News agency boss claims former Reuters writer defamed him

rooster59

News agency boss claims former Reuters writer defamed him

By The Nation

The director of Isra News Agency, Prasong Lertrattanavisut, filed a complaint on Friday against former Reuters Thailand correspondent Andrew MacGregor Marshall, who allegedly defamed him in a Facebook post.

Isra Institute issued a second statement, signed by its executive Wimolpan Pitathawatchai, on Saturday saying Prasong had filed a complaint with the Technology Crime Suppression Division as Marshall had defamed him.

In the statement, the institute said the inquiring officer had told them that Marshall is already wanted by police. Marshall has faced several complaints for allegedly being provocative and causing division to Thai society, the statement said.

The institute insisted it would do everything to help get Prasong through the current situation, allegedly caused by some people who had been troubled by Isra’s investigative reports.

The institute also threatened to take legal action against anyone who did any harm to the integrity of the news agency, Prasong and its reporters.

Isra News Agency has played a vital role in reporting investigative reports against politicians and government officials. 

The development came after reports were recently circulated alleging sexual harassment against a young employee by a media executive.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326866

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-17

I've never heard of this guy but I will be sure to look him up later today and know all about whatever it is that was said about him.

The only reason I will know what happened is directly and 100% because of this legal action, had they not filed a complaint I would NEVER have heard of this news agency or the director who has apparently been defamed.

It's called the Barbra Streisand effect

21 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I've never heard of this guy but I will be sure to look him up later today and know all about whatever it is that was said about him.

The only reason I will know what happened is directly and 100% because of this legal action, had they not filed a complaint I would NEVER have heard of this news agency or the director who has apparently been defamed.

It's called the Barbra Streisand effect

From Andrew's facebook page:

"Issara Institute say they will sue me for defamation for reporting sexual harassment allegations against Prasong Lertrattanasut... Good luck trying!"

2 hours ago, lazygourmet said:

From Andrew's facebook page:

"Issara Institute say they will sue me for defamation for reporting sexual harassment allegations against Prasong Lertrattanasut... Good luck trying!"

Big boss ordered us not to follow/read his page.. Now you are in trouble :giggle:

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The development came after reports were recently circulated alleging sexual harassment against a young employee by a media executive.

Now that's how you let the public know what the exec is trying to hush up  without actually reporting it. 

6 hours ago, meinphuket said:

Unfortunately the arm of 'justice' does not reach across borders, and no government in its right mind will extradite anyone, but especially a reporter, to a place notorious for its contempt of them.

I wouldn't put it past Cambodia to do so.

The CCA is here to protect the villains and it dos here but no where else.

Mr Wimolpan Pitathawatchai must be out of his tree as now the country knows what he has been up to

Wimolpan Pitathawatchai should get off his backside go to London and do a civil case against Andrew, but he will not as he knows he would loose big time.

A total waste of police time and state money as sweet FA will happen over this as UK and most other countries would laugh in the face of the country if they tried to extradite Andrew.

Rooster was correct babies in adults clothing.

I expect Andrew is PI<<<<< himself laughing

Edited by wakeupplease

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

The CCA is here to protect the villains and it dos here but no where else.

Mr Wimolpan Pitathawatchai must be out of his tree as now the country knows what he has been up to

Wimolpan Pitathawatchai should get off his backside go to London and do a civil case against Andrew, but he will not as he knows he would loose big time.

A total waste of police time and state money as sweet FA will happen over this as UK and most other countries would laugh in the face of the country if they tried to extradite Andrew.

Rooster was correct babies in adults clothing.

I expect Andrew is PI<<<<< himself laughing

The aggrieved party in this case is "The director of Isra News Agency, Prasong Lertrattanavisut" who claims he was defamed by AMG. It is what this man has been up to that is causing the stir........

Isra Institute issued a second statement, signed by its executive Wimolpan Pitathawatchai, on Saturday saying Prasong had filed a complaint with the Technology Crime Suppression Division as Marshall had defamed him (Prasong)..