Non O based on marriage to a thai. Savannakhet trip planned.

So I guess from the replies that I continue to enter on a tourist visa every time as I am not retired, merely visiting albeit regularly-that's 106 stamps, 53 entry/53exit in the last 2 years alone, will need to replace my passport soon due to this :(

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, Oceanic said:

A question from a newbie to this forum. I have been married to a Thai wife for some time, and we have properties in Thailand both in her name & in mine. I work for an airline & so choose to commute to Thailand on strings of days off. For a few years I have been doing this on a tourist visa, entering for a few days at a time. All legal & never been questioned, but would like to get residence as fed up of my passport being clogged with stamps. I am not able to leave my passport for any more than a couple of days. I am over 50 & could go the multiple entry retirement visa route but that is not really appropriate as I am not retired. Any suggestions?

Non o based on marriage from Savannakhet 5k 90 day entries sounds perfect for you. Hand docs in first day get passport back next day with visa in.

• Like 1

Thanks, agreed but think I will get it from home country embassy as Savannakhet out of the way for me. Luckily have a second passport due to nature of my job so can leave it for as long as needed. Already have the bank account so all looks ok. Thanks for advice. A couple more years working then hopefully can join the ranks of retired in Thailand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oceanic said:

Thanks, agreed but think I will get it from home country embassy as Savannakhet out of the way for me. Luckily have a second passport due to nature of my job so can leave it for as long as needed. Already have the bank account so all looks ok. Thanks for advice. A couple more years working then hopefully can join the ranks of retired in Thailand.

Check requirements for home country. So you can get everything you need and need signing by the Mrs all done. Dont forget original marriage certificate.

On 9/11/2017 at 6:34 AM, Oceanic said:

So I guess from the replies that I continue to enter on a tourist visa every time as I am not retired, merely visiting albeit regularly-that's 106 stamps, 53 entry/53exit in the last 2 years alone, will need to replace my passport soon due to this :(

Unfortunately, spending the money for a visa will not eliminate the stamps. In fact, the visa itself will take a full page that you could get 3 entries on. 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

Do you really need a letter ? Marriage certificate + wife ID + house registration are usually enough it seems ? Thanks.

They don't ask for the letter from your wife.

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

• Thanks 1