Non-O Retirement London Embassy

Looking for  feedback on the requirements for a non-o retirement vise from the Thai Embassy in London from anyone that has recently applied. Did you need to give any financial information ? On the website they state that a copy of UK state pension should be supplied with the application, can anyone advise what document this is ( I am applying on behalf of my elderly mother who doesn't know ). Also they have a separate form on the website for long stayers which is not mentioned in the how to apply section, was this required when you applied ?

Many thanks for your feedback.

I applied a few months ago, no financial information required if you are in receipt of State Pension. Include a copy of letter from Department of Works and Pension,which tells you your weekly pension. 

Also Bank statement showing pension has been paid into your account. This was for a Non -o multi entry visa

Edited by Tim16

For Non -O-A long stay  A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.
- In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.
- A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).
- A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tubercolosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third Step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).

Re visa London  visa applications.

A friend of mine was advised by the visa section, that they have a 3/4  week backlog.

This is  because of a last minute surge in applications for  the gratis single entry visa.

This  free offer   finished   at  of end  August. 

15 minutes ago, RoastBeef said:

Thank you Tim, I take it you did not need to complete the extra Long Stay form then ? When applying for a non-o multi entry.

Long Stay.pdf

The multiple entry Non O and the Non O-A (long stay) visas are completely different from each other. For the Non O-A, the requirements are the same as in other countries. For the multiple Non O for retirees, London uses different rules from those followed at almost all other Thai consulates elsewhere in the world.

Edited by BritTim

5 hours ago, maimeepom said:

Re visa London  visa applications.

A friend of mine was advised by the visa section, that they have a 3/4  week backlog.

This is  because of a last minute surge in applications for  the gratis single entry visa.

This  free offer   finished   at  of end  August. 

What FREE offer?? 

G8 county’s where not included is the free single visa offer, so why is the London Embassy claiming a3 to 4 week backlog?