re-entry permit on used single entry non-immigrant visa

Hello, I entered the country yesterday on a single entry non-immigrant visa (thai spouse) with the plan to apply a 1 year extension before the end of the visa validity. However, I might need to leave the country for a unexpected trip outside the country very soon.

My SENO visa has already been marked as "USED".

Can I still apply for a single re-entry permit at BKK airport before I fly out?

If yes, is the re-entry permit office before or after immigration desks at airport?

Much appreciated!

You can get a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid when you re-enter the country.

Be sure you take a photo with you incase they cannot take one for the application. You will pay a service charge of 200 baht for them doing the form, copies and photo. Total of 1200 baht for a single re-entry permit.

The re-entry permit desk at Suvarnabhumi is after security just before the departure immigration desks in zone 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid when you re-enter the country.

Be sure you take a photo with you incase they cannot take one for the application. You will pay a service charge of 200 baht for them doing the form, copies and photo. Total of 1200 baht for a single re-entry permit.

The re-entry permit desk at Suvarnabhumi is after security just before the departure immigration desks in zone 2.

how the hell do you know all this stuff??? 555 you're knowledge of thai immigration matters is very impressive

12 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

how the hell do you know all this stuff??? 555 you're knowledge of thai immigration matters is very impressive

If you do complete the form from home (download it off the internet) and attach your own picture (like I have done last time), you avoid the 200 baht "service fee".

Not sure though if you can find empty forms in that office, since it would disrupt the 200 extra baht business.

10 minutes ago, lkv said:

If you do complete the form from home (download it off the internet) and attach your own picture (like I have done last time), you avoid the 200 baht "service fee".

Not sure though if you can find empty forms in that office, since it would disrupt the 200 extra baht business.

The service is for those that are in a rush and didn't have time to get things done before arriving at the airport. Can you imagine having to get the copies and photos done at the airport. Two hundred baht is not a lot of money to pay for the convenience.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Joe have they changed it AGAIN.

I went through security awhile back and was told it was located BEFORE you enter security.

They cancelled my stamp and i had to go outside and get it.

Then go through the WHOLE security and immigration again.

And they questioned WHY i had my first stamp cancelled.

Thanks for any info for next time.

As of 30 June when I last did it at BKK, it is at a desk in the back left corner after security before immigration. Takes around ten minutes.

Alternatively, go to your local immigration office and do it before you go to the airport. In my case, in Hua Hin, that was much simpler and cheaper and less stress at the airport.

1 hour ago, Argus Tuft said:

Can confirm the desk is on the far left front corner of the immigration hall - before the immigration counters.

Source:  Went through there this week

Ditto couple of days ago

Edited by MiclB
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, julot said:

can someone please confirm the same applies for Don Mueang ? (after security, next and before immigration booths, 24hr...)

At Don Mueang the desk is after departure immigration in the office that does overstays. Also open 24 hours.