Another Lazada rort

starky

I will start by saying I don't mind Lazada their COD is convenient, deliverys are always prompt and if you are careful you won't end up with any of the multitude of counterfeit goods available on their website.  Anyway they gave me a 25% discount code for use if I downloaded their app. Daughters birthday coming up so I ordered @ 7000 baht worth of presents and party stuff, enter the code and... got 100 baht taken off the purchase price, lol. Needless to say I cancelled my order and deleted the app. Pretty shonky to say the least there was no fine print or "up to" caveats it was strictly 25% off which I think is dodgy as F+@?. Nice one Lazada.

Edited by starky

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Could you possibly have misunderstood something?

No quite clearly stated 25% off your app purchase. Couldn't be much clearer than that. I am waiting for a response from Lazada now I'm sure the explanation will be clear as mud however. 

6 hours ago, starky said:

Daughters birthday coming up so I ordered @ 7000 baht worth of presents and party stuff, enter the code and... got 100 baht taken off the purchase price, lol. Needless to say I cancelled my order

That will teach her!!

:coffee1:

Read the small print next time before ordering your daughter's birthday presents and then cancelling them.

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

That will teach her!!

Read the small print next time before ordering your daughter's birthday presents and then cancelling them.

I read the OP and saw this ...

9 hours ago, starky said:

... there was no fine print or "up to" caveats it was strictly 25% off ...

4 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

That will teach her!!

Please inform me where's the fine print in "25% off on your app order" provide a link and I'll happily stand corrected, and don't worry champ my daughter won't be missing out only lazada.  Or are ya just another shit talking muppet

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I read the OP and saw this ...

Yet he has not posted any evidence to that effect.

Until that time it is the OP's word against Lazada........ who he openly accused of "rort"....

rort

noun: rort; plural noun: rorts
  1. 1.
    a fraudulent or dishonest act or practice.
    "a tax rort"

15 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Yet he has not posted any evidence to that effect.

Until that time it is the OP's word against Lazada........ who he openly accused of "rort"....

rort

noun: rort; plural noun: rorts
  1. 1.
    a fraudulent or dishonest act or practice.
    "a tax rort"

Just open lazadas home page mate its on the top of every page just about no * , no conditions, no nothing, no up to, only 25 % off your app purchase

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

OK, it only shows on the mobile if you're not using the App, I see it too.

@starky you did order via the App didn't you?

EDIT and a troll post has been removed.

Certainly did thats why i downloaded the app so i could get the 25% off mate

Edited by starky

A lot of the items showing on the App main page already have pretty hefty "discounts", I wonder if there's a "terms" somewhere that says "not in conjunction with another offer".

We await your reply from Lazada (but not holding one's breath).

25 minutes ago, starky said:

Certainly did thats why i downloaded the app so i could get the 25% off mate

It's not displayed on my PC, but thanks for posting, I am more than happy to accept the evidence.

I still believe this is more of a technicality than any attempt to "rort". I have never had a bad experience with Lazada in 40+ purchases.

7 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

It's not displayed on my PC, but thanks for posting, I am more than happy to accept the evidence.

Yeah, it only shows on a mobile if you access the website, prompting you to download the app.

You have to get all the way to the payment page before you can enter the code and discover how much "25%" of 7k Baht is. "Thai maths not same farang maths" (like Thai electric or water [flows up hill]).

13 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I still believe this is more of a technicality than any attempt to "rort". I have never had a bad experience with Lazada in 40+ purchases.

Well if it's not a rort it is certainly a bloody good impersonation. As I stated I like lazada too but those sort of dodgy tactics are unnecessary IMO

Screenshot_20170920-174433.png

It will be interesting to hear what Lazada's reason is in starky's case.

For informational purposes only.

From http://www.lazada.co.th/terms-conditions/?spm=a2o4l.cms.0.0.avJCRQ#voucher

"Terms & Conditions for Voucher

1. The following terms and conditions (T&Cs) apply to your use and redemption of promotional vouchers or voucher codes distributed by Lazada

2. Vouchers are valid only on the Lazada website or mobile application.

3. In order to use the vouchers, voucher codes must be entered at the checkout page.

4. Vouchers codes are to be used for a one time purchase only.

5. Customers are only allowed to redeem one voucher per day.

6. Lazada reserves the right to cancel or modify orders, or revoke the use of voucher codes, where the vouchers are used in the following circumstances:

• suspicious or fradulent voucher use;
  • voucher abuse, including vouchers redeemed using multiple accounts or multiple checkouts associated with the same customer or group of customers; and/ or
  • vouchers used in bad faith (including resold vouchers, or use of vouchers on orders made and intended for resale).

7. Unless otherwise stated, vouchers or other promotional discounts are not valid in conjunction with other tactical promotions or discounts, with the exception of pre-discounted products on Lazada.

8. Additional terms and conditions may be specified in relation to specific voucher codes (for example, duration, discount amount and products covered), and will govern the use and redemption of those vouchers in addition to these terms.

9. Vouchers are not exchangeable for cash.

10. Lazada reserves the right to change these terms or cancel any promotions at any time without notice."

Edited by Coconut Kidd

Lazada.... you gotta be on your toes with that company, example: 7 or 14 returns possible..... but from time it leaves their depot, not the time it arrives at your address, I ordered shoes, they were a little bit big for me, but after 5 days delivery time I had to navigate their return goods process pretty sharpish.....

All in all its much the same as any mail order company yes there are a lot of fakes on Lazada due to 3rd party sellers. But if you choose wisley and look through the multitude of sellers selling tbe item you want its usualy fine. Delivery seems to be a problem for some. After my first few deliveries with the diffrent delivery companies i have had no problems. Lets face it it must be a bloody nightmare multi drop delivering in Thailand addresses dont follow in any order yes they may know the village but finding the house!. As for the 10/20/30% off vouchers there is always a catch but being good TV agatha christies you should all find them.