Airport link at Suvanabhumi - trains are using the Express platform

Argus Tuft

It's been about 2 1/2 years since the Express Train was running....I would love to know what happened to those trains. Were they converted to City Line trains or are they sitting in a rail yard rotting after having many parts removed to keep the other trains running since the SRT did not schedule routine maintenance on a timely basis.  

I think you guys may have misunderstood my post. I'm quite aware that the Express line shut down some time back.

And since that time, the platform it used to operate from at Suvanabhumi was unused.

Today, instead of the City Line train leaving from the City Line platform, it was cordoned off, and a temporary path was in place to the former Express Line platform.

Thus the City line train arrived to and departed from the Express platform

21 hours ago, Searat7 said:

It's been about 2 1/2 years since the Express Train was running....I would love to know what happened to those trains. Were they converted to City Line trains or are they sitting in a rail yard rotting after having many parts removed to keep the other trains running since the SRT did not schedule routine maintenance on a timely basis.  

They get used on the City Line. I have been on one, about a year ago, and they are a lot more comfortable. The seating does not allow the same number of standing passengers so maybe only used in quiet times.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

They get used on the City Line. I have been on one, about a year ago, and they are a lot more comfortable. The seating does not allow the same number of standing passengers so maybe only used in quiet times.

Not any more.  They converted the interiors to be the same as the City Line trains a while ago.