Sorrayuth makes bail pending appeal

snoop1130

Sorrayuth makes bail pending appeal

By The Nation

9ed81079e431c069509bffed3fc74c53.jpeg

File photo: Sorrayuth Suthassanachinda

The Supreme Court approved bail requests for former famous TV news host Sorrayuth Suthassanachinda and his employee on Tuesday.

Both were sentenced to lengthy jail terms late last month over bribery and embezzlement charges related to the sale of commercial airtime during his popular news programme, which was broadcast by the MCOT more than a decade ago. 

The Supreme Court decided to approve the bail requests of Sorrayuth and his employee, Montha Thiradej, after accepting their appeal request. 

They were released on Bt5million bail each. As part of their bail conditions, they are required to report to the court every three months. They are also barred from making overseas trips. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326496

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-12

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

They were released on Bt5million bail each. As part of their bail conditions, they are required to report to the court every three months. They are also barred from making overseas trips. 

I know on TV it is fashionable to knock the Thai justice system, but just look at the onerous conditions attached to their release.

They have to do 90 day reports!

And cannot leave the country, I assume unless they have a re-entry permit already.

Edited by BigBadGeordie
Addendum

I know on TV it is fashionable to knock the Thai justice system, but just look at the onerous conditions attached to their release.

They have to do 90 day reports!

And cannot leave the country, I assume unless they have a re-entry permit already.

Doesn't say they actually took their passports, so presumably they could leave easily if they so desired.