Marriage Extension Income Question

Is it possible to combine income and savings to meet the THB40,000 per month / THB400,000 savings criteria?

When I did my marriage extension today initially the officer said I couldn't combine my Thai income and my UK income for the 40,000 per month which was a bit of shock as combine they are over 60,000 - he said I had to use one or the other and both are just short

Fortunately he checked with his boss and she confirmed that the two sources of income could be combined

Before he sought confirmation I asked if I could use use one of my Thai bank accounts which has had THB200,000 sat in it for a few months to make up the difference and he said "No, it has to be 40,000 or 400,000. You cannot combine them"

Is this the case or was he confused in the same way he was confused about combining my Thai and U.K. Incomes?

Thanks in advance

Thanks - that's good to know for the future. It's not a route I'd thought of using until I was told I couldn't combine monthly incomes

I'll top up that savings account ahead of next year just in case the monthly income confusion arises again ;)

changing to a reirement visa is still a few years away for me but can you combine monthly income and savings to reach the 80,000 / 800,000 limit?

3 minutes ago, narkeddiver said:

Thanks - that's good to know for the future. It's not a route I'd thought of using until I was told I couldn't combine monthly incomes

I'll top up that savings account ahead of next year just in case the monthly income confusion arises again ;)

changing to a reirement visa is still a few years away for me but can you combine monthly income and savings to reach the 80,000 / 800,000 limit?

For retirement then you can combine the bank deposit and monthly income, monthly is 65,000 BTW.

So you are allowed to use both to reach the 800,000 per year amount.

Last question on this topic (I hope) 

I used my UK rental income and there is a deduction every month for management fees (which appears on the invoices that I use as proof)

I used the value after the deduction as my monthly income - is this correct or could I use the gross amount?