by JackThompson

There are many rules and regulations which are enforced by some areas and not by others. It is quite difgicult to keep up with them all. But one trip to your local immigration office should tell you if they enforce certain rules. Ie they will fine you so at least you know then. The untold  thousands of other Expats here not using this media must get along fine using the trial and error messages. Its just the way it is here.

4 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Not all offices you should read the posts before trying to worry people unnecessarily.

Whars your immigration office so people know there one of the ones that fine people

Korat, & I'm not trying to scare people - I'm just suggesting if you happen to come down to BBK from somewhere your Immi office told you " No Worries " , then all of a sudden find yourself put on the spot by an appropiate official they may not take that your local Immi doesn't require one every time. 

8 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Korat, & I'm not trying to scare people - I'm just suggesting if you happen to come down to BBK from somewhere your Immi office told you " No Worries " , then all of a sudden find yourself put on the spot by an appropiate official they may not take that your local Immi doesn't require one every time. 

If you move province you have to put in a tm30 and tm 28 anyway so you could easily ask then if they require one every time you re enter. 

But since that, I'm strict and try to return during weekdays and working hours, and go straight from the airport to Promenada TM30 counter on the upper floor to do that, just to show them what nonsense it is - it costs me a tired smile.....

Is the procedure, if your address hasn't changed, to just bring your last TM30 receipt and have it re-endorsed? Info I've read is that you have 7 days to accomplish this (per info on Chiang Mai subforum).

2 weeks ago I went into the Patong office to apply for a multiple re-entry permit. I thought all my paperwork was correct, I had even visited the website to look for any new requirements or changes. The officer started to process my application then stopped and said, you not notify us of your place of residence. I showed them the slip in the passport then he showed me it did not match my latest departure card. I did not get upset or angry, I just left the building with the new TM30 form and went home (2 mins away). I researched the form on line and found out that this form is suppose to be submitted each and every time your re-enter the Kingdom within 24hrs. So now I went back with the 1600THB extra because I was fully expecting to pay the fine and the office was overflowing with people out onto the sidewalk, so I returned home and went to the Phuket Town office the next day. All paperwork was received and processed without any hint of a fine. I did not hand over the new TM30 form. I am due to depart again next month and will be doing this every time I re-enter from now on and I have been telling all my friends. So Patong office want it and Phuket Town do not at this stage. 

• Like 1

I just got back from getting my Multi Entry Non-O in Savannakhet (08/09). Does that mean that I have to do the TM30 all over again at Chiangmai even though I'm at the same address??? 

OMG!!! I hope not as it was such a hassle getting the docs from the Landlord before.

I can't just use the TM30 Notification Receipt that I have???

18 hours ago, Expat Brad said:

I just got back from getting my Multi Entry Non-O in Savannakhet (08/09). Does that mean that I have to do the TM30 all over again at Chiangmai even though I'm at the same address??? 

OMG!!! I hope not as it was such a hassle getting the docs from the Landlord before.

I can't just use the TM30 Notification Receipt that I have???

If Chang Mai is enforcing (I think they are), then - yes - do it to avoid a fine in the future - IF you plan to use that immigration-office for anything, ever.  You could avoid the office by simply leaving every 90-days (no extensions) - which is one benefit of a Non-O-ME Visa.  But if you go in for a "visit wife" extension, they have the opportunity to stick-you - even if you live the same place - and even if you put that address on your TM-6 form (making the exercise rather pointless).

You may not (do not, in my experience) have to supply new docs - I would bring the same ones you used the first time, along with your passport + new-TM-6.  They should "update" your TM-30.

Edited by JackThompson

On 9/14/2017 at 1:32 PM, JackThompson said:

If Chang Mai is enforcing (I think they are), then - yes - do it to avoid a fine in the future - IF you plan to use that immigration-office for anything, ever.  You could avoid the office by simply leaving every 90-days (no extensions) - which is one benefit of a Non-O-ME Visa.  But if you go in for a "visit wife" extension, they have the opportunity to stick-you - even if you live the same place - and even if you put that address on your TM-6 form (making the exercise rather pointless).

You may not (do not, in my experience) have to supply new docs - I would bring the same ones you used the first time, along with your passport + new-TM-6.  They should "update" your TM-30.

Chiang Mai Immigration started with the TM30 sometime last year as I remember.

It was the manageress who filed TM30 as paperwork  when I bought my condo years ago but was told it was only required "once" .I have a couple years left on my elite card. I don't do 90 day reports (work travel), so I don't have any business with Chiang Mai Immigration actually but may in the near future. Then when Immigration came round to the Condo last year, advising the management to get everyone reporting,  and knocked on doors. I was not in town but then no question about what is now required.

So  I went in and had to pay 1600 baht. Have a receipt for the "offense". Now I go in every time I return it never takes more than a few minute to "update" but there is always somebody there who has business with Immigration held up because of the TM30. Last time I was only in Thailand for 3 days due to a Thai funeral. An angry Farang was in Promenada making a fuss. They actually let him cut the line "queue" but after he frittered off the IO let me know what he thought of him.  

In a good guys in bad guys out Kingdom it is nice to be told I am one of the "good guys". Really made my day.

Edited by Dipterocarp

All i can suggest really if people are asking like the OP did on this particular thread about a specific location ie Khon Kaen. I and others gave him Khon Kaens immigration office's take on the TM30 rule. I gave mine based on many many previous visits to them for extensions. I have never given or been asked to give a TM 30 for every trip out of country. I was told and i verify this on every trip to them. 

TM30 is only required on return IF you are not staying in same house ie if you have moved.

Then suddenly its taken over and Chaing Mai as usual comes into focus which obsures the origional question and confuses the shit out of every body reading it.

Surley a moderator could start a sticky in every district forum as to local immigration offices take on the TM 30? Over to you moderators.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, Get Real said:

LOL:spamsign:

• Haha 1