Do you have any experience with noisy neighbors in Thailand?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In another tread members talk about buying property in Thailand and noisy neighbors.

Did you ever have noisy neighbors in Thailand?

Could you solve this by yourself with the neighbor?

Did you let the security people or management handle this?

Was it so bad that you moved out?

Personally, I had a long time ago a noisy neighbor. I let it slide a few times and then I just called the security of the building, every time he started noise again in the middle of the night.

I don't remember how long it took, but maybe max one month later the problem was solved.

How about you?

• Like 2

Thailand no Ameica yes.

A  lummox above who walked, literally like a brontosaurus

in a newer apartment but typical cheap construction

I could hear every step he made from 5 or 6 AM. Bam Bamm Bammm

He could not have cared less.

I  moved.

Last event a bloody cockerel at it all day, crafty bugger, like a dog was not so bad when they were in. Complained to the owner and they got rid of, 3 months later it was back, complained again this time it looks like gone for good. Its a housing estate not a farmyard. Other than that yapping dogs, always found it useless to complain so resorted to anonymous letters which almost always worked. If you talk to them they just make excuses then never speak to you again. Lucky with the music apart from guy up the road who went off the rails when his mrs left. Never heard a domestic sound system so loud the poor woman opposite nearly had a breakdown.

• Like 1

About 20 years ago we had an American and his Thai wife , they had 6 Alsatian dogs,

the noise was terrible , over the     years the dogs died , then the   man  then his wife,

good neighbors      moved in ,over the road     they are Muslims so no dogs ,about the

same time as the American we had a Doctor 3 house along he had also 6 dogs ,which

he just let roam free       ,biting people ,one by one they died and never got any more,

so quiet now .......

regards Worgeordie

A friend once rented a pool villa in a fairly post developpment in Hua Hin. All looked fine on the websites and seemed nice once they arrived, I guess.

Few days later a bunch of germans arrived who had rented the villa in front. It was non stop noise, drunken brawls, loud music, all night loud talking, noise of pools splashing till late evenings.... The developpment security guard was first informed and just looked on blantly and of course pretended not to understand. Then the managment was informed but did not really seem to care. Problem was never solved for their entire 3 week holiday. Needless to say, they will never pay the hefty rent price in that specific developpment in Hua Hin, Hin Lek Fai.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

A friend once rented a pool villa in a fairly post developpment in Hua Hin. All looked fine on the websites and seemed nice once they arrived, I guess.

Few days later a bunch of germans arrived who had rented the villa in front. It was non stop noise, drunken brawls, loud music, all night loud talking, noise of pools splashing till late evenings.... The developpment security guard was first informed and just looked on blantly and of course pretended not to understand. Then the managment was informed but did not really seem to care. Problem was never solved for their entire 3 week holiday. Needless to say, they will never pay the hefty rent price in that specific developpment in Hua Hin, Hin Lek Fai.

Same thing happened to a mate and his wife had a nervous breakdown. 

Hua Hin has seen an explosion in these type of party houses, it's transforming and not for the better. 

Edited by theblether
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

The new world attitude is careless about others.  Do what you want when you want and F everyone else. Besides living environments, look at the phone situation.  Just have ongoing loud conversation where ever you want who cares about others.  Noise and rudeness way of the world now it seems

Not really.

It depends a lot on where you are and the people who are in those locations.

I am regularly in multiple restaurants without these problems.

And where I live mostly it is civilized in the floors, the lifts, and the corridors in between.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Had a problem with the neighbours dogs at night for a while. Bought an ultra sonic device on Lazada. No more barking.

what was the  device?

• Like 2

I don't think most Thai people consider noise to be a problem.  Many keep dogs as a sort of cheap alarm, and they bark at everything all the time, others have ginormous speakers in their ratty old pickups, blaring 'luk tung' pop music all night, or even worse, Thai rap, which sounds an angry toddler tantrum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I don't think most Thai people consider noise to be a problem.  Many keep dogs as a sort of cheap alarm, and they bark at everything all the time, others have ginormous speakers in their ratty old pickups, blaring 'luk tung' pop music all night, or even worse, Thai rap, which sounds an angry toddler tantrum.

Luktung is not 'pop' music.

50 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

We've live in the same house and moo ban for 17yrs.A couple years ago they knocked down the old house next to ours.A Chinese couple built a 5 br pool villa for short term rental listed on Booking.com. 12k/night 3 day minimum.About once a week a mini van will unload 4-6 guys and the afternoon and the ladies are brought back usually after midnight and the pool parties start.

I spent 60k upgrading my windows with laminates etc to no avail.

Complaints to city hall get a shrug. They're using the female moo ban manager as the proxy.There's fa we can do about it. 

I've rented a 1 br condo in a quiet part of Jomtien that has a strong juristic office that don't allow Air B&B.Sleeping great now. Wifey don't like it either and we will now try to sell the place.  

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The new world attitude is careless about others.  Do what you want when you want and F everyone else. Besides living environments, look at the phone situation.  Just have ongoing loud conversation where ever you want who cares about others.  Noise and rudeness way of the world now it seems

back in early 2000's when phones started to become a thing we would call people hollywood for talking on their phone. 

1 hour ago, simple1 said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Had a problem with the neighbours dogs at night for a while. Bought an ultra sonic device on Lazada. No more barking.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

what was the  device?

I bought this one Dog bark silencer There similar types on Lazada.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I just want to add that they are not 100% effective. I have used them on my peddle bike to stop dogs from chasing me. Some dogs (usually older and larger) don't seem to hear it, and some get used to it. They work really well on younger dogs, sometimes yelping in pain.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That's pretty awesome. But does it make a sound we humans can hear? I need to be very diplomatic with the neighbor and his dogs and don't want him to find out that I am torturing his dogs for torturing me with barking 24/7.

Edited by AreYouGerman