Thailand Bans ‘Fight Of Gods’ For Damage To Buddhism

webfact

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

BANGKOK — A computer game that pits deities from different religions in brawls was removed Wednesday night from online stores in Thailand.

“Fight of Gods,” which launched earlier this month, was no longer available for purchase from within the kingdom on Steam, an online computer gaming platform. The removal followed complaints from Buddhist officials who were outraged to see Buddha trading fists with other divine beings such as Jesus Christ.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/arts/2017/09/14/thailand-bans-fight-gods-game/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-09-14

Fair enough... now tackle the reported drugs / money laundering in temples.

Make a maximum "donate box" quota per square metre (you can't even take picture in Chiang Mai's temples without having 3 donate boxes in there... or DTAC advertising on benches)

And let people live instead of forcing them to do every single thing your way, thinking included.

Edited by JohnLick

You can always tell how insecure the religious are by the way they react to these insignificant occurences.

I wonder if the makers of the game had the balls to have Mohammed or Allah as a carachter. I doubt it very much. Those Muslims are the worst for getting their feelings hurt.

2 hours ago, MW72 said:

I wonder if the makers of the game had the balls to have Mohammed or Allah as a carachter. I doubt it very much. Those Muslims are the worst for getting their feelings hurt.

There's a clue in the article.

Notably, it did not include the Islamic prophet Muhammad, depictions of which are banned by the religion and have been answered with violence by extremists.

But by far the best quote in there is;

“Fight of Gods” is the second videogame to be banned in Thailand in recent years. In wake of the May 2014 military coup, national censors barred sales of “Tropico 5,” a strategy simulation game that put players in charge of running a backward tropical nation as dictators able to kill dissidents, rig elections and censor the press.

:partytime2:

Anyway, it would be a very boring fight game.

reportedly both Buddha and  Jesus were pacifists.

every time you hit any button on the controler Jesus turns the other cheek, and Buddha just lays there.

I guess they  could kill each other with kindness.:tongue:

Edited by sirineou

8 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Wish I could say what I think but it only needs a few words to be moved

This kind of title and use of subjects in a computer game is in extremely Bad taste.
Using names of Celebrities (no disrespect meant) and aimed at creating controversy and thus free advertising.
If the game were called Clooney vs. Connery or 007 against Spiderman, it would I think have been taken down already for copyright infringements.

In addition to the above line, I would have hoped to see the "and other beliefs" as well.

Same ol' story...

...That Jesus is still a bad-ass fictional character, but gets his ass kicked in the end! :vampire:

Typical immature and ridiculous reaction by Thailand. However, Malaysia actually led the way in stupidity and was first to ban the game even though none of the Islamic fictional characters are included. :clap2: Guess the 20% Buddhists are easily offended there too.