What is the VERY BEST thing about living in Thailand??

fashionablesally

31 minutes ago, JLCrab said:
52 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Those ones also tend to not want to be caught dead with a guy who's the same age (or older) than their fathers.

Tend? So how many do you need?

Definitely only need or want one.   But it gets a bit depressing when you start being told that the overseas educated, English speaking hotties your Hi-so friends are introducing you to won't date anyone older than 35.   

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Naam said:
5 hours ago, JLCrab said:

In my experience, spending lots of time on Sumatra 20+ years ago, the Indonesian girls are much sexier having curves where most Thai girls don't know there can be curves.

As I used to say, however, the girls on Sumatra are not so readily accommodating. You have to marry them -- but you can marry three.

why not four?

Who has the time for four!

1 hour ago, amvet said:

Caught alive is OK given he is driving the right car and taking them to the right restaurants and buying them the right clothes.  I actually live in Thailand and know these things.  There is a group of old guys (property developers) who meet weekly in CM with their hi so uni girl interns, the girls take turns waitressesing  in the sauna. 

I think there are many different definitions of hi so on this forum. No hi so girl I have ever known would go around waitresing for anyone, whether it be at a restaurant or a sauna. 

I feel these girls you speak of are maybe considered hi so by association, not actually hi so themselves. 

21 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Definitely only need or want one.   But it gets a bit depressing when you start being told that the overseas educated, English speaking hotties your Hi-so friends are introducing you to won't date anyone older than 35.   

Who said anything about English speaking?

6 hours ago, JLCrab said:

In my experience, spending lots of time on Sumatra 20+ years ago, the Indonesian girls are much sexier having curves where most Thai girls don't know there can be curves.

As I used to say, however, the girls on Sumatra are not so readily accommodating. You have to marry them -- but you can marry three.

Would that mean 3 mothers in law as well?

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

And another thing.....

Had a blocked toilet this morning. Neighbor arrives with a plunger, cleared with 2 minutes work. Give him 100 baht for Lao Khao, he walks away with a smile on his face.

Assuming I could even get a plumber in Australia on short notice, it would be 3000 baht for the callout alone.

Although I suppose he would also be smiling on the way to the bank.

Try eating more fiber.....

I mentioned the possibility of 3 wives in Sumatra  because when I was in Sumatra that was always the number I was told. If you want more detail you can check it out for yourselves.

Maybe there should be a topic of "Hi-So Thai women I have loved, lost, and lamented"

Edited by JLCrab

13 hours ago, amvet said:

1.  What was the most common weapon used by the American Army during the Revolutionary war?  2.  What percent of the lead actually hit the enemy?  3.  What weapons did the most damage during the Revolutionary war? 

To save you some time, the myth of the squirrel rifle being effective in the Revolutionary war was mostly myth and the Americans had to be trained on the Brown Bess the same weapon used by the Brits.   Cannons killed more people.  Only 20% of the lead balls fired by muskets actually hit the enemy. 

The reality of the Revolutionary war was, the French actually won it and the Americans had to be 100% trained as soldiers and it made little difference if they had hunting rifles or shotguns as they were rarely used in battle.  A few sharpshooters were effective but they were the minority. 

What would have saved the Warsaw ghetto was the Brits and/or Americans being less antisemitic. 

You are really up against a lot of folklore when it comes to the American Revolutionary war and the Civil war.  Reality is so much less interesting. 

http://www.doublegv.com/ggv/battles/tactics.html

You seem to have gone-off half-cocked. I did not mention rifles, I said, "  . . . the fact Americans had guns and knew how to use them may have had something to do with the outcome."  In fact, that double-barrelled Parker my ancestor owned was a smooth-bore. Rifles had more accuracy and distance, but could not be reloaded as quickly as muskets.

You poor mistreated blokes, did the French beat you? The French did not even fully align with America until after the Brit defeat at Saratoga and their first three attempts to help afterward--New York, Newport, and Savanna--were decidedly futile blunders. Other than funding, materiel and keeping you Brits busy elsewhere, French military assistance was mostly on the seas--against the greatest sea-power in the world; or was France the greatest power? So, I doubt the Americans had little to do with their winning the revolution.

The Brits not having that limp-wristed Chamberlain would probably have done more to save the Poles than overcoming anti-semitism. However, what I said was the Germans would not have had such an easy time had the Poles been armed. 

20 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Color is very important to Thais, that's why there is lots of discrimination against Thais from Issan. A dark skin means you work in the rice fields, therefore low social status.

Haven't you noticed all the white-skinned Thai models, male and female, on Thai TV flogging skin whitening products?

Alot of people with whiter skin on TV are frang thai mix.

18 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I mentioned the possibility of 3 wives in Sumatra  because when I was in Sumatra that was always the number I was told. If you want more detail you can check it out for yourselves.

Maybe there should be a topic of "Hi-So Thai women I have loved, lost, and lamented"

Where do I check dude  :smile: .. Haha yea Hi-So Thai women I have loved lost and lamented has a nice ring to it .. Though Thai harlets that have gripped , stripped and then chucked me might be a bit nearer the mark .. :smile:

Edited by Justgrazing
Spelling

37 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Who said anything about English speaking?

Difficult to have a proper relationship with someone when you can't communicate with them fully.   My Thai is never going to be as good as the English of an overseas educated Thai girl.

3 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I communicate in Thai just fine, thank you. But it's very noble of you to spend your time on here giving us a glimpse into the world of the upper crust.

That is excellent.  My Thai will I hope improve enough for day to day interactions, but I know it will never be fluent. 

I didn't say anything about the world of the upper crust.   What I was trying to get across is that if you want to date someone, then it makes sense that you choose someone you can communicate with perfectly.   

1 hour ago, seancbk said:
4 hours ago, Naam said:
6 hours ago, JLCrab said:

why not four?

Who has the time for four!

if you have time for three you also have time for a fourth one :smile: plus there's variety available. ménage à trois, quatre and cinque.

Well if the girl doesn't speak English, then that becomes a moot point. You were the one who mentioned the overseas educated Thai girl, not me. All I was referring to are the Thai women over whom the rich Thais drool and don't need to be a go-go dancer to get noticed.

And you all can write about how many Sumatran wives but the number I always heard when I was there was 3.

Edited by JLCrab

20 hours ago, oldhippy said:

20 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Sleeping with girls half my age (and more). Not much PC crap. Good travel connection to SEA for those 'fun' trips. Arguing relentlessly on TVF for no reason or outcome whatsoever.

When one of the more intelligent posters uses the expression "PC crap" I get confused.

Please tell me what "PC" means to you? Maybe we agree, maybe not.

To me PC means: not be a male chauvinist pig, not be a paternalist, not be a racist.

He means peanis condoms

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

But why should they? 

Hi so Overseas educated , English speaking hotties can have any guy they want... 

They don't care about the money because they probably have their own anyway

Any middle class girl, not even hi so, is not looking for a guy over 35. I wonder why this is a surprise to people. Middle to upper class obviously have an education, which usually translates into a half decent career (or in the case of hi so, money coming out of their ears). They have countless rich Thai guys knocking at their door. They don't need to seek a farang unless it is for love, so yes, usually (not saying always) someone near their own age. 

Edited by wildewillie89

3 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Any middle class girl, not even hi so, is not looking for a guy over 35. I wonder why this is a surprise to people. Middle to upper class obviously have an education, which usually translates into a half decent career (or in the case of hi so, money coming out of their ears). They have countless rich Thai guys knocking at their door. They don't need to seek a farang unless it is for love, so yes, usually (not saying always) someone near their own age. 

There are some amusing posts here... Have to give them credit lol

A hiso foreign educated girl will more than likely end up with a hiso rich young man her own age with the familys approval ... + Probably with a 6pack instead of a beer belly... 

Almost no chance she will end up with a fat old farang twice her age because whether she works or not after uni she will never need to care about money... 

You might get a cute young hooker, but it's not really the same thing... Is it? 

8 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Yes and some of them have had countless rich Thai guys knocking at their door since they were 15 years old and they are bored with the whole thing especially if they don't speak English and meet a reasonably well-off farang who speaks sufficient Thai.

1 minute ago, speedtripler said:

There are some amusing posts here... Have to give them credit lol

A hiso foreign educated girl will more than likely end up with a hiso rich young man her own age with the familys approval ... + Probably with a 6pack instead of a beer belly... 

Almost no chance she will end up with a fat old farang twice her age because whether she works or not after uni she will never need to care about money... 

You might get a cute young hooker, but it's not really the same thing... Is it? 

I would say my Mrs is middle class - but moving through the ranks pretty quick so will end up with a reasonable salary (plus many benefits) and a pension probably bigger than if she married an old farang anyway. However, I am 2 years younger than her (28 vs 30).

She is obviously very polite and friendly to all ages, but a romantic relationship with someone near her dads age is a bit off in her eyes. Each to their own of course, but many guys seem a little bit arrogant when they come to Thai thinking they are God's gift to Thai women. It is 2017 now, Thai girls have more opportunities now to, one, get an education good enough to survive Thai life, and two, with advances in technology find young farang lol. 

9 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Yes and some of them have had countless rich Thai guys knocking at their door since they were 15 years old and they are bored with the whole thing especially if they don't speak English and meet a reasonably well-off farang who speaks sufficient Thai.

That is true. However, with a half decent career, or in the case of being a hi so, they have a lot of options under 35.